Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Done Coachella on Crutches/Wheelchair

Default Re: Has Anyone Done Coachella on Crutches/Wheelchair

I'm pretty sure they do. I don't know about at Coachella, but I'm sure you could find one close by.

Here's one, just did a quick search. Guess it is a service provided. You could possibly find one near you as well.
    http://www.scootaround.com/rentals/r...onventions.htm

Man, like I don't feel old enough. Next I will be getting that "I have fallen and I can't get up" buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

My buddy did in 2004. 113 degrees. hiked from main to sahara about 12 times without complaining once. we decided to cool him off in the mojave.

The Outdoor ramp.

The view.

The Access Center you will have to visit at least once. It was by the lockers.

i have encountered plenty of people in wheelchairs and crutches. All seemed pretty happy. Their friends didn't appear too grumpy either.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Whatever you decide I hope your recovery is smooth and speedy.

You know you can count on me for a push shift.

Need a guy or gal to carry you round. Would be one of the most romantic things I've ever seen. Talking closely into each others ears.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

For the record, I'd party my ass off in a wheelchair. I'm talking middle of the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    For the record, I'd party my ass off in a wheelchair. I'm talking middle of the Sahara.
    0:30

Thank you Ivankay, those photos made me even more excited, I love the guy in the wheelbarrow. Awesome.

Boarderwoozel, I plan on PLUR'ing my wheelchair up, even getting some glow, I will be spinning circles in the Sahara at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    Need a guy or gal to carry you round. Would be one of the most romantic things I've ever seen. Talking closely into each others ears.
    This made me giggle, I am not a skinny girl, there is no romance in a broken back.

Audra, what the hell? How did you fall?

Make sure you bring all your pain meds. You could probably pay for the entire weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

LOL... ok, first let me start by saying, I WAS NOT THAT DRUNK!!! I was out celebrating my birthday, I had a pretty good buzz but was not trashed. I had even stopped drinking. We were leaving and I caught my foot on the curb only half way, my ankle rolled and I went down landing on my leg. We have decided that Nick's ex put a curse on me and I need to have a psychic cleanse my aura or something.

For now I only have percoset 5's which from what I hear aren't that great. So I doubt I could get much out of them. But maybe after surgery I will get something better.

GPS... You make me smile.

I should've added this to your birthday greeting:

May the upcoming year be injury-free, illness-free, catastrophe-free, and may you and all you love know nothing but happiness, contentment and togetherness.

That should cover it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    LOL... ok, first let me start by saying, I WAS NOT THAT DRUNK!!!
    This made tea blow out of my nose.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    This made tea blow out of my nose.
    I am hoping it wasn't hot tea.

Not knowing the break or anything, I bet in a month you will be zipping around your house without crutches at all. At the show I think you will just need crutches. In the back of your mind though, always remember (esp at night) there will be a lot of drunk people there and they won't give a shit if you are on crutches or not. Tygerlady and myself went to a Korn and Limp Bizkit show and before it was over we were back stage with the medical team. You might want to think of this just for fun Tell all the strangers you meet a great story of how you broke your ankle. Something like doing a black run on your board and crashing at 30 mph. Have all kind of details on how it happened and then with their eyes wide open say, naw not really, I was just drunk and fell down hahhahahah
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

LOL Ron, I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    I should've added this to your birthday greeting:

May the upcoming year be injury-free, illness-free, catastrophe-free, and may you and all you love know nothing but happiness, contentment and togetherness.

That should cover it.
    Thank you HTD.

You can still come to the gay orgy.

You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    OK boys and girls, my sister decided to buy me a Coachella ticket for my birthday, the day after I found this out I fell and broke my leg in two places and ruptured a ligament. I am suppose to have surgery Thursday to get pins and a band, the doc says it is a 6 week recovery after surgery. With only 4 weeks of time from surgery to Coachella I am now trying to decide if I want to go anyway. If I do go I will probably rent a wheelchair and get temporary handicap pass. But I will probably alternate in between the wheelchair and crutches as I don't really want to have to ruin other peoples time by having to push me around.

Have any of you ever done Coachella on crutches or in a wheelchair? What was your experience like? Will I be miserable? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
    coachella works great for people in wheelchairs. you get to go straight to the front of the lines, you can easily sneak in all the drugz you want, and people will automatically move out of the way for you. like if you are all the way in front of the stage and want to leave, i swear it's like the parting of the red sea.

it only sucks for those who have to push the handicapped person in the wheelchair.

