Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1272

Thread: I will answer ANY questions and I will be nice about it

Default Re: I will answer ANY questions and I will be nice about it

Can you buy Gatorade on site or can you bring your own if it's not opened? It's the best to keep you hydrated without having to piss all the time.

Where I can get these spicy pies? It's my first coachella but my friend that went in '10 said that all the he ate was stupid pretzels...

Yeah Gatorade is everywhere within the festival. I think it's four bucks per.

Spicy pie is a pizza place in the food court areas. There may be another pizza place so make sure you find spicy pie.

I am surprising one of my kid's for his 16th birthday and taking him and his older brother to Coachella for the the first time. We are coming from Central Florida. The older one broke his ankle two weeks ago and is in a hard cast and has to get around on crutches. Are there wheelchairs available and has anyone seen if they make accomodations for seeing acts such as accesible seating/viewing area? He is worried about getting around. I figured he would have to suck it up and hobble around as I have seen others do at previous fests. We have attended ACL for the past five years. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Okay...so, I saw some talk about registering your wristband and being entered to win upgrades/prizes. Is there any place to find out about these shenanigans/who wins/what you CAN win??? Am I crazy?!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysee View Post
    I am surprising one of my kid's for his 16th birthday and taking him and his older brother to Coachella for the the first time. We are coming from Central Florida. The older one broke his ankle two weeks ago and is in a hard cast and has to get around on crutches. Are there wheelchairs available and has anyone seen if they make accomodations for seeing acts such as accesible seating/viewing area? He is worried about getting around. I figured he would have to suck it up and hobble around as I have seen others do at previous fests. We have attended ACL for the past five years. Looking forward to a great weekend.
    I do not believe there are any wheelchairs available at Coachella but there is an accessible raised viewing area at each stage. Last year a friend of ours from Australia broke his leg a few weeks prior to Coachella and I found a used wheelchair in Indio pretty cheap and picked it up when we got there so he could have one to get around in the fest. Try Craigslist or thrift shops in the area. I will private message you a few numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by eadenterese View Post
    Okay...so, I saw some talk about registering your wristband and being entered to win upgrades/prizes. Is there any place to find out about these shenanigans/who wins/what you CAN win??? Am I crazy?!
    I'm interested in the answer to this as well.

There are definitely handicapped seating areas. In fact, you will have better sightlines than most! As far as wheelchairs, I saw some people in them last year but not sure if they were supplied by the festival or not.

I came in an electric wheelchair in '07. I had a total blast. They let family and friends up on the wheelchair platforms, so that's good.
    I rented an electric wheelchair from a company in the San Gabriel Valley ($100) and completely ran its battery down by the end of the first day. I was also doing donuts in it a bunch, so that might have contributed. Oops.
    I would strongly recommend an electric wheelchair, as the festival grounds are deceptively huge. You don't realize it when you're walking, but in a wheelchair it quickly becomes apparent how large of a field you need to keep sound from bleeding into five simultaneous rock concerts. Charging the chair might be a challenge. Don't know what your sleeping arrangements are, but you will undoubtedly need more than what the cell-phone charging stations at the campground can provide...
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

wheelchairs are a NIGHTMARE at Coachella. 1st off - it's all grass - trying to push that through the grass is a pain in the ass. 2nd - there is NOT any open viewing areas for wheelchairs so you WILL be staring at someones ass the entire time. This festival is NOT handicap nice...I've seen a few people in wheelchairs just bummed out because they can't see a damn show...because the crowds are huge and people are so packed standing that they CAN'T move to let the wheelchair go in front...because if they do...the guy will still be staring at someone elses ass. It's like putting 6 pool balls into on pocket...then trying to cram the next ball to the bottom....it won't work....again there are 75,000 people....google coachella festival crowds and look at the picts...there are a shit ton of people.
    Take the crutches and do the best you can....it's going to be a long tough day, but a wheelchair isn't going to work...unless you like rear ends.
    There are ALWAYS people there on crutches doing fine....just be comfortable...and know you are going to be on them all day...suck it up NANCY and understand the fest isn't there to please you...you are just one small part of 75,000 people.
    get some comfortable crutches and put towels on them....and tell him to get ready to go farther than he ever thought he would on them....
    if it was my son - I'd tell him to get out and start crutch walking a mile a day every day till the festival so he's ready for it. If he is just using them right now for basic getting around HE WILL NOT be ready for the festival and will be wanting to rest. Tell him to get his body ready....go on a mile walk son. 'My arms hurt' ...get used to it...we aren't going 1/2 way across the country to a music festival to sit around so you can rest the entire time.

