Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frightened Rabbit

Default Re: Frightened Rabbit

looks like they're ready to hit the scene again!

2013 coachella please!

http://frightenedrabbit.com/updates/north-american-tour

sf and LA dates.
    They played the filmore last time , i'm not a fan of the indy .oh well cant wait to hear the new stuff.

Three new songs:

They've added some new vocalists and instruments it sounds like. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Great, more bands from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    . . . . . . this track is kind of disappointing (though I did still pre-order the new album). Midnight Organ Fight is a Pantheon level (and damn near perfect) album in my mind. But I thought Winter was a pretty huge step back, aside from a couple of stand out tracks (e.g., 'Yes I Would' and 'Footshooter') and this new track just doesn't do it for me; nor did their somewhat recent EP. Organ Fight just reverberates in my soul . . . you can feel a piece of Scott (and his pain) in each of those tracks. Maybe that album was really a once in a lifetime album for them, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, I guess, given how personal it was for Scott. I'd hate to have him get crushed again just so the band could make another record like that. I mean, can any man really be expected to write two songs 'Backwards Walks' or two 'Keep Yourself Warm'?

With all that said, they are a pretty great band and they've been fantastic everytime I've seen them live, so I'd love for them to actually get a Coachella set. Maybe next year, given the new album on the way.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    . . . . . . this track is kind of disappointing (though I did still pre-order the new album). Midnight Organ Fight is a Pantheon level (and damn near perfect) album in my mind. But I thought Winter was a pretty huge step back, aside from a couple of stand out tracks (e.g., 'Yes I Would' and 'Footshooter') and this new track just doesn't do it for me; nor did their somewhat recent EP. Organ Fight just reverberates in my soul . . . you can feel a piece of Scott (and his pain) in each of those tracks. Maybe that album was really a once in a lifetime album for them, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, I guess, given how personal it was for Scott. I'd hate to have him get crushed again just so the band could make another record like that. I mean, can any man really be expected to write two songs 'Backwards Walks' or two 'Keep Yourself Warm'?

With all that said, they are a pretty great band and they've been fantastic everytime I've seen them live, so I'd love for them to actually get a Coachella set. Maybe next year, given the new album on the way.
    Ok, never mind anything I said in my last post. This new album is a goddamn masterpiece from start to finish. I actually didn't think they had this in them, as much as I love them. I'm still digesting the album (spent the last two days listening to it) and it's not Midnight Organ Fight, but I'm not prepared to say it's any worse. Definitely different, in particular, much bigger sounding, but not in a bad way, in the least. For me, December's Traditions is the standout track, followed, probably, by Nitrous Gas. But tracks 1-6 are fantastic, so pretty hard to pick a favorite. Really solid effort. I really wish they had made the Coachella lineup this year, especially since they had to cancel in 2010 due to the damn volcano.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)