Thread: VIP Tickets Confusion

Default VIP Tickets Confusion

A Couple Questions on VIP Tickets.... $339.00 for Upgrade only? Or does it include the ticket? Also what does the VIP ticket get you?

Thanks.

Default Re: VIP Tickets Confusion

VIP upgrade includes access to additional food and beverage vendors, comfortable seating and private restroom facilities. The VIP area is adjacent to the main stage. Still must also purchase a festival pass. Check out this Coachella message board thread about the VIP area: http://coachella.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=15
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I don't know how you keep your cool PF. I'd be going wacko-frisbee if I were you.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

i have a bunch of stuff for COPY/PASTE in a text file that i keep handy.

I've got to say, I think saying the VIP area is "adjacent to" the main stage is misleading. "Adjacent to" makes it sound like it's next to the main stage, and it's actually not very close.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

compared to every other landmark in the festival, it is certainly the closest. It's not saying it's a good view to the stage, it's merely a point of location.

There is a beer garden adjacent to the Sahara. Could you actually watch an act from there? No, but it's a very short walk.

The VIP area is the same.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    compared to every other landmark in the festival, it is certainly the closest. It's not saying it's a good view to the stage, it's merely a point of location.

There is a beer garden adjacent to the Sahara. Could you actually watch an act from there? No, but it's a very short walk.

The VIP area is the same.
    so i shouldn't expect to watch the show from the VIP area? you can't even see the stage? fingers crossed: you say i can. it would be nice and would convince me to shell out the cash i guess.

and since it seems they're making some big changes (i.e. the parking, etc.), they would accommodate a bit more for this and make this an attractive purchase.

i declared my "going up front days" over, and started my "staying by the bar days" a couple years back. i mean, this is primarily an indie show too, right? i'd rather chill, drink, sway back and forth to my favourites while sucking down a whiskey then having some sweaty dudicals drench me. i've gotten to shoot the shit with some really cool people while at the bar during so many shows and can actually hear convo. it'd be fun to continue that during bands like pavement and grizzly bear.

only band i'd go up front for is dillinger really to get into it. otherwise, everything seems chill and fun. (maybe rx, atal, and sunny day too). i'm not even interested in the big font headliners posted on the flyer really.

Quote Originally Posted by derekyoung View Post
    so i shouldn't expect to watch the show from the VIP area?
    There are 5 stages. The VIP area is only near the main stage. so no, you shouldn't expect that and its not even advertised.

they're not doing one next to the sahara this year?

You can only see the main stage. The one by the Sahara was weird, just a bar with a fence around it. You could kinda see the stage.

I'll never understand people that spend this kind of money on a music festival and spend the entire time in VIP sitting on their asses on couches.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

i've gotten to shoot the shit with some really cool people while at the bar during so many shows and can actually hear convo. it'd be fun to continue that during bands like pavement and grizzly bear.

only band i'd go up front for is dillinger really to get into it. otherwise, everything seems chill and fun. (maybe rx, atal, and sunny day too). i'm not even interested in the big font headliners posted on the flyer really.
    Awesome. Do us all a favor and talk all night long during the greatest acts in the world at the VIP bar. I mean, why listen and enjoy just the music when you can talk over it all for well over $300.

Please, stay away from any of the stages while artists are performing.

A lot of people actually attend this fest to watch and listen to the artist and many will be pissed if you insist on running your mouth, especially during say a quiet and beautiful Grizzly Bear set but none of us should be bothered at all if you do this all in the VIP section or at one of the bars.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'll never understand people that spend this kind of money on a music festival and spend the entire time in VIP sitting on their asses on couches.
    but...but what about the sweaty dudicals? Don't they ruin your festival experience? The music is only there for background to get your drink on and get some chicks digits. Duh.

so i shouldn't expect to watch the show from the VIP area? you can't even see the stage? fingers crossed: you say i can. it would be nice and would convince me to shell out the cash i guess.