quick story - there was a deformed guy who had barely 2 stumps for arms, no legs and used his mouth to control his wheelchair. We saw him in an area just hanging out...the black keys came on and you could see he wanted to get close to see it....and those around him WANTED to let him get close, but there are so many people that we saw him get past 3 rows then was stuck....problem was he was still a good 80 yards from the stage...there was NO WAY he was going to get close. Felt bad for the guy, but that's what happened....he stared at rear ends the entire show. If you can't move you can't move no matter how bad off the guy is...
    Last edited by baily; 03-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

2nd - there is NOT any open viewing areas for wheelchairs so you WILL be staring at someones ass the entire time. This festival is NOT handicap nice...I've seen a few people in wheelchairs just bummed out because they can't see a damn show...because the crowds are huge and people are so packed standing that they CAN'T move to let the wheelchair go in front...because if they do...the guy will still be staring at someone elses ass. It's like putting 6 pool balls into on pocket...then trying to cram the next ball to the bottom....it won't work....again there are 75,000 people....google coachella festival crowds and look at the picts...there are a shit ton of people.
    Sorry Bailey but that is not true. There are platforms with ramps for folks in wheelchairs and alter abled people at every stage at Coachella that give them a better view point. In the tents they are on the right side of the tent close to the front. Didn't pay attention to the ones at the outdoor stages but probably in the same area. The grass is a bit of a bitch but if someone is pushing you, not too much problem.

There is alter-abled camping area as well for anyone that needs it. There are strict laws governing access for people with disabilities in not only CA but the whole country and a leg or foot in a cast certainly is a disability at Coachella.

I would not ever force any of my kids to just suck it up with a broken foot or leg....one would hope they will be using it for the rest of their life and healing properly is pretty crucial to a pain free life. Do you have any kids??? I am betting NO:-)

Here is some of the info from the ADA faq on the website:
    SHUTTLE SERVICE (onsite)
    Limited onsite ADA cart shuttle service will be available up to the venue entrance. Please visit the Access Service Centers for further onsite details.

WHEELCHAIR & COMPANION SEATING
    Coachella Valley Arts & Music Festival provides wheelchair and companion areas. Please see the festival map or contact the nearest event staff worker. To gain access to a wheelchair riser you must obtain a wristband from the Access Service Centers. Access is limited.
    Here is a link to the full info: http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/ada
    Last edited by Inthecolumbiagorge; 03-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eadenterese View Post

All the info you need about this is here: http://www.coachella.com/festival-pa...bands/regpromo

You may be right that they provide it....sure....have fun getting to it. Tell the people in front of you about ADA rules and regulations....see if they move...and good luck finding someone from the festival to 'guide' your ass to the front.

There isn't a chance in hell you are going to roll a wheelchair up to the main stage at night...there are 40,000 people jammed in like sardines...
    even the side stages are tough to get to the entrance for backstage. It would be a pain in the ass IMO. I've been there and seen it....it doesn't work...and the kid doesn't need a wheelchair...

I have a kid and I prep him for the real world. I'd rather him plan (and be ready mentally and physically) for the worse and get the best than hope for the best then be bummed out.
    If my son was in the EXACT same position I'd have him GET READY for the festival....that and the dude said his son IS ON CRUTCHES NOW (not in a wheelchair)....he doesn't need a f'n wheelchair. Or should he baby his son (currently injured) whom is older than his 16 year old? I guarantee pops and bro don't want to push his ass around those fields for 3 days.
    His son is old enough to prep himself ...especially with his pops probably paying for the entire trip outta his dime.

pussy up your kid if you want....I'll man mine up.

