Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 122123124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 4955

Thread: General Phoenix Area Shows

Default Re: General Phoenix Area Shows

I'm going to pin my hopes on this festival to get Pearl Jam to finally return to Phoenix after 10 years. Also, M83 is playing the Hollywood Bowl on Sept. 22 so maybe that's another possibility for Liquid Sol.
    12/15-Spoon (Marquee Theatre)
    4/8-Jessie Ware (Wiltern Theatre)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1
    5/22-U2 (US Airways Center)
    5/23-U2 (US Airways Center)

From Facebook...

Stinkweeds
    Tickets for Modest Mouse at the Crescent Ballroom go on sale, Tomorrow (Friday). You can buy them online at 10am or buy them from us at 11am. Stinkweeds Tickets are cash only and can only be purchased at the store. We can not hold tickets for anyone. If you are worried about this show selling out in 10 minute, you should know that the show is going to be outside, which will have about a 2000 person capacity as opposed to Crescent's 500 person capacity. I can't make any promises, but as long as you're not a total slacker, I think you'll get your tickets. We just want to discourage any pushing or shoving, come tomorrow. Good luck!
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Ok, sounds good.
    Forget it. She's going to Toronto to see All-Star Weekend for the 80th time instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

faxy i can post on my facebook if you don't find anyone. i have a lot of friends who are fans, it would probably just depend on how soon you need the cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    From Facebook...
    I got jacked by Stinkweeds today. I went down there to buy Modest Mouse tickets that they said went on sale at 11am. I got there a minute before 11am and I was pretty surprised that there wasn't a line and the doors to the store were open. I walked in and I was told they sold out of their allotment of tickets. Now they are claiming they didn't open up until 11am and there was a line of 40 people who bought the tickets in a couple minutes. I was kind of confused because my phone said 11am when I was inside? I posted on there Facebook page that I was upset they said the tickets went onsale at 11am but they sold them all before 11am. The dude inside that said they were sold out told me there are 20 tickets left online. At that point I checked my phone and they were all gone. I would have bought my tickets online at 10am if I knew there weren't going to be any available when they told us they would be available. I'm kinda pissed right now #1 because I didn't get tickets but #2 Stinkweeds is claiming I'm putting misinformation on their Facebook page. Screw those guys.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 02-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Here is a video with some shots of the crescent outdoor set up that they will use for Modest Mouse.

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    I got jacked by Stinkweeds today. I went down there to buy Modest Mouse tickets that they said went on sale at 11am. I got there a minute before 11am and I was pretty surprised that there wasn't a line and the doors to the store were open. I walked in and I was told they sold out of their allotment of tickets. Now they are claiming they didn't open up until 11am and there was a line of 40 people who bought the tickets in a couple minutes. I was kind of confused because my phone said 11am when I was inside? I posted on there Facebook page that I was upset they said the tickets went onsale at 11am but they sold them all before 11am. The dude inside that said they were sold out told me there are 20 tickets left online. At that point I checked my phone and they were all gone. I would have bought my tickets online at 10am if I knew there weren't going to be any available when they told us they would be available. I'm kinda pissed right now #1 because I didn't get tickets but #2 Stinkweeds is claiming I'm putting misinformation on their Facebook page. Screw those guys.
    Sucks, dude. Hate when that happens. I remember when I was in college, I went to get movie passes and got there a few minutes before they advertised that they would start being passed out. They'd given them all out an hour earlier.

I'll join you in talking shit on Stinkweeds' Facebook page. Haven't gone there before myself but if that's how they're going to be, fuck 'em.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

what fucking assholes
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Well...Stinkweeds admitted that they did open early because there was a line outside. They also said they got a call before they opened, and I'm assuming it was from Stateside, saying they were only allowed to sell 50 of the 100 tickets they were given. It sucks because I could have bought the tickets online but the post from Stinkweeds on Facebook last night made it seem like I should of had no issues getting tickets in store today. I work pretty close to Stinkweeds so I figured I would just drive down there and I ended up getting completely hosed. I just keep saying to myself, "I've seen Modest Mouse 5 times, it's okay!" But it's not helping.

God damn it would have been awesome to see Modest Mouse at Crescent, even if its in the parking lot! If anyone has an extra ticket or two please let me know!

Maybe try sending an email to Stateside? Tell em Stinkweeds fucked you over. Worth a shot.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I think I may just try that.