and since it seems they're making some big changes (i.e. the parking, etc.), they would accommodate a bit more for this and make this an attractive purchase.

i declared my "going up front days" over, and started my "staying by the bar days" a couple years back. i mean, this is primarily an indie show too, right? i'd rather chill, drink, sway back and forth to my favourites while sucking down a whiskey then having some sweaty dudicals drench me. i've gotten to shoot the shit with some really cool people while at the bar during so many shows and can actually hear convo. it'd be fun to continue that during bands like pavement and grizzly bear.

yeah - please stay far away from coachella
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

the vip area gets really obnoxious at night...really bad.

relax - you are missing my point, exaggerating too much, and assuming i'm not respectful. i'm in brooklyn all the time... nevermind, my inquiries are directed at the wrong audience. i'll talk to the event coordinators.

@juststeve: thank you, this is helpful information. i'd hate to have a transplanted from nyc toolbag scene. i'm escaping nyc to go to this festival and get away from all of that. i thought this would be more of an artsy fartsy/hipster gig, everybody's chill kind of thing cuz of all the indie - weird.

(last post - thanks to all for your help)

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    the vip area gets really obnoxious at night...really bad.
    I agree.

Really really really (thats 3 reallys) bad.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

@juststeve: thank you, this is helpful information. i'd hate to have a transplanted from nyc toolbag scene. i'm escaping nyc to go to this festival and get away from all of that. i thought this would be more of an artsy fartsy/hipster gig, everybody's chill kind of thing cuz of all the indie - weird.
    the fest is only a couple hours outside of l.a. it ain't much different than going to a nightclub once the sun goes down, vapid girls in high heels and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    the fest is only a couple hours outside of l.a. it ain't much different than going to a nightclub once the sun goes down, vapid girls in high heels and so on...
    ^^^Ditto ^^^
    VIP is convenient during the day for shade, food, relaxation, restrooms, very easy access to drinks. Once the sun starts to go down - the lines grow, douchebags & douchebagettes start cutting in the drink line like they are special, even impromptu paparazzi photo sessions...its a lame scene after dark. Wasn't able to figure out a way to avoid it while still enjoying the benefits of VIP last year. But if you're hanging in VIP all night, you are missing the best part of Coachella. Get out- get dancing - you become glad that all those people stay in VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by sfguy2010 View Post
    Also what does the VIP ticket get you?

Thanks.

Nothing special...

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    I don't know how you keep your cool PF. I'd be going wacko-frisbee if I were you.
    PF rides in the van.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Last years VIP was a big disappointment compared to the year before, when you had to get lucky for a VIP pass. 2008 VIP got right up to the stage in a secured area for both the Sahara and main stage. And the bar at the Sahara tent was right next to the stage.

Last year they sold tons of tickets, that left you with no seating in the VIP near the Sahara tent and both VIP had crappy views of the area they were close to. All the Hotties in the world will not make up for not being right next to the stage for VIP.

I'm saving my money till I find out if they changed it back and VIP gets you better show access. Drinking good liquor doesn't improve a good show you can't see!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    Last years VIP was a big disappointment compared to the year before, when you had to get lucky for a VIP pass. 2008 VIP got right up to the stage in a secured area for both the Sahara and main stage. And the bar at the Sahara tent was right next to the stage.

Last year they sold tons of tickets, that left you with no seating in the VIP near the Sahara tent and both VIP had crappy views of the area they were close to. All the Hotties in the world will not make up for not being right next to the stage for VIP.

I'm saving my money till I find out if they changed it back and VIP gets you better show access. Drinking good liquor doesn't improve a good show you can't see!
    what are you talking about, you're full of shit...vip has gotten you nothing like that in regards to front of stage access.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-22-2010 at 04:42 PM.

i was thinking the same thing steve

Totally in agreement with the douchey late night atmosphere. But the convenience factor is true as well. Whatever you choose, hope you enjoy the festival.