Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

I am on a quest to end the big bad dreaded C after Cancer struck close to home in 2008. No one ever wants to hear the phone call informing you a loved one was just diagnosed.

In hopes of preventing those phone calls from occurring one day in the future for other families, I've signed up with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training to raise awareness and funds to research cancers as well as provide patient care and support to those currently in the fight.

Simply put, I am the messenger raising funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for a larger cause that most likely, unfortunately has affected someone we each know. Save a life... honor a friend or family member who is fighting Cancer.. make a donation! (100% deductible on your taxes)

go here to find out more information on the mission and how you can help! :http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/ambbr10/eriktrevino

Become a fan on Facebook: http://bit.ly/cX9Ses

Default Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

Go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

i'm all for curing cancer. but how will bike riding cure cancer? can't people instead just give money directly to the cause?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

A coworker was just diagnosed with Lymphoma. Last Wednesday he was fine and then Thursday morning he was in the hospital.

Sad

The people doing the ride collect donations. Same thing as Race for the Cure.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    The people doing the ride collect donations. Same thing as Race for the Cure.
    i also don't understand how running cures cancer. i would instead think one of the first steps to finding a cure for cancer is to cut out all the middle men from the transaction and just give money directly to cancer research foundations.

and i've not only known people who have have died from cancer, but have had my own personal scare as well so it's not like i am not sympathetic to the cause.

Smile Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i also don't understand how running cures cancer. i would instead think one of the first steps to finding a cure for cancer is to cut out all the middle men from the transaction and just give money directly to cancer research foundations.

and i've not only known people who have have died from cancer, but have had my own personal scare as well so it's not like i am not sympathetic to the cause.
    Have you donated directly then? Here is a direct link to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Put your money where your mouth is and donate directly.

Quote Originally Posted by erikua View Post
    Have you donated directly then? Here is a direct link to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Put your money where your mouth is and donate directly.
    put your money where your asshole is. i guess if biking riding doesn't cure cancer, bullying people into donating will

put your money where your asshole is. i guess if biking riding doesn't cure cancer, bullying people into donating will
    Just saying....

Maybe instead of riding a bike you should become a fucking scientist.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'm ashamed to say that was actually pretty funny. Good cause, though.

Perhaps..... but funds are still needed for those scientist. Hope you never get bit by the cancer bug or loose a child, mom, brother, sister, father to cancer. Good luck with that Karma.

As for how riding a bike cures cancer (or running a marathon, race for the cure, etc), well it gets the message out. Someone may donate when someone ask them to donate rather then just log into www.lls.org and donate directly which you still can. So regardless how you donate, just donate what ya can. It's a horrible illness as I have witnessed first hand. I truly hope no one here has to go through that...

what a waste to society you are.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    what a waste to society you are.
    i know, right? if only monklish would bike ride for a useful cause!

You guys are being assholes. He's just trying to raise money for a good cause. I say we all go jump on that dumbass that is trying to raise money for a trip to Coachella.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...send+coachella
    Last edited by captncrzy; 03-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You guys are being assholes. He's just trying to raise money for a good cause. I say we all go jump on that dumbass that is trying to raise money for a trip to Coachella.
    is that guy using cancer as an excuse too?

i am just sick of all the advertising and marketing behind specific diseses. and i'm really sick of hearing about these runs and bike rides. i'm sick of people at work making me feel guilty for not giving them money or participating. you know what? if i want to go hiking or go bike riding, i call my friends and do it on my own dime. i don't need a shitty tee-shirt funded by people's donations to do it. if i am feeling altrustic, lonely for my grandpa, i shoot $10 to a cancer foundation and i'm done with it. then ALL that money goes directly to the cause rather than a percentage going to tee-shirts and water bottles.

i think it's extremely strange to come onto a message board of people you don't interact with regularly and ask them to send money directly to your home address.

Smile Re: Cancer Sucks! Coachella Boardie on a mission to do my part to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...send+coachella

Wow! Seriously? Some one is asking for funds to go to Coachella yet I'm being hounded for this like I unplugged the power in the Sahara Saturday night?!?!?!? It's ok.. the cause is larger than any words exchanged on here.

Quote Originally Posted by erikua View Post
    Wow! Seriously? Some one is asking for funds to go to Coachella yet I'm being hounded for this like I unplugged the power in the Sahara Saturday night?!?!?!? It's ok.. the cause is larger than any words exchanged on here.
    Some of these people are too far above that thought process. They believe they're invincible or something...That is until they're laid up in a hospital with some bloood clot or soemthing. Then their tune changes. Doesn't it, Randy?

i know, right? if only monklish would bike ride for a useful cause!
    As long as he does the ride smack in the middle of a busy freeway, I'm all for it.

