Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Shows

Default Re: San Diego Shows

Quote Originally Posted by PulpOne View Post
    I went to the last Filter Soundcheck event with Built To Spill and there were free vodka drinks from 9-10. Wonder if this one's going to have it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Off! - May 15th - Che Cafe
    Whoa...nice one!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Anybody going to Heartless Bastards tonight at Belly Up? I have 2 tickets but my wife bailed and I am considering the same...I need to wake up early so it's a tough nite for me to go to a show...plus they don't come on till 11...argh, I am getting old!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Jesus and Mary Chain June 17: House of Blues, San Diego, CA, USA

tickets on sale tomorrow at 10 http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/...?eventid=74442

Lurker

Anybody else see St. Vincent at HOB last night? She killed it! Totally made up for not seeing her at Coachella due to conflict.

Black Keys at the Sports Arena October 4th.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

The HOB show was good, I hoping for longer sets for both St Vincent and Tune-Yards. I was really hoping for a different show for St. Vincent as, it was generally the same thing as Coachella except a little lighter, she wasn't getting the same energy out of HOB as she was the Gobi tent...obviously. Still enjoyed it even though I'm still exhausted from the first weekend, Black Angels last night at the Belly Up was good as well
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by bear_pause View Post
    Anybody else see St. Vincent at HOB last night? She killed it! Totally made up for not seeing her at Coachella due to conflict.
    I completely agree, this show really helped with the post Coachella blues! I skipped her set at Coachella because I planned on going to this gig. I thought TuneYards were pretty good too but I wish St. Vincent was the headlining act.

Really wish she was headlining as well

Andrew Bird @ Spreckels Sat. Aug 11th.

Presale going on right now at his website, I got a pair 3rd row: http://www.andrewbird.net/shows/

Quote Originally Posted by bear_pause View Post
    I did! She was incredible, I kissed her cheek in the crowd and snapped this awesome photo:

img0040qc.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

Lurker

Washed Out @ Porter's Pub (UCSD) May 7th

Anyone going to Screaming Females tonight at the Che or Bar Pink? I haven't decided which one I'm going to or both. Kinda depends on what I'm doing around 7 (when the Che show is). I know the Bar Pink show is free so I'll probably just end up there around 9:ish.

Anyone going/want to meet up for some beers?

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Anyone going to Screaming Females tonight at the Che or Bar Pink? I haven't decided which one I'm going to or both. Kinda depends on what I'm doing around 7 (when the Che show is). I know the Bar Pink show is free so I'll probably just end up there around 9:ish.
    Crap, I hate it when you find out about a show after it already has happened. Unfortunately the smaller shows at places like Bar Pink and Tin Can unfortunately fly under my radar from time to time. Think I'm checking out Tennis and can't wait for Lotus Plaza next Friday @ Soda Bar.

Also somewhat newly announced:

Japandroids - 6/16 @ Casbah
    Beach House - 7/1 @ HOB
    M83 - 8/31 @ (unfortunately) SOMA. Think they are playing FYF a day or two after though.

I need your help San Diegans. I'm torn between 2 shows on June 3rd.

$27 - Mogwai at the Belly Up
    $20 - SPF949 (Santigold, Naked and the Famous, Imagine Dragons, Electric Guest)

I haven't seen Mogwai since their set at coachella in 2006, but I haven't exactly fallen in love with some of the latest works. Still, they put on a great show. I've seen Santigold twice and loved her both times, and I haven't seen The Naked and the Famous at all. I'll be seeing Electric Guest at Make Music Pasadena, and I'm not that familiar with Imagine Dragons.

Oceanside is a little easier for this Temecula girl, but I haven't been to the Belly Up for a show since the 90s and it's probably time that changes.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Well obviously you know what my vote is!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post
    Crap, I hate it when you find out about a show after it already has happened. Unfortunately the smaller shows at places like Bar Pink and Tin Can unfortunately fly under my radar from time to time. Think I'm checking out Tennis and can't wait for Lotus Plaza next Friday @ Soda Bar.

