Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1307

Thread: San Diego Shows

Default Re: San Diego Shows

Anyone hitting Holograms tonight at the soda bar? I think I'm gonna swing over there and catch their set tonight.

Anyone going to Amon Tobin on Thursday. It's my first show at the HoB down there, any general tips for parking/eating in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Anyone going to Amon Tobin on Thursday. It's my first show at the HoB down there, any general tips for parking/eating in that area?
    I'll be there. All street parking is free after six, about a block north of HoB there is a pay lot, but you should be able to find some street parking in that area. There are tons of food options within walking distance. I usually just go to Horton Plaza, about a block south and grab something quick to eat. Also, make sure you go to the right entrance. The entrance to get to the concert venue is on 6th Avenue while the entrance to the restaurant is on 5th.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks it's going to be a tight squeeze to fit the entire ISAM Live setup on the stage there? The stage isn't that big and the ISAM setup is quite large if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    I'll be there. All street parking is free after six, about a block north of HoB there is a pay lot, but you should be able to find some street parking in that area. There are tons of food options within walking distance. I usually just go to Horton Plaza, about a block south and grab something quick to eat. Also, make sure you go to the right entrance. The entrance to get to the concert venue is on 6th Avenue while the entrance to the restaurant is on 5th.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks it's going to be a tight squeeze to fit the entire ISAM Live setup on the stage there? The stage isn't that big and the ISAM setup is quite large if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for the tips. The 2.0 set up is supposed to be bigger than the coachella set up, so without knowing the size of the stage, I'm gonna have to guess that it will pretty much be a tight squeeze for most of the places they have booked for the tour.

Wow fucking incredible set at Amon Tobin. Was the second half all new stuff? I didn't recognize it at all from his previous albums.

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    Wow fucking incredible set at Amon Tobin. Was the second half all new stuff? I didn't recognize it at all from his previous albums.
    Agreed. 2.0 is so much better in my opinion.

I also really liked the kid who opened for Amon, Holy Other. I don't think he looked at the crowd once though
    Last edited by Mike Litoris; 09-28-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Agreed, it was a very enjoyable set. Atleast one song from the second half has from his earlier Two Finger release. But damn, I'm excited to listen to the limited release Album of his i picked up last night.

Crowd was terrible where i was standing. A couple tall "bros" came 10 minutes in and stood right in front of us, openly talking about how they didn't even know who was on stage.

The stage setup was definitely scaled down, but it didnt bother me too much. Overall, had a great time.

Ok yeah it was a lot of Two Fingers. This ---http://soundcloud.com/bigdadasound/two-fingers-razoback Was amazing. HOB sucks so much though. I missed the opener because of their stupidity of only opening one door. I have never seen a line around the corner there. I agree on the crowd not very good but still had a great time overall.

Ok yeah it was a lot of Two Fingers. This ---http://soundcloud.com/bigdadasound/two-fingers-razoback Was amazing. HOB sucks so much though. I missed the opener because of their stupidity of only opening one door. I have never seen a line around the corner there. I agree on the crowd not very good but still had a great time overall.
    This was my first time there and thought it was a pretty cool venue. Looking forward to going back. But I did show up at 830 and there was already about 40 people in line. Holy other was indeed a good warm up for tobin. Here's to hoping two fingers make it back to the polo fields cuz I missed their do lab set this year.

Ugh i wish i could make any of the amon tobin 2.0 isam shows
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Anyone going to Gza at the belly up today?

The Wombats were absolutely incredible last night! So much energy! Anyone else get to go?
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Florence on Thursday at cricket... anyone going?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I'm either going to her or the Black Keys, I need to wait on which show my job sends me to. I'm hoping Florence but Black Keys is a meet & greet which would be fucking awesome! Tonight I'm going to Grouplove which is sweet because I missed their set at Coachella and heard they are fantastic live!
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

I am SO excited for Florence. I thought she was amazing last year. I know I am bias, being she is a favorite of mine, but still. I am also really excited because my wonderful fiance got me great tickets in the 103 section!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I'll be there, should be fun. Really enjoyed the first coupl minutes of her coachella set before running to snoop and dre

Really wish I was going to Florence, especially since The Weeknd is opening but my coworker got me tix to Black Keys and I can't turn em down.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    I'll be there, should be fun. Really enjoyed the first coupl minutes of her coachella set before running to snoop and dre
    well if you see a 6'4 girl with a Filipino guy come say hi!

well, last night was amazing IMO! What did you guys think? I thought that her stage presence and energy was unreal. I remember loving her at coachella but last night blew me away.

My boyfriend took video of it. If you guys want to see let me know, I can upload it later

Yea last night was great, the weeknd was great, he's really come into his own since his underwhelming coachella performance. Florence was incredible, that lady can sing, we bought tickets n the 300 section, but security was there handing out pit passes because "Florence wanted the pit to be full" so that was awesome we ended up right up front for the end of the weeknd and all of flo. Her stage presence and crowd interaction was cool. The Macabees sound like radio head and arcade fire had a baby.

Got tix to see Dan Deacon at the Irenic. Anyone know anything about this venue? It's all ages, so no alcohol, eh?

they've got beer/wine in the courtyard. venue is fucking awesome.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Cool. Any info on the beer selection? Local brews or BudweiserMillerCoors?

Saw the XX last night and was a little underwhelmed. I mean, they sounded great, and they looked great but it was just...kind of boring. I have tickets to the Smashing Pumpkins this Saturday, Crystal Castles, The Sheepdogs, Two Door Cinema Club, Social Distortion and Gary Clark Jr. in LA so I'm good to go for awhilllleeee.

I'm thinking about going to Japandroids at Porter's Pub anyone else going?
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I'm definitely thinking about it.

91x Wrex The Halls

Presale is going on now. Password is 91X

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    91x Wrex The Halls

Presale is going on now. Password is 91X
    Yes! I am ecstatic about this show! I'm lucky enough to have an internship here and was blown away by the bands!

In other news, did anyone catch The Sheepdogs at Coachella? If so they're playing tomorrow at the Casbah! It'll be my first time at the venue but I couldn't ask for a better band!

So does anyone happen to have an extra ticket for Two Door Cinema Club? The person who was in charge of buying tickets decided to forget about me, and now I'm shit outta luck for the moment.

Anybody go see Crystal Castles at Soma on Sunday? Amazing time!