Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1307

Thread: San Diego Shows

Default Re: San Diego Shows

Quote Originally Posted by cash881 View Post
    Soma is definitely the best venue to drive yourself to because of all the Sports Arena parking, I would much rather have my mom drive me to somewhere downtown where it is impossible to find a parking spot.
    Puhhhlease, parking in San Diego (even Gaslamp area) is a piece of cake compared to most other downtown areas in virtually any other city. Like....really...

When one of the few positive aspects about a venue is it's parking situation you know there's a problem. Terrible venue but it'd be cool to see The XX or Crystal Castles at a place where there's room to move.

Soma is not that bad. I don't plan on getting blasted seeing the XX no matter what the venue is so alcohol is not a concern. It needed to be an all ages show, not too many options here....

But, you know what is worse than Soma?

Crystal Castles

Some upcoming shows I'll be attending:

08/15 - Heartless Bastards @ Scripps Aquarium
    08/16 - Alabama Shakes @ HOB
    09/08 - The Heavy @ The Casbah
    10/03 - Grouplove @ Humphreys

PS. Soma sucks balls.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Kendrick Lamar at SOMA October 10th.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

I saw that...I thought Soma didn't do hip hop?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I saw that...I thought Soma didn't do hip hop?
    this is just the beginning...i'll keep you guys posted on upcoming shows when i get them confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    this is just the beginning...i'll keep you guys posted on upcoming shows when i get them confirmed.
    Sick.

Totally seeing Kendrick at Soma. Missed him for GIVERS during Coachella and heard he puts on an excellent show. Thanks for the heads up PJ.

Anyone see Cake at the Del Mar Races? Thought they sounded good but they were annoying as fuck. Was pretty disappointed with their 2-3min of bullshit in between each song. Also going to the Alabama Shakes at HoB next Thursday, can't wait!

Weezer announced a show at Harrah's Rincon Casio October 13th. Special gues JJamz (never heard of them), love Weezer though, pretty excited.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

No one is going to Franz Ferdinand on Monday?! I am soo looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by ouh_honey View Post
    No one is going to Franz Ferdinand on Monday?! I am soo looking forward to this
    I really wanted to, but the tickets are kinda up there in price and I have a feeling we might see him at next years Coachella. I bet it's going to be a hell PDA show though...
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

I have a love/hate relationship with soma. I love it because I've been going there since I was a wee little lad, seeing bands like strung out, nofx, etc. Now that I'm old and grumpy, I hate that its a sweatbox, no booze and little kids running around, but I'm sure thats what curmudgeons though about me when I was young and there to smoke pot and watch my favorite punk band. I still bought tickets to M83, because hell, I'd see M83 if they played in a parking lot. Should be a fun show
    Jay Electronica 2011

Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - San Diego Sports Arena - December 3rd

God I wish Soma would just get a liquor lisence already. Nearly every venue in SD has at least one major drawback. I would kill for a Henry Fonda quality venue in SD...
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Anyone see BBC? I thought they were excellent, I'd love it even more to see them in the Gobi at Coachella next year. Also I managed to score tickets to M83 and Beach House through my internship! Pretty excited to see M83 as I had a terrible spot at Chella and could barely hear them.

Seen a show at that new-ish Irenic venue? Converted church run by Christians serving beer and wine and all shows are over by 10pm. Is there a two drink maximum?

Thinking about seeing Ariel Pink there. New album is incredible, better than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Seen a show at that new-ish Irenic venue? Converted church run by Christians serving beer and wine and all shows are over by 10pm. Is there a two drink maximum?

Thinking about seeing Ariel Pink there. New album is incredible, better than the last one.
    I saw La Sera at the Irenic last spring and the venue was ok. The sound was actually pretty good but it's just so weird milling about in a church drinking beer out of plastic cups. Think they had 2 Ballast Point beers on tap without a drink maximum.

choir-led hymns during intermission. I'm having trouble having sex with her when someone is shoving a communion wafer in my mouth. Etc.

It seems pretty cool though (i.e. a Christian church allowing these types of bands in to play normal gigs on their terms). Most of the time churches have no problem evangelizing outside the home base, but I've never seen one encourage heathen performances in their own building. It's a different story and I applaud their spirit.

I don't know if you've heard 'Wellington Road' by Strangelove, but I could see that song being "approved for church". Or U2 or Jars of Clay or something. Not Kinski's nude bath house battles in Rome. Think I'm going to check it out in support and curiosity.

Strangelove - Wellington Road

God is looking down upon the shivering ones
    Shooting up down on the Wellington Road
    And reaching out for their arms
    But we don't wanna know
    Down on the Wellington Road
    Where all tomorrow's peace of mind
    Is bought and sold
    Oh but he never gives up on you
    Oh no he never gives up on you
    No no he never gives up on you
    Up on you
    Life's a little longer on the Wellington Road
    Grinding teeth down 'til the money goes cold
    We shake our fists at the sky
    'Cos we already know
    Down on the Wellington road
    The only saviours left behind
    Are bought and sold
    Oh but he never does let you go
    Oh no he never does let you go
    Woah and he never gives up on you
    Up on you
    God is looking down upon the shivering ones
    Shooting up down on the Wellington Road
    Reaching down for their hearts
    But we don't wanna know
    Down on the Wellington Road
    Where all tomorrow's peace and love
    Are bought and sold
    Oh but he never does let you go
    No no he never does let you go
    Woah and he never gives up on you
    Up on you
    La la la etc.
    He don't give up on you

the guys running the music stuff at the Irenic are real cool...I almost had Ab-Soul booked there, would have been the perfect venue for him.

Would anyone from the SD area be interested in and FYF ticket for both days for 75 dollars? I just found out I can't make it up there this weekend.

Awesome M83 show last night! Anyone else get to see it?

I'm headed down to Soda Bar tonight for Superhumanoids. Any spots nearby (walking distance) i should check out for food/drinks beforehand?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

TIGER!TIGER! is probably the closest thing worth checking out. It has a great craft beer selection and good eats, although its about a mile away... Soda Bar isn't exactly situated in the best area of town. But if you head to North Park about a two minute drive there is an abundance of good food/drink options.

Ended up at City Delicatessan at the boyfriend's insistance. He's nothing if not a creature of habit. I swear we can go anywhere near San Diego without eating there.

For breakfast the next morning, we ate at Cafe on Park. He had Turkey hash (not really hash since they were turkey chunks, but still tasted great) and I had chorizo with giant slices of jalapeno. I wanted to get the Captain Crunch pancake but was afraid it would be too sweet and i'd be bouncing off the walls on the drive home.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    I'm headed down to Soda Bar tonight for Superhumanoids. Any spots nearby (walking distance) i should check out for food/drinks beforehand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwilliamson30 View Post
    TIGER!TIGER! is probably the closest thing worth checking out. It has a great craft beer selection and good eats, although its about a mile away... Soda Bar isn't exactly situated in the best area of town. But if you head to North Park about a two minute drive there is an abundance of good food/drink options.
    Hahaha, when we were in town last week we walked from Tiger! Tiger! to Soda Bar for the Trust show. It looked like there was another cool spot on the walk from TT to SB called Eleven but we didn't have time to stop. We took a taxi back to the place where we were staying and the cab driver was saying the area where Soda Bar is located was pretty bad and was kind of shocked we walked over to SB.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Has anyone been to The Kava Lounge? I'm going there tonight to see Octopus Nebula

Got tickets to the kendrick Lamar show, anyone else going?

Love Kava. A lot of real good artists go by there and the owner and the staff are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    Got tickets to the kendrick Lamar show, anyone else going?
    i'm working with SOMA now so i'll be there for sure