Page 131 of 161 FirstFirst ... 126127128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4806

Thread: General Phoenix Area Shows

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: General Phoenix Area Shows

dancing room!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Nice, sounds like a success in the new location.

presale is prob unnecessary, but if someone wanted to do the meet and greet.

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/thepresets/

^LOL

Who's going to Jeff Mangum tomorrow? We're heading to the Crescent directly from work. I hope doors open after the U of A beats Ohio State. Want to get a spot on the last row of the bleachers for this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    ^LOL

Who's going to Jeff Mangum tomorrow? We're heading to the Crescent directly from work. I hope doors open after the U of A beats Ohio State. Want to get a spot on the last row of the bleachers for this show.
    I got tickets to the late show and was thinking the same thing on the bleachers.

I was considering showing up to drink and listen in the bar area. We will see. I will look for you guys if I do.

I'll be at both shows tonight.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I've been ordered to find a seat as close to a TV as possible. Will be there right around 5.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

"When you get to the Crescent, can you try to get a spot at a table near where the TV is so I can watch the game?" = ordered
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

So the friend I'm going with got us tickets to the early show so I'll probably see some of you there.

May have already been mentioned, but Netsky 4/4 at the Monarch. Paging NachoCat. I *may* go.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

The Postal Service price change. 1 ticket is now $35 or willing to trade for 1 Foals ticket.

Oh yeah, I think I need to buy my Foals ticket still. Thanks for the reminder.

Nice seeing you, Mark and Mark, at Jeff Mangum last night. Timestretch Mark, thanks for the seats on the bleachers. Does your friend always talk so much & so loudly at shows? I felt like a hypocrite for not saying anything after having tapped on the shoulder of the girl in front of me & asking her and her friend, "Can you try NOT talking?" It was effective in that they shut up for the rest of that song, and when she turned around to tell me not to be an asshole (right, I was the rude one) and to next time ask politely, the people around us chimed in, "He DID ask you nicely." Then Jen told them, "Nobody gives a shit about your stupid lives. Shut the fuck up," and they vacated the premises a couple songs later.

The show was really good, too. Short, as expected, but closing with "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" was fantastic. I guess I didn't realize how good of a guitarist Mr. Mangum is. It was different enough seeing him in this setting than at Coachella, where he had the horns accompaniment on a couple of songs, and for the most part the singing along complemented his performance & wasn't obnoxious, as it can so often be. Felt lucky to have been there.

Long shot, but is anyone interested in seeing Blackalicious tonight at The Crescent? They put on a great show. I also posted this on Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Both sets last night were completely different. He played everything in a different order and played 4-5 different songs. It made going to both sets completely worth it. I was up close for the first set and sat top row of the bleachers for the second set and noticed a lot more talkers up top than in the crowd.

During the second set the crowd seemed to be a lot more talkative/drunk and it was starting to get on my nerves until he played this:

The crowd went silent and remained respectful for the remainder of the set.

Jeff seemed a lot more relaxed during the second set, he smiled and interacted with the crowd a little bit more.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Long shot, but is anyone interested in seeing Blackalicious tonight at The Crescent? They put on a great show. I also posted this on Facebook.
    I'm interested but I'm booked tonight. I love their album Blazing Arrow and I agree, they are great live.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Tomas, it's a late late show at 10pm with two openers...

Wasn't the Phoenix show sold out? If so, it isn't anymore. There are tickets available on luckyman for the Phoenix show at the Marquee if anyone missed the chance to purchase.

I don't remember anyone ever saying Phoenix was sold out.

Depeche Mode - 10/8/13 - Desert Sky Pavilion

http://www.livenation.com/events/226...ferer=facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    May have already been mentioned, but Netsky 4/4 at the Monarch. Paging NachoCat. I *may* go.

Whoaaaa... didnt know that. Thank u! Thats a possability.

Nothing makes me enjoy the bile of society more than a show review from Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Both sets last night were completely different. He played everything in a different order and played 4-5 different songs. It made going to both sets completely worth it. I was up close for the first set and sat top row of the bleachers for the second set and noticed a lot more talkers up top than in the crowd.

During the second set the crowd seemed to be a lot more talkative/drunk and it was starting to get on my nerves until he played this:

The crowd went silent and remained respectful for the remainder of the set.

Jeff seemed a lot more relaxed during the second set, he smiled and interacted with the crowd a little bit more.
    That's cool that the two sets were different enough to make you feel it was worthwhile. I'm not at all surprised that the crowd was more obnoxious for the later show -- the longer you drink, the more irritating you're generally going to be. I am kind of surprised, though, that you found there to be more talkative people in the bleachers. I'm sure it's my common refrain but why can't people pay some respect to the artist and just LISTEN to them rather than using the performance as a live soundtrack to whatever shitty conversation they're compelled to have with their drooling idiot friends? It winds me up at the movies, too.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Wasn't the Phoenix show sold out? If so, it isn't anymore. There are tickets available on luckyman for the Phoenix show at the Marquee if anyone missed the chance to purchase.
    Amy's right, I don't think it was ever said to be sold out. Kind of surprising considering they sold it out a few years ago. Makes me wonder whether their crowd will be relatively sparse at Coachella, especially with all the other options there will be on Saturday night.

I wish we could get some numbers on how many tickets Phoenix has sold for the Marquee compared to the Postal Service at Comerica.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Nothing makes me enjoy the bile of society more than a show review from Rick.
    Glad I can give a unique flavor to the proceedings.

Rick, you should just wear a "SHUT THE FUCK UP" t-shirt to every show you go to.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Whoaaaa... didnt know that. Thank u! Thats a possability.
    I'm probably going to go unless my Friday work day looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Rick, you should just wear a "SHUT THE FUCK UP" t-shirt to every show you go to.
    I would if it weren't for the fact Jen has TWO shirts that say precisely that, one of which she has already worn to a show, and I get enough grief from her when I order the same thing she does when we go out to eat (even if I happened to place my order before she did).

Tensnake this Wednesday at Bar Smith

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?465538

Ha - I was just going to post that. Fuck, between TS and Netsky I'm gonna be in the shit house with my lady

That was the first show I've went to with that guy. It was starting to annoy me, but it was mostly him saying how much he was loving the show. I did enjoy the crowd signing along especially to the horn parts. That was cool.

I didn't know what was going on with the girl in front of you. I just heard Jen lay into her and then she did shut the fuck up.

She shut up after Rick asked her (nicely) and then she turned around during a song break and complained that he was an asshole and that he tapped her on the shoulder "really hard". That's when I told her to shut the fuck up and then they left a couple of songs later. As soon as they got up, the guys next to them all spread out so they couldn't come back. Then during the little break, they all thanked him for asking them to stop yapping because it was bothering them (then I was thinking...um, you were sitting right next to her. If it bugged you, why wouldn't you just ask her yourself?) But whatever.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths