Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4924

Thread: General Phoenix Area Shows

Default Re: General Phoenix Area Shows

I'm sure it is a great venue, but Celebrity Theater seems like it would the choice venue for Fiona.

The Ikeda Theater? Is this new or did another venue succumb to advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

It's part of the Mesa Arts Center. I provided a link to their website. It's apparently named after a couple named Tom and Janet Ikeda.

I think you're thinking of IKEA.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Ohhh, I had no idea what Gribbz meant there. hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    It's part of the Mesa Arts Center. I provided a link to their website. It's apparently named after a couple named Tom and Janet Ikeda.

I think you're thinking of IKEA.
    Ha, yeah. I posted that from my phone. Definitely thought it said "Ikea."
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Of interest to Amy, from an email I just received:

"Morrissey Presale starts Thursday, June 21st

No Password Required

This is your "First In Line" opportunity to purchase tickets online before the general public!
    Presale Date & Time: June 21st at 10AM, ends June 21st at 10PM"

PM me your email address if you didn't get this email from luckymanonline & I'll forward it to you.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Fiona Apple - $49.50 & $59.50

"Tickets go on sale this Saturday, June 23 at www.livenation.com and the Mesa Arts Center box office. To charge by phone call (480) 644-6500."

http://www.examiner.com/article/phoe...sa-arts-center

Morrissey - $49.50

"Tickets, which are $49.50, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at luckymanonline.com, the Marquee box office and all Bookman's bookstores."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...#ixzz1yFO5U7uN
    Received an email from KEXX about a presale for Morissey. They are on sale now (Thursday 10:00 am) at the Luckyman website. no password needed for the presale. four tickets cost me 245.00 ouch!

Guess I should read the whole thread.

Secured my ticket for Moz. Turning into a nice Thanksgiving tradition.
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Queens of the Stone Age (AZ State Fair)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

I got caught up in my work and forgot to do this at exactly 10am, but I just bought my Morrissey ticket now, so there are still presale tickets.

$64 with fees.

And what the fuck is up with the Luckyman website? It keeps getting dates off, it says "Friday November 21st" is the show on the email, but my calendar says November 21st is actually Wednesday! That makes a big difference if you ask me (the day before Thanksgiving as opposed to the day after).
    Last edited by amyzzz; 06-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I found a presale password for Fiona Apple. Was on the phone with the box office at 10:02 and the first 5 rows were already gone. The woman asked if I wanted to wait a bit to see if something closer than row C became available, put me on hold, then when she got back a couple minutes later, only row F was available. Scored 3 tickets for myself, Ivy, and a friend of hers, seats 16 through 18. Not quite the first row I was hoping for but 9th isn't bad at all, much closer than where I was at the Dodge in 2006 (and where we'll be in Oakland).

If anyone else is interested in this, password is AMPLIFY.

Getting to see Noel Gallagher & Fiona Apple twice, plus Garbage, all in the same year? 17-year-old Rick is seething with envy right now.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Thanks for that Rick! I think i'm going with front row of the Mezz level for this.

You're welcome. Good luck!

Meanwhile, Timestretch, I just got an email that the Dead Kennedys are playing the Marquee on 9/22. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Thought it was a nice little coincidence considering we were just talking the other night about them and the potential for them to play Coachella.

Nice on the Dead Kennedy's but i'll be at ATP.

I can't figure out if select a seat is a blessing or a curse. I'm still staring at this map and looking at tons of photos and can't decide. I've been to this venue too. Life is hard.

I finally settled on a seat. I took front row Mezz seat 20 which is pretty much dead center.
    Last edited by faxman75; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks for the Fiona password!
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

You're welcome. Good luck!

Meanwhile, Timestretch, I just got an email that the Dead Kennedys are playing the Marquee on 9/22. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Thought it was a nice little coincidence considering we were just talking the other night about them and the potential for them to play Coachella.
    That is a coincidence. I won't go. It would be disappointing to see this incarnation of them.

I have to work the night of Fiona so that turned into a no go for me. That should be a great show.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

thanks for the tickets, rick!

who is singing with the dead kennedys. is it jello? how much are tickets? i'm traveling right now.

and 15 year old ivy would be elated to have seen ben folds, ben folds five, and fiona x 2 in one year. plus the black keys later this year, taking my dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Not Jello.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

bucketofpower: you're welcome. I'm really glad I got a ticket in presale because the entire orchestra was basically sold out last I checked this afternoon. Jason (sin213) got 2 tickets in row A at around 10:30 yesterday, which kind of irritates me considering I was on the phone with the box office at 10:02. Maybe it was the number of tickets I was looking for. I don't know. Annoying but I think I'll survive...somehow.

Is it just me or are there a ton of awesome shows coming through here this fall that we don't normally get? Perhaps we always get shows like this & this year, the group of artists just so happen to be ones I like, but it's been a near embarrassment of riches. And it's been sustained the entire year: Radiohead, Spiritualized, Garbage, and Noel Gallagher in months past, and those are just the shows I've been to.