EDIT: Email sent, we'll see what happens! I hope I don't end up getting blacklisted from Stateside.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 02-23-2013 at 08:39 PM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    faxy i can post on my facebook if you don't find anyone. i have a lot of friends who are fans, it would probably just depend on how soon you need the cash.
    Sure, you can do that. Thanks!

Capital Cities and Gold Fields @ Crescent April 23rd if ya like pop dance music. On sale 3/1, but I don't see this selling out. Finally something that's not during week 1.

Last edited by Timestretch; 02-26-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Jello Biafra - 4/21 - Pub Rock Live

Liquid Sol's website is now live with ticket details. Azcentral.com has a story saying the lineup will be revealed in 15-20 days.

http://www.liquidsolfest.com

Dates: Sept. 20th, 21st & 22nd
    General Admission Passes

1 Day- Fri, Sat, Sun: Allows admittance the venue on date of purchase.
    Friday- $30.00
    Sat. & Sun. - $ 70.00 each day
    3 day- Allows admittance to venue, parking & camping for all 3 days (General admission camping to be purchased separately)
    Early Bird- $ 120.00 ( available until July 30th)
    Regular- $140.00
    Gate- $150.00

V.I.P. Passes- $400.00

Only sold as a 3 day assigned seating pass (Camping sold separately). Allows admittance to venue, V.I.P., parking & camping areas, as well as V.I.P. lounge where you can enjoy lunch, dinner, & V.I.P. Bar (discounted beverages). Each ticket includes first right renewal for 2013.

RSVD Passes- $250.00-$350.00

RSVD 1- $350.00
    RSVD 2- $275.00
    RSVD 3 - $250.00
    RSVD tickets sold as a 3 day pass (camping sold separately). RSVD passes allow you to choose your own seating. These seats are assigned on first come first serve, so purchase your tickets TODAY! In a group? Purchase as a group. Each ticket includes first right of renewal for 2013. ( Special packages available)
    12/15-Spoon (Marquee Theatre)
    4/8-Jessie Ware (Wiltern Theatre)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1
    5/22-U2 (US Airways Center)
    5/23-U2 (US Airways Center)

I am going to keep an eye on this festival. If it's a good enough lineup, then that's not a bad price at all.
    fuck.

Three day price is pretty damn good if the lineup is decent. It looks like they put the family camping right in the middle of the general camping.

Definitely going to watch this. It would be great if Phoenix finally got a good festival. McDowell Mountain has been moving in the right, but still seems a bit expensive for what you get. I like the timing on this one, too. Spaces it out from Coachella about as much as possible.

The spacing is definitely a good thing---except I can already see people coming back from BM and not having funds to go. Too bad for them.

Anyway, just saw Cheatahs are playing with the Wavves at the Crescent on 4-20. Really digging their new and old EP so I might have to check that show out to.

https://www.facebook.com/events/5116...ref=ts&fref=ts

I have been waiting for Pangea to come through Phoenix for the last year. There are so many great bands on Burger so I am sure this is going to be a great show.
    Last edited by LickTheLizzard; 02-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I like Long Wongs b/c it's on the light rail and I can get really drunk, but I work the next day so this is maybe for me. Or I can just learn moderation. If I do go you will hear me bitch at one point about how awesome the old Firehouse steakhouse was in that location.

lmao camping in Florence in September? what the fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    lmao camping in Florence in September? what the fuck.
    They've been doing it for Country Thunder for years, which is the same weekend as Coachella. I really don't see the difference. It will be about as warm as Coachella usually is at that time of year.
    fuck.

NASCAR, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post

Anyway, just saw Cheatahs are playing with the Wavves at the Crescent on 4-20. Really digging their new and old EP so I might have to check that show out to.
    I'm going to the show, and don't know too much about the openers. What's their sound like?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    NASCAR, baby!
    Why don't you tell us ur in town? We literally live a mile from PIR
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I'm going to the show, and don't know too much about the openers. What's their sound like?
    90s retro shoegazy psych rock leaning towards the more pop indie rock stuff of the 90s. big guitar work, but not too dense or layered. you'll hear some swervedriver ride slowdive mixed with big drill car and maybe a little of some of the old jade tree bands. I enjoyed both of their EPs.

I've only seen Fidlar from the beer tent at FYF. I don't remember too much other than thinking it was ok.
    Last edited by Timestretch; 03-03-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Dinosaur Jr, Crescent Ballroom, Friday April 19th, $27

That is going to be an exhausting week.

Diarrhea Planet 2015