Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 156157158159160161
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 4825

Thread: General Phoenix Area Shows

Default Re: General Phoenix Area Shows

Cool. That's a great location. I guess urban chicken farming is a thing now in PHX.

---headed to Rudimental tonight at the Monarch. HADES gets a $4.00 discount online.
    Last edited by Timestretch; 08-31-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Awesome about QOTSA. $20 ain't nuthin', although I suppose it comes with the irritation of having to get into the venue.

Also, and I realize this is a Tucson show, but Cat Power is playing the Rialto at the end of September (the day before Summers End Festival) so I have to make it down to see her. Missed out on the chance in 2006 when my friend reasoned that I could just see her at Coachella, but then she was in the Mojave at night with Carl Cox's bass booming over from the Sahara, making it impossible to enjoy her. She cancelled the subsequent 2 opportunities I had -- Phoenix 2008, Coachella 2013 -- but she seems to have her shit together now and isn't cancelling shows at Morrissey-levels anymore as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Goddammit. Do I need to make a Rick's Obnoxious Observations thread, or what? I get excited every fucking time.

Yes, you do, Dylan. I'd discuss the last show I was at, but it was in Canada, so not really pertinent to this thread. (At least the Cat Power one is in the state, and somebody could feasibly also be attending and we could meet up should we both be so inclined.)

BTW, reserved seating for QOTSA (well, and any other band you might want to see at the Fair) goes on sale 9/13. I just hope it isn't like the Bob Dylan show in 2009, where mountmccabe damn near came to blows with some cantankerous septuagenarians who were upset that he, among several other people, was standing up at a concert.
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

For those planning on going to QOTSA, you can save a few bucks by buying your fair ticket now on their website (www.azstatefair.com) for $6. Think I'm going to try to make both QOTSA and JEW happen that night. I figure QOTSA should be done by 8:15 which should give me enough time to make it to the Marquee before JEW hits the stage.
    8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I just hope it isn't like the Bob Dylan show in 2009, where mountmccabe damn near came to blows with some cantankerous septuagenarians who were upset that he, among several other people, was standing up at a concert.

and this month i look forward to the breeders, brian pohsen, and the phoenix symphony's louis armstrong tribute
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Fuck, we'll be out of town.

Courtney Barnett
    11.05.14 - The Crescent Ballroom - Phoenix, AZ
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yay I'm glad I unblocked that one! COURTNEY BARNETT.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    Ha! I'm pretty sure I saw this episode a couple weekends ago. Seen so much "Simpsons" in so short an amount of time, it's hard for me to remember which ones exactly I've seen.

I did, however, record the one with Steve Martin as the Trash Commissioner Homer gets into a war with specifically to watch the following scene:

Marge Homer, that crazy lady who lives in our trash pile attacked me again.
    Homer That's not the way she tells it.

I had to rewind the episode when it was over just to watch that exchange again.

Awesome about QOTSA. $20 ain't nuthin', although I suppose it comes with the irritation of having to get into the venue.

Also, and I realize this is a Tucson show, but Cat Power is playing the Rialto at the end of September (the day before Summers End Festival) so I have to make it down to see her. Missed out on the chance in 2006 when my friend reasoned that I could just see her at Coachella, but then she was in the Mojave at night with Carl Cox's bass booming over from the Sahara, making it impossible to enjoy her. She cancelled the subsequent 2 opportunities I had -- Phoenix 2008, Coachella 2013 -- but she seems to have her shit together now and isn't cancelling shows at Morrissey-levels anymore as far as I can tell.
    Pretty sure Cat Power did not cancel her 2008 show since I was there at the Marquee when she played.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    Pretty sure Cat Power did not cancel her 2008 show since I was there at the Marquee when she played.
    Uh, what? mountmccabe showed up and said they were turning people away because she'd cancelled. I remember because I was living in Tucson at the time and had driven up with mob roulette specifically for the show, and we ended up going to a free MGMT show at Tempe Marketplace instead.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Fuck, we'll be out of town.

Courtney Barnett
    11.05.14 - The Crescent Ballroom - Phoenix, AZ
    pretty affordable and i am liking what i am hearing on spotify. i think i will buy a ticket when they go onsale friday what do we know about san fermin? do they play together a lot or something?

San Fermin is great. Saw them at SX last year and it was a lot of fun. Large band with horns and just a ton of people on stage having a good time.

Uh, what? mountmccabe showed up and said they were turning people away because she'd cancelled. I remember because I was living in Tucson at the time and had driven up with mob roulette specifically for the show, and we ended up going to a free MGMT show at Tempe Marketplace instead.
    I saw her in October 2008, but it looks like the April 2008 show was canceled. Anyways, here's a slide show from the October 2008 concert from the New Times. I agree with the picture captions.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/slide...arquee-159283/
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I have a question about Comerica Theater. How big is the pit. I have Arctic Monkeys tickets and am wondering how early I should get there for a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    I have a question about Comerica Theater. How big is the pit. I have Arctic Monkeys tickets and am wondering how early I should get there for a good spot.
    It is always undersold. Unless you want to be directly up front, there is no need to show up crazy early. Even at the back of the pit, you are still pretty close.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    I saw her in October 2008, but it looks like the April 2008 show was canceled. Anyways, here's a slide show from the October 2008 concert from the New Times. I agree with the picture captions.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/slide...arquee-159283/
    Ah, that explains it. Thanks for clearing it up. Must not've heard about that show, oddly enough. Unless it happened before I found a job when I moved up here and I couldn't justify the expense. (Come to think of it, this may have been on the night of one of the presidential debates, which may have also contributed to my decision to be responsible and not spend money I didn't need to spend on a concert.)

Hey, hit me back about Belle & Sebastian, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    It is always undersold. Unless you want to be directly up front, there is no need to show up crazy early. Even at the back of the pit, you are still pretty close.
    Thanks! I thought it looked pretty small. Looking forward to the road trip and a little R&R in Scottsdale afterward.

i posted this on my facebook, but gone with the wind will be showing in theatres for a few days at the end of this month. showtimes are below.

http://www.gwtwshowtimes.com/arizona.html

Pallbearer
    December 4
    Crescent Ballroom
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

If anyone has any extra tickets to Odesza at Crescent Ballroom on the 23rd I'm looking to buy 2. I dropped the ball and forgot to get them last month.

Hey, hit me back about Belle & Sebastian, by the way.
    Done.

i am flying solo tonight for the breeders, so come say hi! i plan on wearing a black skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i am flying solo tonight for the breeders, so come say hi! i plan on wearing a black skirt.
    Yeah, I'm sure the skirt was the identifying feature.

Yeah, I'm sure the skirt was the identifying feature.
    hahaha, that was the only article of clothing i knew i would be wearing.

the show was fucking fabulous. they closed with "driving on 9". a few people asked if they played saints, yes they did. they also played happiness is a warm gun, new year into cannonball, do you love me now, i just wanna get along divine hammer, no aloha, and it was great. i didn't know the names of all the song, but recognized most of them. they even played something new. great show with great people!