Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1294

Thread: San Diego Shows

Default Re: San Diego Shows

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Soda Bar is a dive bar that will get you as close as possible to the acts performing, it's a small stage and you can always say hi before and after the show. I know you can normally meet bands at the merch booth but the tiny bar and lack of a backstage makes it a neat atmosphere to congratulate the bound. The sound is the big drawback of this venue though, the sound can be off some nights and I've seen bands visibly perturbed throughout their set. That and half the crowd might be there just to drink, literally, the cheap admission is more of a cover for some people.
    Yup, great description. While The Casbah is my home away from home for shows in SD, Soda Bar is still a cool venue. The beer selection and prices are way better than The Casbah. The sound is pretty good and you can always find a decent viewing spot. I dig the big area audience left. My only complaint is during the shows that I've been to there this year the crowds have been extremely talky during the sets, especially in the booths and towards the back of the bar. The Lotus Plaza show this Friday should be excellent, can't wait!

Speaking of the Soda Bar, anyone going tonight to see Thomas Kalnoky(Streetlight Manifesto)?

Damn, Beach House @ HOB is already sold out.

ISO 2 tickets, please and thank you

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post
    Yup, great description. While The Casbah is my home away from home for shows in SD, Soda Bar is still a cool venue. The beer selection and prices are way better than The Casbah. The sound is pretty good and you can always find a decent viewing spot. I dig the big area audience left. My only complaint is during the shows that I've been to there this year the crowds have been extremely talky during the sets, especially in the booths and towards the back of the bar. The Lotus Plaza show this Friday should be excellent, can't wait!
    I fuckin' love The Casbah, and based on your description of The Soda Bar, I'm gonna have to check it out.

Hey I have an extra ticket for the show tonight I'll sell for the regular price, PM me if you're interested they're almost sold out apparently

Edit: I mean the Spiritualized show btw
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 05-20-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Isn't the spiritualized show far? like somewhere passed La Jolla?

Well it was last night. And it was in Solana.

Anyone going to Xfest? I know it's pretty much all mediocre bands but I got my tickets almost exclusively for Grouplove (who I missed at Coachella) and Janes Addiction (whom I've never seen but feel they would put on a awesome show).

Other than that I have my tickets for Beach House and The Black Keys in October.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Lee Curtiss is playing a pool party at The LaFayette Hotel in North Park this Sunday. The group promoting it just hinted that there might be some other people from Visionquest down there with him.

RSVP Here to get in for $10.

I went to the last pool party this group put on with Droog and it was a lot of fun.
    Last edited by cash881; 06-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cash881 View Post
    Lee Foss is playing a pool party at The LaFayette Hotel in North Park this Sunday. The group promoting it just hinted that there might be some other people from Visionquest down there with him.

RSVP Here to get in for $10.

I went to the last pool party this group put on with Droog and it was a lot of fun.
    It's so incredibly amusing and well....so San Diego, that a year later they're all over this Visionquest/Soul Clap whatever scene incessantly.

Remember a few short summers ago when all these djs played electro-house?

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    It's so incredibly amusing and well....so San Diego, that a year later they're all over this Visionquest/Soul Clap whatever scene incessantly.

Remember a few short summers ago when all these djs played electro-house?
    You find it amusing that as deep house/tech house/techno gain popularity these artists are gaining large enough fan bases to play medium-size cities like San Diego?

Caved and bought tickets to Franz Ferdinand, Alabama Shakes & Bombay Bicycle Club! Pretty excited for Alabama Shakes. HoB is booking some pretty sweet shows.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

My good friends from back home (athens, ga) are opening for Alabama Shakes.

Futurebirds. Check em out.

Pretty cool, will see their set for sure.

the Drive tour with College and Anoraak is coming to the Casbah in August

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...he-drive-tour/
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    the Drive tour with College and Anoraak is coming to the Casbah in August

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...he-drive-tour/
    This looks awesome!

So, now that M83 has officially been announced for FYF, do you think they will re-announce the show in SD? Has anyone who purchased tickets gotten any information about that show?

Nope. But I bought tix when they went onsale.

They announced the summer concert series for the Del Mar Fair. Last two years they had Weezer which was pretty awesome, this years lineup looks a little weak.

7/20: Wavves
    7/27: Dashboard Confessional
    7/29: Tucanes De Tijuana
    8/3: Steel Pulse
    8/4: Cake
    8/10: The Offspring
    8/17: Michael Franti & Spearhead
    8/18: Ben Harper
    8/24: Jimmy Cliff
    8/31: Ozomatli
    9/1: REGGAE FESTIVAL FEATURING ZIGGY MARLEY PLUS BEER FEST
    9/5: Party in the Paddock w/ TBD

Probably gonna go for Cake, Offspring, Jimmy Cliff and Ozomatli.

Totally going to Cake. Perhaps Wavves...

San Diego Music Awards nominees http://www.sandiegomusicawards.com/#voting
    you can vote for the first half of the categories today, 2nd half starting tomorrow.

Crocodiles!

Black Lips at the Hard Rock for free. 8/7

http://filtermagazine.com/index.php/...n_diego_filter

Andrew W.K. is doing all of "I Get Wet" at 4th and B tomorrow night. Totally just found out about this. Anyone going?

I want to check out Trust/DZ Deathrays in a couple months at the Soda Bar when I'm in town on vacation. What's the situation like for weekday shows at the Soda Bar? Do I need to worry about getting tickets ahead of time because of a sellout?
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

The M83 Show at Soma finally got relisted on M83's website. Does anyone know how to access the presale?

Café Tacvba at the Open Air Theater, August 11.

Quote Originally Posted by cash881 View Post
    The M83 Show at Soma finally got relisted on M83's website. Does anyone know how to access the presale?
    The link is on their Facebook, I think the pre-sale is over now though.

The XX announced a show at Soma, tickets are $30. Also The Sheepdogs are playing in October at The Casbah! Already bought my tickets for that, they were awesome at Coachella and I can't wait!

SOMA is a fucking awful venue unless your mom still drives you to shows and you don't wanna drink.

Or it's a whatever venue if you live around the corner and smoke a lot of pot, but you're right. Everything is fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Or it's a whatever venue if you live around the corner and smoke a lot of pot, but you're right. Everything is fucking awful.
    Not everything, just most things in San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    SOMA is a fucking awful venue unless your mom still drives you to shows and you don't wanna drink.
    Soma is definitely the best venue to drive yourself to because of all the Sports Arena parking, I would much rather have my mom drive me to somewhere downtown where it is impossible to find a parking spot.