Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

Default Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

That's what my program is all about. Bringing offensiveness back to fundraising.

Default Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

I will give $20 to cancer for every turd you eat at coachella, patrick.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Viva cancer!

Seriously. I'm going to start a website asking people to donate money for every time I post on this board. Are you guys going to donate? Why not? Don't you want to fight cancer? Hmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

If you make us some salad dressing in the process
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

you should totally do it & keep a link in your signature. then you can tell people you're posting for the cure whenever they give you lip. brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Testicular Cancer.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

well technically, i have more of a right to be there than you. you still have your balls

If I volunteered to post one nice thing for every dollar donated I would still be doing more for those who donate than this asshole and his bicycle.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I always feel like these things have very little oversight and you never quite know where the money is actually going. And Tom is definitely right - research funding is structured a certain way for a reason, and riding some stupid bike isn't going to help a lab out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by keely View Post
    baking cookies, and making pottery costs money. RIDING A BIKE DOES NOT. therefore, a marathon, cycling or running, is a much more effective way to raise money for a cause.
    how is it more effective? as the person donating, i'd much rather have some pottery you made or a cookie to eat than the warm & fuzzy mental image of you riding a bicycle. so while it's more effective for you, it's less effective for me, the person with the money you're trying to get out of me.

baking cookies, and making pottery costs money. RIDING A BIKE DOES NOT. therefore, a marathon, cycling or running, is a much more effective way to raise money for a cause.
    you didn't read the whole thread did you.

Are bicycles free now? You seem to confuse "preferable" with "effective." How much money is he going to spend training for this bike ride that could be donated directly to cancer? He's going to pay for shit his bike, he's going to purchase water and Cliff bars, etc. I fail to see how him coming up with money out of his own pocket to purchase milk and eggs and flour to make cookies is in any way less effective. All it means is that he's actually contributing something he receives no benefit from.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Anyone ever smoke a chemo dipped ciggie?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

ha ha ha ha, fatbastard. no, but i remember my grandpa illegally smoked pot when he was going through chemo.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I always feel like these things have very little oversight and you never quite know where the money is actually going. And Tom is definitely right - research funding is structured a certain way for a reason, and riding some stupid bike isn't going to help a lab out.
    I have this sense -- can't support with facts, sorry -- that the only thing that Fundraising for Cancer (or whatever) Research does is support the professional fundraisers. in 2008 the CEO of the American Cancer Society made over $1 million in salary.

I'm going to smoke cigarettes to fight cancer. I ask that you donate one dollar for every cigarette I smoke. If you can provide any reason whatsoever why my charity is any more useful to either the donors or the charity than this guy riding his bike, I will donate 10,000 dollars out of my own pocket.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

old school

Obese.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I have this sense -- can't support with facts, sorry -- that the only thing that Fundraising for Cancer (or whatever) Research does is support the professional fundraisers. in 2008 the CEO of the American Cancer Society made over $1 million in salary.
    Right, that's my main problem. Charity is a profitable business but it really doesn't accomplish much.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I mean, come on. Most charities focus on "awareness," but who the hell isn't already aware of most of these problems?

old school

Never forget the lance armstrong bracelet.

Awareness is code for 'more fundraising'.

Cancer? I barely even know her!

My new thing with those bracelets is to snap it and then say HEY LANCE ARMSTRONG: EAT A DICK! I did this to my brother and it was immensely satisfying.

old school

I use my lance amrstrong bracelet as a cock ring.

Pendejo

I do tons of races and train regularly and hate how the Team and Training people put themselves on a moral high ground at events because they are doing it for a good cause and someone like me who does it as a hobby is wrong or evil. Whatever, they are usually one hit wonders and place in the bottom half of races regularly.

Seriously. I'm going to start a website asking people to donate money for every time I post on this board. Are you guys going to donate? Why not? Don't you want to fight cancer? Hmm?
    I'm going to smoke cigarettes to fight cancer. I ask that you donate one dollar for every cigarette I smoke. If you can provide any reason whatsoever why my charity is any more useful to either the donors or the charity than this guy riding his bike, I will donate 10,000 dollars out of my own pocket.
    Why do you set up a cancer fundraiser with Devin the midget for this Coachella? kill two birds with one stone. Launch a midget and cure cancer at the same time.

I wonder if that bike ride has cured cancer yet.

old school

LIVE STRONG.