Also somewhat newly announced:

Japandroids - 6/16 @ Casbah
    Beach House - 7/1 @ HOB
    M83 - 8/31 @ (unfortunately) SOMA. Think they are playing FYF a day or two after though.
    Bought my tix for this one already. Any reason why you don't like SOMA? I dug the Explosions show I saw there last year... So fucking loud. It's a bit packed in there, but I bet it could go off for M83

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Well obviously you know what my vote is!

it's really starting to seem like that's my best option, anyways! haha
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Haha! You can always go to the belly Up for another show, too. There will be more
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Bought my tix for this one already. Any reason why you don't like SOMA? I dug the Explosions show I saw there last year... So fucking loud. It's a bit packed in there, but I bet it could go off for M83
    I've seen a bunch of shows there over the years and currently living in the Point Loma/OB area it's right down the street. Guess I've never been impressed by the cavernous sound and the general lack of character. It's kind of a dump. I also hate to say it too, but most of my friends hate the place because it's all ages. A lot of the kids are severely lacking in show etiquette and it's always nice to have a drink while watching a band play.

The Santigold show is the way to go, only $20 and no service charges for a day of music by the ocean? Yes please. I thought she was super entertaining at Coachella. I really dig Mogwai recorded but sometimes their live shows can get stagnent.

Yeah, I understand your gripes.

I've never been to the Soda Bar but I think i'm gonna check it out tonight for Dirty Ghosts. Cool San Fran trio fronted by Allyson Baker (Aesop Rock's wife). Aesop acts as the producer. Their 2012 album is pretty catchy.

The upcoming shows for Soda Bar is kinda stacked to be honest! I'm gonna have to come back from LV a lot to catch shows, ton of people I want to see

Soda Bar (these are just a select few)
    May 11th - Lotus Plaza
    May 13th - Gauntlet Hair
    June 3rd - Xiu Xiu, Yamataka//Sonic Titan, and Father Murphy (Sooooo pissed I'm missing this one...)
    June 14th - Here We Go Magic (definitely want to come back in town for this show)
    July 7th - Bass Drum of Death
    July 20th - Quilt

yeah wow, diverse and good bookings. there are a ton i didn't list as well

Soda Bar is a dive bar that will get you as close as possible to the acts performing, it's a small stage and you can always say hi before and after the show. I know you can normally meet bands at the merch booth but the tiny bar and lack of a backstage makes it a neat atmosphere to congratulate the bound. The sound is the big drawback of this venue though, the sound can be off some nights and I've seen bands visibly perturbed throughout their set. That and half the crowd might be there just to drink, literally, the cheap admission is more of a cover for some people.

anybody have the pre-sale password for beach house in san diego?

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Soda Bar is a dive bar that will get you as close as possible to the acts performing, it's a small stage and you can always say hi before and after the show. I know you can normally meet bands at the merch booth but the tiny bar and lack of a backstage makes it a neat atmosphere to congratulate the bound. The sound is the big drawback of this venue though, the sound can be off some nights and I've seen bands visibly perturbed throughout their set. That and half the crowd might be there just to drink, literally, the cheap admission is more of a cover for some people.
    Apt description. The sound last night was disturbingly loud and I seriously regretted leaving my earplugs at home... I had meant to bring them, but you know how that goes.

I LOVE the vibe though! I wish that it was a packed house, but I can imagine it gets way more poppin' on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    anybody have the pre-sale password for beach house in san diego?
    Not sure about the Ticketbastard presale password but on the official Beach House site they have a presale now for $25 total, $7 less than TM. Had to use Chrome or Firefox as it wouldn't work with Explorer for some reason though.

http://www.beachhousebaltimore.com/tour

** Edit - Nevermind, got mine on lunch break but looks like that is over. Now it just links you to the TM site. **
    Last edited by DirtyPistol; 05-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.

ah dam. Bought the 32 dollar tickets

did a show at Soda Bar on Easter, fucking love the place. might have one there in June, will definitely keep the board posted

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

They have a Battle Toads arcade machine. Yeah.

I can't find any info on the M83 show at Soma. When I search Google I see some info, but it all seems to be deleted. Does anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by cash881 View Post
    I can't find any info on the M83 show at Soma. When I search Google I see some info, but it all seems to be deleted. Does anyone have a link?
    Yeah, I just looked too. Looks like the San Diego date has been deleted off SOMA and M83's official site. Wonder if it got canceled or is being moved to another venue?