Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Hills RV Park Roll Call

Talking Shadow Hills RV Park Roll Call

y0!

Just got our reservation in for Shadow Hills. Anyone else going to be camping there?

Any recommendations for getting to/from the Polo Field? It's been a few years since I've been to Coachella, I just remember it was kind of a horrendous time to drive in and out of there. (I think exiting took well over an hour). The people at the campground suggested a Taxi, would that be any faster? Any possibility of a group of us pooling some funding and chartering with a bus/shuttle company out there?

-Andy

Default Re: Shadow Hills RV Park Roll Call

My husband and I also have reservations and were wondering the same thing...I think I read somewhere there was a shuttle thing set up but I think you have to pay. I guess it would be way too ridiculous to drive??? This is the first year we are going!!! Very excited!!!

I asked the lady @ the campground, she said they don't have anything official set up.

I'm not sure how ridiculous it would be to drive. I sent in a couple inquiries to local charter companies to see what they could offer. We'll see what they come up with, but we'd probably need like 30-40 people to make it worthwhile.

Got one quote back. 10AM pickup from RV Park, 1AM pickup from polo fields. For all three days it'd be around $70 pp (50 people). Think we can find 50 people?

you're probably better off just setting up camp, making friends and finding a sober ride to the show that way. my husband and i have stayed at shadow hills for the last 3 years ... there has always been plenty of coachella-goers willing to share a ride. cabs will pick up/drop off there too.

Yeah, I reckon you're probably right. I was kinda curious to see what it would cost, but I think we'll probably be OK getting back and forth.

Are you staying there this year?

yup, year number 4! we wouldn't stay anywhere else =)

I'm sure we will all be sober by the end of the day with the beer prices...last few concerts I went to it was like 10 bucks for a reg size beer

LOL, that's probably true.

Last year they had taxi's coming to the park for people who needed a ride. Was pretty cheap and it worked out cause once we hit traffic we just walked the rest of the way in. Saved us about 45min of sitting in a car waiting to park. Just called again when we were about ready to leave.

do you remember about what the cab cost? i'm curious ... i'm always the DD for our group, and i would definitely be interested in not playing that role this year.

I stayed at Shadow Hills last year and had a very positive experience. We had no problem whatsoever getting there, because we usually left around 10:30am every day and were some of the first there.

Lots of really friendly people, especially on the grass by the lake in the tent camping area.

A cab might be kind of pricey because the meter will be running if you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic getting in or out.
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Nice Avatar Tallguy... the girl w/ the sun in her head was on while i was reading this thread.

is anybody getting there thursday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Motab View Post
    Nice Avatar Tallguy... the girl w/ the sun in her head was on while i was reading this thread.
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by williamsj16 View Post
    is anybody getting there thursday night?
    Yeah, we're planning on getting there before sundown Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by beckylyn View Post
    do you remember about what the cab cost? i'm curious ... i'm always the DD for our group, and i would definitely be interested in not playing that role this year.
    For 5-6 people it was about $30. We worked out a deal with him at $20 for 5 people there and $25 for 6 people back. We walked to meet him where he dropped us off so he wouldn't get stuck in traffic.

Thursday afternoon....after hitting up Bevmo, of course.

we're also getting there thursday evening sometime ... can't wait!

thanks for the cab info, greenjack. that's definitely going in the budget at least one day!

i agree with tallguy ... the grassy, near-the-lake camping spots are the best! we've met so many nice coachella people at shadow hills =)

So where do we meet up Thursday night?!

we'll be the people with the giant pop up camper, arizona plates. come over, introduce yourselves and have a beer! i expect we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon. i can't wait to make new friends again!

Unhappy Re: Shadow Hills RV Park Roll Call

It will take you less time to walk the 8-9 mile distance then to deive or wait i the shuttle bus.

Quote Originally Posted by beckylyn View Post
    we'll be the people with the giant pop up camper, arizona plates. come over, introduce yourselves and have a beer! i expect we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon. i can't wait to make new friends again!
    Sweet! There'll be 3 or 4 of us in the motorhome that I'm not sure what it looks like yet! :-D

We'll definitely come find you Thursday.

My boyfriend and I are arriving on Thursday - driving in from Seattle. We'll probably be needing a beer. This is our first time to Coachella and we are VERY excited!!

Rockin! Meetup @ Beckylyn's!

My intent is to get there before sundown, since I'm not used to driving that beast of an RV...

What was the cost at Shadow Hills? Think there's any way they have space left? This is our first time at Coachella and we totally missed the boat on buying camping spots (we're Bonnaroo veterans and that's always included in the ticket price). We have nonrefundable plane tickets from New Orleans and I'm feverishly hunting for a place for us to set up camp.

when i made my reservation i was told $243 - that's for an RV spot with 3 people from thursday to monday. tent camping is a LOT cheaper. i think $50/per person. here's the website: http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/
    give them a call today - i bet they still have space - they did on tuesday this week. if you end up at shadow hills, come find us! we'd love to meet you =)

i'll try to give them a call later on this morning and update this thread with availability and firm price info.

I emailed and they do still have space left. I asked for a price and am waiting to hear back. Good God. I really didn't want to fork out another $50 for this trip, but this place seems nice enough.

Yeah, it's $50 per person for the weekend for tent camping. Now if I could just get the 3 useless guys I'm going with to WAKE UP and PICK UP THE PHONE I could make a reservation. Can you tell I'm freaking out? I'm actually press covering the festival for a New Orleans magazine and the whole thing has just sneaked up on me. It's like 3 weeks away!

shadow hills really is nice. hot showers, clean bathrooms and a pool =)
    good luck with the guys!