Thread: Best PartyParking Options For Offsite RV camping??

Cool Best PartyParking Options For Offsite RV camping??

Hello fellow Party goers! This will be our second trip down for Coachella but this time around we decided to do it right and get an RV and drive down from vegas!

Now considering the onsite RV camping is all sold out, I have done extensive research to find the best location to park this big beast of ours.

Here is what i have found:

Total for the shadow hills resort is 330$ for 5. But we all get/need bracelets so we would need to sneak " the girls" or the new friends into the grounds for the after party. Its 7 miles from the grounds. They have nothing special organized, as in breakfast, shuttles, dj by the pool or guest wristbands. They will call me back once they have figured out the "guest" bracelet situation, and i will update my post.

Then i called lake cahuilla national park. We'd get just a dirt parking spot, over 50 are still available for 55$ all 4 days! Cheap but no electricity or water if we run out...well we're Phacked! Also, we only are allowed 6 per rv spot or else we need to pay another 55$ for am extra 6. She said park rangers are there checkin 24/7... No swimming in the lake but only 3 miles away

Now onto the last rv resort indian wells. They have 20 out of 150 spots available with water n electricity. 330$ for 4 nights 5 people. 3 miles away. Ihop across the street. Basketball court, pool tables, and 3 pool with extended night time hours aswell. Unlimited guestssssss!!!! If we get caught bringing in guests its only 5$ a day for extra people! Sounds like a winner!

Then there are the people who claim to live close to the grounds on so called ''ranches'' and would be willing to rent us a spot for +- 200$ for the 4 days , but once again, no electricity, no water, and no hundreds of people to throw down a crazy after party with...

We have everything booked other than the Parking situation for our RV and we are very much confused on what the best option would be. We need to act fast! Please help!

My reason for this post is to ask, how was transportation in taxis or shuttles from either of those places? lets say we leave at noon indian hills in a cab and come back at 1am... will we get stuck in hours of traffic? they are 3.5miles aways, at least 45 minute walk and we are not really looking to walk after such a long day. Will there be special lanes for cabs? I called the Indio cab comapny and they just said there will be pick up areas, but they dont know where yet..

Any reviews or comments on the research i have done? Is there an obvious choice? We are just looking to get to and from the grounds easily, bring back new friends to our RV without a problem and party all night, without complaints.

Also if any one has a cancelation and cannot use their official coachella RV parking, we would be glad to take it from you with a premium of course.

Much Appreciated, Team Canada.

Default Re: Best PartyParking Options For Offsite RV camping??

I did a decent amount of research and it came down to Shadow Hills or Indian Wells. I went with Shadow Hills - they either market themselves better or they are better. I'm not sure if Indian Wells offers camping like Shadow Hills does, back to the marketing thing here, but having the additional amount of people camping will be a lot more fun. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

I agree the guest thing is probably the worst part of Shadow Hills, but they do read these boards and hopefully will consider something like the $5 guest pass/day. Perhaps this is because they offer camping?

Also, I read there have been DJ's at the pool, free breakfast, and free BBQ in the past, but not sure about this year. Some guy posted he will be playing the pool 12-2am one night but who knows how true that is.

A cab is supposed to be around $20-$30 from Shadow Hills to Coachella. My biggest issue right now is I want to drive the RV to Coachella due to In&Out being allowed, but am not sure how feasible that is.

Thank you for your quick response Mr Tea,, in the previous years, there were milesss of cars coming in and out of the grounds, so the 20-30$ taxi, each way, x 3 days, is 150$ minium plus a half hour of walking each time...not too shabby..

Also, u want to drive your RV there and back!? I think the gates for Shadow hill close at 10pm so you'll miss most of the best acts, and that is if you dont get busted for a DUI...unless u drink tea all weekend Be careful...

The confirmation email I received gave me a gate code. I don't think that will stop working at 10pm. Their website says quiet hours begin at 10pm and that if you are arriving or departing during these times be extra quiet.

I'm not sure if that taxi fare is per person or total. I would think total but I can see them gouging for Coachella. If it's total that will be even better. I don't foresee many solo cab rides for anyone.

In desert weather I can't imagine staying drunk for very long. Plus, I don't see myself going to the beer garden or out to the RV during the last few hours of each day so I think driving the RV will be OK. Might not happen though because your point is very valid....but how tempting is an RV full of beer, food, and air conditioning going to be for a break during the day!

yuppers mr. tea, the gate at shadow hills is no big thing ... this will be our 4th year staying there. the last 3 years shadow hills was packed with coachella-goers and unless they are doing something drastically different than previous years, i can't imagine anyone having issues.

plenty of people drive rvs to coachella. it's a bitch to leave that parking lot after the last act whether you're in a civic or an rv, so i say go for it!

Beckylyn, are the RV spots @ Shadow Hills first come first serve or will we be assigned a spot when we arrive? As a temporary California home-parking-space renter I demand prime real estate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Beckylyn, are the RV spots @ Shadow Hills first come first serve or will we be assigned a spot when we arrive? As a temporary California home-parking-space renter I demand prime real estate!
    this will be our first year with a camper ... in previous years we did tent camping and we picked whatever spot we wanted. i would imagine you can choose your own spot with an RV as well, i don't remember anyone with an RV being assigned spaces in the past. the people in the office are super nice. i bet they would let you pick, but i can't be sure. especially if you arrive early on thursday. sorry i don't know for sure =(

How long did it take you to get bback to shadow hills after the last act?

and is there traffic in the middle of the day if we wanted to get back to the camping spot for a few hours?

thank you

any other parking grounds that are a good time?

Did anyone get in touch with this Maria member who says she lives across the street from the polo grounds? I tried calling her but her number has been discontinued... shady...

we have the RV but still havent decided on where to park the thing! helpppp people!

where should we go??? We want to party all night with party goers...

Lightbulb Re: Best PartyParking Options For Offsite RV camping??

No my dear, you did not call me. My phone number is not desconnected, I do not know where you would get my number from, I did not post it. Send me an email or a private message. I do have a couple of spots for RV, righ across the polo on ave. 50th, near Monroe.