How hard is it for any of you bitching about this to just say, "I'm sorry, but I can't donate right now?" No, instead, you'd rather instigate another lame- assed attack on somebody making a kind gesture. If that's what it takes to make you guys feel better about yourselves, we'll remember that for when you may need a cure for yoiur Cancer or healthcare in the future. Fuck.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I got to this post and I've given up already. What's the reason to debate you about awareness rallies/fundraisers/walk-a-thon/bikeride/bakesale/marathons anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Or a cancer statistic.

old school

you are fat.

i have donated in the past. several times. i don't know why you expect with only a 100 posts in two years on this board we are all going to be comfortable sending checks directly to you to go bike riding. if you want to bike ride, fine. if you want to find a cure for cancer, get involved in the research past the collecting other people's money part.

i have donated in the past. several times. i don't know why you expect with only a 100 posts in two years on this board we are all going to be comfortable sending checks directly to you to go bike riding.
    No where did I ask you for or provide an address to mail me a check. Only a weblink to a donation page run by LLS.

Better yet--how about you raise money by actually doing something PRODUCTIVE instead of just some pointless bullshit run? Like sell something. Bake some fucking cookies or make some fucking crafts or donate your services--whatever it is you actually do that contributes to society in some way--to people in exchange for donations. That's actually doing something good for a cause. What you're doing is basically just asking people to donate money to give you an excuse to run a pussy marathon.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Better yet--how about you raise money by actually doing something PRODUCTIVE instead of just some pointless bullshit run? Like sell something. Bake some fucking cookies or make some fucking crafts or donate your services--whatever it is you actually do that contributes to society in some way--to people in exchange for donations. That's actually doing something good for a cause. What you're doing is basically just asking people to donate money to give you an excuse to run a pussy marathon.
    Right...baking cookies and making pottery is so much more productive than running....

I can tell the marathon concept is just wayy over your head. Don't worry. It's Ok
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Right...baking cookies and making pottery is so much more productive than running....
    Yes, it is. Because then you can say, "Hey guys, wanna buy these cookies for a dollar? Here is something in exchange for your money. You are actually receiving something enjoyable as a proceed AND your consumerism is going to a good cause. Unlike donating via a marathon, wherein you get absolutely nothing whatsoever for your money and the only person who possibly receives any joy from the process is the asshole running and claiming he's doing it for a good cause at your expense."

Effective charity is not asking people to donate just because.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Yes, it is. Because then you can say, "Hey guys, wanna buy these cookies for a dollar? Here is something in exchange for your money. You are actually receiving something enjoyable as a proceed AND your consumerism is going to a good cause. Unlike donating via a marathon, wherein you get absolutely nothing whatsoever for your money and the only person who possibly receives any joy from the process is the asshole running and claiming he's doing it for a good cause at your expense."

Effective charity is not asking people to donate just because.
    mm yes randy. for people like you...you need insentives like....cookies, to donate to a cancer fund.. cause lord knows no one ever get a sense of satisfaction and or a good feeling for donating whatever amount to a good cause Jackass

mm yes randy. for people like you...you need insentives like....cookies, to donate to a cancer fund.. cause lord knows no one ever get a sense of satisfaction and or a good feeling for donating whatever amount to a good cause Jackass
    My point is that it's rude to people to put them in the position. If you don't donate, then you look/feel like an asshole. But why should someone be putting you on the spot to fork up some money on this ridiculous flimsy premise? Why the fuck should I care that he's riding a bike? What he's doing does absolutely nothing for nobody. Why not kill two birds with one stone and actually do something productive while raising money?

Donating money in exchange for nothing is certainly a kind gesture. What's not kind is asking people to donate for nothing when you COULD be doing something. Doing these races is just an easy way to try to guilt a bunch of people into all coughing up dough for what's little more than a half a day's work that benefits no one. If you really want to raise some fucking money, go out and donate your services, something you actually SHOULD be paid for and are forsaking payment in the name of your devotion. Go fucking lay bricks for six hours every Saturday and toss that over to cancer.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Banned

It pretty much is, by fucking definition. See, when you bake cookies, you are PRODUCING COOKIES. Whereas, when you're running, you're not producing anything.

run a pussy marathon.
    Not a marathon... it's a century cycle race. Regardless... doubt you could complete or even train for either.