Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 394041424344
Results 1,291 to 1,319 of 1319

Thread: San Diego Shows

Default Re: San Diego Shows

Flying Lotus was recently added as a headliner for a show this Friday at the Casbah.

$16 Arcade Fire tickets on Groupon

Nice. Yay for slow ticket sales!

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    $16 Arcade Fire tickets on Groupon
    Holy shite!

Why not?
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

If any of you people go to the Hold Steady at the Belly Up tomorrow err Thursday night and see a fat middle -aged guy in a cardinals jersey, be sure to say hi.
    Last edited by TomAz; 07-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Anybody happen to have an extra for Jagwar Ma? Looking for 1 more. Thanks

I have 2 tickets for NIN and Soundgarden. I won't be able to make it to the show, so if anyone if interested in these 2 tickets let me know.

Section 201, Row D. I paid $74.50 per ticket.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

holy shit drive like jehu is reuniting and playing a free show at the balboa park organ pavilion on aug 31

OK, so how does this whole password thing work for Casbah presents? It's probably not a problem picking up Cut Copy tix on Friday, but the presale this morning at 11, would be nice.

https://thenorthparktheatre.frontgat...t34ymbuuzdqqgh
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    OK, so how does this whole password thing work for Casbah presents? It's probably not a problem picking up Cut Copy tix on Friday, but the presale this morning at 11, would be nice.

https://thenorthparktheatre.frontgat...t34ymbuuzdqqgh
    Whoa! How did I not know about this show? Usually the Casbah will send an email with a presale code to their mailing list, but I don't have an email. I'm also on the North Park Theatre email list and don't have an email with a code from them either. So...hopefully not many tickets will be sold in this mysterious presale

Also, I couldn't respond to your last PM because your box was full. Congrats on the move
    Last edited by crazykittensmile; 08-20-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazykittensmile View Post
    Whoa! How did I not know about this show? Usually the Casbah will send an email with a presale code to their mailing list, but I don't have an email. I'm also on the North Park Theatre email list and don't have an email with a code from them either. So...hopefully not many tickets will be sold in this mysterious presale

Also, I couldn't respond to your last PM because your box was full. Congrats on the move
    Thanks! San Diego is treating us well so far. PMs all clear.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

just got the email:

The North Park Theatre Announces New Shows!
    Limited Newsletter Password Presale Wednesday 11am-Midnight on Thursday
    Cut Copy
    October 31 - password: halloween

how big is the North Park theater? I'm considering a Presets weekend, SD on Friday and LA on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

I haven't been there yet, but that presale is:

Check Yo Ponytail Tour with The Presets, LE1F, Chela, Franki Chan -
    November 14 - password: ponytail

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    how big is the North Park theater? I'm considering a Presets weekend, SD on Friday and LA on Saturday.
    Standing capacity is 1,100 according to their website. Seated is 550, but I believe all the concerts are standing.

Thank you. That's bigger than the El Rey, but smaller than the Fonda (trying to make a mental picture...). Perfect size, hope they are ready for the amount of dancing that's gonna take place for CC and Presets. Wish they toured together again, but they are both too big now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

It's only been re-purposed as a concert venue for the last couple months, here's a write up with some helpful info (really hoping we can pop over to West Coast Tavern for drinks): http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...music-concerts

Anybody happen to have an extra for Cut Copy on Halloween? It sold out much faster than anticipated and I didn't get my boyfriend a ticket when I bought mine in the pre-sale because I am a wiener.

Quote Originally Posted by crazykittensmile View Post
    Anybody happen to have an extra for Cut Copy on Halloween? It sold out much faster than anticipated and I didn't get my boyfriend a ticket when I bought mine in the pre-sale because I am a wiener.
    Uhhhh ... i was able to add one from the purchase page: https://casbah.frontgatetickets.com/...t34ymbuuzdqqgh
    Silly goose

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin77 View Post
    Uhhhh ... i was able to add one from the purchase page: https://casbah.frontgatetickets.com/...t34ymbuuzdqqgh
    Silly goose
    Yeah they opened up more I guess? I got one earlier today, thanks

I'm not crazy, it totally has said Sold Out on that page for at least a week before today!

I bought tickets to see Temples at the Belly Up in Solana Beach on (9/27) and unfortunately I can't make it anymore. Will sell for face to any boardie who wants em and doesn't want to pay the service charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

$10 to see Liars tomorrow night when you enter "superfan" in the code box on the purchase page before 5pm tomorrow.
    https://thenorthparktheatre.frontgat...2gbr3ynh5934za

Seeing anyone other than Liars?

I'd like to also see Cults tomorrow but probably won't. Honestly the setup for this event always confuses me a bit so I put off ticketing up for anything until last minute, I've never purchased a badge and done the whole shebang.

Are you planning to take in any of it? I recommend Parker & The Numberman if you're looking to see something "new"

Seeing Liars tonight

Shit, I totally forgot that Earth was playing tonight. 15 bucks at The Hideout(formerly known as The Void/Bar Eleven/Radio Room/Zombie Lounge/etc). Gonna try to make that if it hasn't sold out by the time I get off work.

I'm also planning on going to see Retox/Cherry Glazer at the Irenic tomorrow, should be a good time.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

So Cake is playing at the Del Mar Racetrack on 11/29, and now they announced that they're playing an additional show at the Belly Up on 11/30. It's pricier due to being a support show for a non-profit.
    If you're at all a fan, I'd highly recommend checking out both gigs. The band doesn't actually write setlists, so each gig is pretty varied, it's a lot of fun to see what they dig out from their catalog.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

What time can I expect Alt J to go on Friaday at SOMA? Ticket sites say 7pm, I assume that is what time doors open. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    What time can I expect Alt J to go on Friaday at SOMA? Ticket sites say 7pm, I assume that is what time doors open. Thanks!
    I haven't been to Soma in ages but I expect them to run tight. Just to play it safe: doors at 7, first band 7:15, Alt-J as early as 8pm. It will probably be more like Alt-J at 9pm but I wouldn't risk it.