Page 116 of 164 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 4898

Thread: General Phoenix Area Shows

Default Re: General Phoenix Area Shows

It's decent. Good beer selection, although they don't have a happy hour so the bill can add up since their beer isn't cheap. Food isn't bad..I had their grilled cheese and it was pretty good.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

KMFDM @ Crescent Ballroom, March 12.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I keep forgetting that Titus Andronicus is on election night. That should make for one crazy night at the Crescent.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

It's the day after our anniversary. We've decided to go to an anniversary show each year, so Titus will be our second anniversary show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Titus Andronicus ticket acquired.
    Ditto x2.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

demetri martin was excellent. i liked the stand up live; though i've never made it to the tempe improv. they have a two drink minimum, but also offer a full dinner menu. i would highly recommend going to a late show instead of the earlier shows. seemed like we got a longer set. not sure i'd wear heels again. we did have to wait in line for the other show to get out, which is annoying because seating is first come, first serve. only annoyances were having wait staff constantly doing shit during the show, including taking your bill. though i wonder how annoying it would be if it were less crowded. they validate for 3 hours which is nice. the tables are long and at an angle. you sit with other people, but it wasn't annoying. it looked like you could reserve table service if you really wanted. there was a host (not that funny) and a warm-up act (sean something, he was funny).

i do wish security would have been more strict with the loudmouths up front, but i guess that's a fine line to walk. one girl kept raising her hand and providing reasons for why people were the way demetri described them which was so obnoxious. a few others were also yelling out obnoxious shit like "b-batteries!" and "play the guitar!". so annoying.

the copper blues next door had a lot of beer on tap which made it a nice place to go after; however they had a cover band that included covers of songs on the radio. why do people do that? demetri came out and hung out with people for a short time, though i did not talk to him. what the hell do you say anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Tom, put your purse down and come see Titus Andronicus at the Crescent.

PiL tonight! WOOOO

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Excellent.

EDIT* Looks like it's pretty close to the Crescent too.
    I went there during their soft open and I really liked it. Excellent beer choices. It's a little pricey but the beer and food are both very good based on that one visit.

It's about 3/4ths of a mile to Crescent. If you guys want we can have pre-show drinks at my place. I'll be having the election results on a tv. We can drink and cab it there and back. Just throwing it out there. I would possibly be down with drinking elsewhere too so keep me in the loop.

Just announced. December 7th and 8th. Sigur Ros Valtari Film Experiment @ Film Bar
    They say get tickets fast for this one because it will sell out.

The Roots will be performing at Mcdowell Mountain Music Festival on 3/22/13. They moved the location to Margaret T. Hance Park.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I went there during their soft open and I really liked it. Excellent beer choices. It's a little pricey but the beer and food are both very good based on that one visit.

It's about 3/4ths of a mile to Crescent. If you guys want we can have pre-show drinks at my place. I'll be having the election results on a tv. We can drink and cab it there and back. Just throwing it out there. I would possibly be down with drinking elsewhere too so keep me in the loop.
    Either is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLRAGE View Post
    The Roots will be performing at Mcdowell Mountain Music Festival on 3/22/13. They moved the location to Margaret T. Hance Park.
    Interesting location choice. I like it and I like the roots. I'll probably go to this since I live close.

So what's what for tomorrow night?

Mark, what time do you get off?

I'm leaving Tucson in a couple hours. I'm down to grab food/beers wherever.

Ok, couple of options that are some of my favorites in the area:

Carly's on Roosevelt has good paninis and beer and cocktails (absinthe if you like that shit) and they're cheap (and even cheaper during happy hour) http://carlysbistro.com/

Angels Trumpet also has decent food and a great beer selection; they're more expensive. http://www.angelstrumpetalehouse.com/

The Duce downtown isn't within walking distance (it's about a mile away) but it's a fun place in an old warehouse where they serve vintage cocktails and vintage beer and really great sliders http://theducephx.com/duce-kitchen-lounge/

The Rose and Crown pub: "English" pub downtown. Don't know about their HH prices. http://www.theroseandcrownaz.com/pub.php

The Main Ingredient: a few miles from the venue, good sandwiches and beer and a great patio. Decent HH prices: http://www.tmialehouse.com/

Or, we can get beer and order pizza at Marks.

I personally vote for Carlys or The Duce. But Carlys is going to be cheapest. $4 mojitos on Tuesdays!
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Well damn me for not getting back to this thread in time. I guess i'm settled in watching at home until the show. Feel free to stop by if you havnen't solidified any plans. I did discover and issue which is my big living room tv only has x-box capabilities so watching results in that room would have been a challenge. Either way stop by if you like. If not i'll track you guys down a lil later.

Fuck yes, The Roots!

I don't always go to Buckeye, but when I do it's for my favorite emcee.

Touring late March could possibly hint at a Coachella appearance, right?

CONFIRMED

Is Japandroids going to sell out? I've never been to Sail Inn.

It's hard to predict sell outs of small bands. I would guess no but I do see a lot of social media ads for it and the Sail Inn isn't huge.

Deer Tick and Les Claypool added to McDowell Mountain Music Festival
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Fuck yes!

Japandroids just seemed silly after Titus Andronicus last night. Also, fuck the Sail Inn.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Ouch, that bad? I conisdered the Japandroids show for a bit but the album dind't do much for me and it seems that initial buzz died down pretty quick.

They were ok. The crowd was weak. There were a ton of people there but they were all just standing around and drinking beer. Japandroids were loud and their songs are fun, but it is just hard to take them seriously after seeing Titus Andronicus the night before.

Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Fuck yes, The Roots!

I don't always go to Buckeye, but when I do it's for my favorite emcee.

Touring late March could possibly hint at a Coachella appearance, right?

CONFIRMED
    Yeah dog

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Deer Tick and Les Claypool added to McDowell Mountain Music Festival
    I'm getting so excited about this! The lineup is already the best they have ever had. Which doesn't say much considering that the best they have ever had was flaming lips and matisyahu. But still, between the new location/dates and the lineup so far I think they might just be on to something here!

Those are much better dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    They were ok. The crowd was weak. There were a ton of people there but they were all just standing around and drinking beer. Japandroids were loud and their songs are fun, but it is just hard to take them seriously after seeing Titus Andronicus the night before.
    Yep. Boring crowd. And so much plaid. I looked down and saw nothing but Chuck Taylors. The sound was also really tinny from where I was standing.

Matthew Dear at the RR last week was awesome. Small crowd, but everyone was really into it. A very fun Monday night.