It's a fucking broken ankle...with a cast on the leg...big fucking deal. Boy, go work on your endurance because I heard we are going to be walking - for you crutching - a few miles every day...go get ready so when we get there we can have a blast. Get out there and go a mile...I'll walk with you. P.S. I'm not pushing your ass around in a wheelchair on grass for 3 days.
    or for you pussies 'awwww poor poor guy....what happened? are you ok? can I feed your food to you? momma's gonna make it all ok..you just relax....O and all you people move out of the way, my son's leg is injured...excuse me 40,000 people please move. ADA rules say you have to.' as they reply, "where the fuck am I going to move to ....there isn't any fucking space."
    Last edited by baily; 03-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

Hahaha! Well I guess there are many ways to raise a child in this world. Yours is different than mine for sure! Fact is Coachella is ADA accessible and getting around in a wheel chair or crutches most certainly can be managed whether you think so or not. I would not expect to get to the front of a stage with a wheelchair...DUH....but there is a raised viewing platform that is accessible and is easily managed.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Once again, baily goes on endless rants about something he knows nothing about.

Many people go with wheelchairs and crutches and have a blast. There have been threads about it here.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Baily needs to read the title of this thread: I will answer ANY questions and I will be nice about it

Have a nice day.

Yeah, you'll be fine. I'm assuming you know that going to a festival on crutches is going to be more difficult than going without the crutches, but beyond that it seems like people have been fine doing that in the past and Coachella definitely does their part to make it easier.

There's a designated platform type structure for people in wheelchairs/on crutches. Pretty good view from what I remember.

NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Baily's son hates Father's Day so much.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    lol...

BAILY HAS A KID WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It would be worse for Baily's dad. Think of the disappointment...

Baily's dad has a very specific type of self induced Alzheimers.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Sorry Bailey but that is not true. There are platforms with ramps for folks in wheelchairs and alter abled people at every stage at Coachella that give them a better view point. In the tents they are on the right side of the tent close to the front. Didn't pay attention to the ones at the outdoor stages but probably in the same area. The grass is a bit of a bitch but if someone is pushing you, not too much problem.

There is alter-abled camping area as well for anyone that needs it. There are strict laws governing access for people with disabilities in not only CA but the whole country and a leg or foot in a cast certainly is a disability at Coachella.

I would not ever force any of my kids to just suck it up with a broken foot or leg....one would hope they will be using it for the rest of their life and healing properly is pretty crucial to a pain free life. Do you have any kids??? I am betting NO:-)

Here is some of the info from the ADA faq on the website:

Here is a link to the full info: http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/ada
    Thanks for the info.

I guess there are "Dickheads" on every board that do not take the time to read an entire post and only jump on the first thing that they see in a post and not see the totality of a comment, question or musing.

so i was trying to find where it said this because i remember seeing a thread about it, but where does it mention that groups camping together this year will be allowed to group up before heading into the campground? i know i didn't dream this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

You had to have dreamed that. People group up offsite in parking lots all the time,. but how on earth are they going to provide space for people to do that onsite?

Also:

http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You had to have dreamed that. People group up offsite in parking lots all the time,. but how on earth are they going to provide space for people to do that onsite?

Also:

http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping
    i must've been thinking about a facebook post a friend of mine made. he probably saw my question in here and responded with this on my wall this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

I'll be car camping this year. How many people would a car camping spot comfortably accommodate? Anyone have experience camping with 6 or more persons in one spot?

How good are you at planking?

Thanks for the info.

I guess there are "Dickheads" on every board that do not take the time to read an entire post and only jump on the first thing that they see in a post and not see the totality of a comment, question or musing.
    That's why this thread is here!

*unfolds large, majestic wing and tucks you under it, keeping you warm and safe from the harm this cold world might present*