Too bad you have to work the night of Fiona, Mark. So for those going, meetup beforehand? I've got a couple friends from Tucson who are going to the show as well. Already wondering if I'm just going to take that entire day off (Tuesdays are the busiest day of the week in my new department) or leave early.

To me... it's not the DK is there's no Jello....
    6/6/12 Mayhem Festival @ Ashley Furniture Store Pavilion-AZ

I was just listening to one of my favorite podcasts "sound opinions". They were giving their best album of the year so far reviews. One of them rated Killer Mike's new album and played the song "Reagan". Turns out the tour hits Crescent tonight. I will be there.

I hadn't listened to him prior to this. I'm happy I found out about this just in time though.

This video is intense.

Pretty Lights

Comerica Theatre

Sept 18th

Are you going to Red Rocks?

Yeah

Will most likely go to this one too.

BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I was just listening to one of my favorite podcasts "sound opinions". They were giving their best album of the year so far reviews. One of them rated Killer Mike's new album and played the song "Reagan". Turns out the tour hits Crescent tonight. I will be there.

I hadn't listened to him prior to this. I'm happy I found out about this just in time though.

This video is intense.

anyone else make it to the el-p/killer mike show? great show aside from the fucking idiots in the crowd who kept trying to start moshpits.

i would have loved to have heard more ISYD material, but the fact that el did the entire new album front to back was a treat in itself. i had a great time.

I hadn't heard of either artists before yesterday and I had planned on leaving early but that EL-P set was really damn good. The sound in the Crescent is so damn good and the crowd was great. Killer Mike was all smiles and I loved his free styles. He worked that crowd over and I was so happy I went. I didn't get home untl close to 1am (I live super close). I'll see both of these acts again when they come through that's for sure. I need to get my hands on some EL-P now because his live show sold me.

Not that i'm a mosher but why would someone have issues with others who decide to mosh? EL-P dude stage dove 3 songs into the set so it would seem moshing was more than acceptabable and part of the show. Is this a hipster thing? Like "ewww don't touch me or get in my personal space" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Not that i'm a mosher but why would someone have issues with others who decide to mosh? EL-P dude stage dove 3 songs into the set so it would seem moshing was more than acceptabable and part of the show. Is this a hipster thing? Like "ewww don't touch me or get in my personal space" or something?
    lol @ "is this a hipster thing".

i prefer it when the crowd is involved in the music, dancing, moving around, etc. in a situation like that, there is no "personal space", it's just feeling the music and enjoying yourself. perhaps moshing wasn't the correct description of what i observed. what i am referring to is when you are standing there enjoying the show and a wasted person walks up to you and shoves you, turns and shoves a girl and then runs full speed into someone else and knocks their drink out of their hand. then, when the person gives a "what the fuck?" look because their drink was just knocked out of their hand, the guys friend comes over and starts yelling in his face and a shoving match ensues.

when killer mike drops "never scared" and despot, el-p and exquire come out on stage, i want it to be rowdy. i want people to sing along and dance. i have absolutely no problem if someone or multiple people collide with me because they're hype on the music. the situation i described earlier literally happened during a slow, very non-banger song where el was clearly emotional after talking about the death of camu tao. after this bullshit happened, one of the drunken idiots suckerpunched a guy and broke his glasses, with both of them and a few others kicked out as a result.

not sure where you were standing but i was on the right side of the stage fairly close to the front. to me, that behavior was not that of a great crowd. granted, it was only a few select people who seemed to be looking to start a fight, but i was disappointed nonetheless. i understand how you could have misconstrued my comments but judging by your "hipster" generalization it seems pretty clear that you didn't see what i did. even despot tweeted "Phoenix, I am very angry with at least two of you" after the show.

regardless, it really was a great show. judging by el-p's track record, it could be many years before we get to see him live again and i'm stoked that i got to make it to the show. all of their chemistry on stage was great and you could tell that they are all very close friends.

Shitty that there were dicks like that at that show, although what do you expect from a hip-hop audience? (I kid, I kid.)

Fiona tickets for Mesa arrived in the mail yesterday. That was fast.

Quote Originally Posted by garf13ld 5and3rs View Post
    not sure where you were standing but i was on the right side of the stage fairly close to the front.
    We must have been very close. I was on the right side maybe 4 to 5 people back at most. I was probably distracted by the pretty red head chick who told me I was "awesome" though. There was a drunk person in front of us who eventually moved. She saw me give him the evil eye and it apparently won her heart over.

When EL-P first started I saw a big push in the middle and what I thought was going to be a small little mosh pit but you are right, if it's one drunk tard running into and shoving everyone around him then that's quite different than hipsters not wanting to be touched. It was a great a show regardless and too bad a douchebag or two made it a little sucky for you. I get that.

If anyone is interested. The password for the Pretty lights presale is lucky. Go on sale at 10am through prettylightsmusic.com

So I just purchased tickets for Pretty lights at comerica. they are all GA tickets. How does that work at a place with seats like that? You can just roam freely as you normally would at any other GA type show?