A scooter would be the best way to go, but recharging it might take some preplanning, I'd ask Coachella via email first about that.

Learn how to use the crutches (the tripod method is best) and bring them even if you have a walking cast. Wheelchair has been covered pretty thoroughly here, keep those wheels pumped up! Pimp that ride!

Car camping sounds like it might be more of a hassle, but honestly, with the ins and outs, it would likely be better than having to leave the grounds to go back to a hotel if you need a break. Get an air mattress and bring extra pillows for propping your leg up...

Elevation, Elevation, Elevation. Whenever you can, find a way to get the leg above your heart. Wheelchairs just don't do that. Lay on the grass and prop the leg up when you can. Bring a pillow on the wheelchair for sitting on while riding, and propping up when laying down.

Save some of those percocets. You probably won't need them by the time the festival comes around, but popping one or two a day during will help tremendously, and heck, its not a bad high. Just keep the alcohol consumption reasonable with them.

In Arizona, you need to go to DMV for the handicap placard. Explain to your doctor why you need it and he should be able to get you a 6 month temporary one. The good thing is that you generally can get the people at the sign in desk to do this for you. None of that take a number and figuring out which of the 19 different lines you have to wait for. My last renewal took less than 15 minutes and the place was packed.

Hang with a bunch of people, and they'll be fighting to push you around in the wheelchair (at least for limited periods, 15 - 30 minutes at a clip).
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    A scooter would be the best way to go, but recharging it might take some preplanning, I'd ask Coachella via email first about that.

Learn how to use the crutches (the tripod method is best) and bring them even if you have a walking cast. Wheelchair has been covered pretty thoroughly here, keep those wheels pumped up! Pimp that ride!

Car camping sounds like it might be more of a hassle, but honestly, with the ins and outs, it would likely be better than having to leave the grounds to go back to a hotel if you need a break. Get an air mattress and bring extra pillows for propping your leg up...

Elevation, Elevation, Elevation. Whenever you can, find a way to get the leg above your heart. Wheelchairs just don't do that. Lay on the grass and prop the leg up when you can. Bring a pillow on the wheelchair for sitting on while riding, and propping up when laying down.

Save some of those percocets. You probably won't need them by the time the festival comes around, but popping one or two a day during will help tremendously, and heck, its not a bad high. Just keep the alcohol consumption reasonable with them.

In Arizona, you need to go to DMV for the handicap placard. Explain to your doctor why you need it and he should be able to get you a 6 month temporary one. The good thing is that you generally can get the people at the sign in desk to do this for you. None of that take a number and figuring out which of the 19 different lines you have to wait for. My last renewal took less than 15 minutes and the place was packed.

Hang with a bunch of people, and they'll be fighting to push you around in the wheelchair (at least for limited periods, 15 - 30 minutes at a clip).

Thank you so much. That was very helpful. I am really excited now. I will be going, I just got a visit from one of my really good coachella friends (thank you MikeyMatador) and I am even more excited about it now.

I drive a honda element, I can turn the entire inside into a bed. With or without an air mattress it will work great. I love the idea about bringing a pillow and laying in the grass to elevate. I am mentally packing right now, bicycle tire pump, blanket, pillows, bungy cords to strap it all to the back of my wheelchair.

I am also planning on spending the days in the shade in the beer tents, on my pimped out wheelchair in the shade. My friends can stop by and drink beers with me between shows, then push me to the big nightime shows I want to see. I will repay them with a blunt or five.

HERE'S TO THE BEST COACHELLA SO FAR!!! (although it will be tough to beat out the first with Prince)

so you're not gonna actually listen to like, music?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

lol Tom, I listen to a lot of music, just different music than you all listen to. But there are a few shows I am really looking forward to. I am mostly looking forward to hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world.

no I mean at Coachella. in April. are you not going to listen to actual music? are you just gonna hang in the beer tents all day? cuz that's hardcore. which beer tent will you hang out in? cuz I go there a lot but I do like music (coachella music) too.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I will be going to see the later shows, unless there is something I really want to see during the day which I don't see happening since most of what I want to see is in the big letters.

I was thinking I would hang out at the beer area by the main stage, I am hoping I can find a shady area over by the fence so I can see/hear whatever is going on over there. Or maybe I will get a pretty pink parasol in case I can't find shade... ok not pink. Then while all my music loving friends hop stages they can stop by to see me.

do you mean the one between the main stage and the outdoor stage, or the one to the left as you are facing the main stage?