Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Dracarys

No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Great trailer! I haven't followed a show as it airs on TV since... well, probably Pokemon the animated series. This will be pretty much a new experience for me and I am looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Placebo doing the soundtrack? Massage my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Placebo doing the soundtrack? Massage my ass.
    The song is Bones by Ms Mr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4kbn...ature=youtu.be, it won't be used on the show, though.

Ramin Djawadi scored the first two seasons, including the title theme, which somehow hasn't even been nominated for an Emmy. The kids did a karaoke on their S1 commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92ukx0A2fk Far as I know he's doing this season, too. S1 & 2 are on itunes, amazon, etc. Oh, and National did 'Rains of Castamere' last year.
    Last edited by the goat; 02-23-2013 at 11:44 AM.

So let me get this straight... there are 5 books in this series, yes? Is the 5th book the final one, or are more on the way? Is there a set amount of seasons for this show?
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

It is supposed to be a 7 book series. Only 5 have been written.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Watched the whole second season this past week. The only thing I don't like about this show is that the season is only 10 episodes long!

The penultimate episode with the battle was fucking incredible. They really upped there budget all around this season. I don't think I am going to be able to wait until next year to watch season 3 this time around. i am looking forward to digging into the season 2 commentaries soon though.

Also, this show looks amazing on blu ray!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

250ish more pages left on the 2nd book for me then marathoning both seasons before the 31st.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

3 episodes left in Season 2 for me. I don't want to go back and reread book 2 right now, but were there any glaring differences between the book and the series? I don't expect everything to be adapted word for word and appreciate it when a series can explore characters further or streamline unnecessary sideplots. Here are the biggest differences I noticed.

- Margaery Tyrell in the book seems a lot more innocent. In the series she is fully aware of EVERYTHING and is definitely a plotter. Maybe her grandmother's (?) scheming was incorporated directly to her? Was it ever hinted at in the books that she could possibly have planned her next husband with Littlefinger? I like her better on TV.

- Rob Stark falling in love with a nurse? In the book, he does fall in love with a nurse, but not one that follows them around, right?

- Brandon Stark leaving Winterfell with Hodor and Asha. Didn't they already have the other kids with them? I know they are set to be introduced in S3, but couldn't remember at what point they joined up in the books.

- Igrid hitting on Jon Snow. This is just sexed up for TV, right? I don't remember any of that happening until after Jon infiltrates the wildlings.

- Daenerys Targaryen has a much smaller group of people than i imagined when she reaches Qarth (maybe budget reasons on the TV show?) and I don't remember her interactions with the leaders of the city being this fast. Has her whole plotline been rushed? If it gets her to Westeros faster, i'm all for it, i just want to see those dragons grow!

Anything else stand out for anyone else? I'm going to get thru the last few episodes sometime over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Also, this show looks amazing on blu ray!
    Yes. This is a show to watch in high quality, the VFX used are amazeballs per usual with this show.

I'm really excited for the next season, hopefully it stays strong, I feel like most shows I've been watching (Walking Dead) have lost interest with me lately. I hope GoT's next season keeps by boner hard after each 60 minutes, unable to comprehend why I must wait till they show me more.

http://www.emmys.com/game-of-thrones

Emmys doin a GOT panel webcast March 19 moderated by Rob Mcelhenney (Mac from Always Sunny). Should be fun.

Also, Hold Steady did 'The Bear & the Maiden Fair' for this season.

but really

About how far into book 3 do they go in season 2? I'm trying to stay ahead in the books before the season starts up.

Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

S2 is basically book 2, theres just one subplot that they moved up from book 3. S2 has alot more substantial changes from the book than s1 did tho.
    Last edited by the goat; 03-27-2013 at 03:00 AM.

TONIGHT!

Last year before the season 2 premier, they had this 22 minute special called "You Win Or You Die" and it was kind of a season 1 recap, interviews of several cast and production, and scenes from the upcoming season. I think it was cataloged as S02E00 (season 2 episode zero)

Is there a similar mini-special for season 3? I can't seem to find one.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Last year before the season 2 premier, they had this 22 minute special called "You Win Or You Die" and it was kind of a season 1 recap, interviews of several cast and production, and scenes from the upcoming season. I think it was cataloged as S02E00 (season 2 episode zero)

Is there a similar mini-special for season 3? I can't seem to find one.
    Yup, it's called "A Gathering Storm". You can find it on the interwebz, might also be on HBO GO but i'm not positive.

In an effort to bring in even more new viewers, HBO is airing a recap special entitled Game of Thrones: A Gathering Storm on Friday, March 8 at 9:45 PM ET. The 15-minute special will feature interviews with cast and Game of Thrones A Gathering Storm Episode crew members to help get potential new viewers up to speed, along with clips from Season 1 and Season 2. The network has unveiled a brief trailer for this upcoming special that features interview segments with Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams, Richard Madden, and more.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Khaleesi Khaleesi!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    This is a muthafucking jam right here. Do you guys even get laid?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    TONIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Yup, it's called "A Gathering Storm". You can find it on the interwebz, might also be on HBO GO but i'm not positive.
    Thank you, I'm not sure how I missed this, it's on the official GOT youtube channel.

For those that haven't seen it:
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Thank you, I'm not sure how I missed this, it's on the official GOT youtube channel.

For those that haven't seen it:
    Thanks for posting this, great recap! So excited for tonight!!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Margorey (or w/e) just became an infinitely more interesting character. And Tywin Lanister is such a cock. And wtf is going on in Jon Snow's story line? Im not sure how I am supposed to feel about him joining the Wildlings.

What happened at Harrenhall though? I feel like I missed something there.

Great start to the season overall.

Margorey (or w/e) just became an infinitely more interesting character. And Tywin Lanister is such a cock. And wtf is going on in Jon Snow's story line? Im not sure how I am supposed to feel about him joining the Wildlings.

What happened at Harrenhall though? I feel like I missed something there.

Great start to the season overall.
    Not sure these are spoilers from the book:

If you go back to last season when Jon Snow was traveling with Qhorin Halfhand and to the fight between them, it is made pretty clear that the Night's Watch would benefit greatly from Jon Snow infiltrating Mance Rayder's camp. Halfhand gives him a wink and a nod before Jon Snow kills him. At this point in the story I don't think Jon Snow has decided if he wants to uphold his duty to the Night's Watch, or if he wants to be free.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Jon always intends to rejoin the Watch, but he does become much more sympathetic to the Wildlings.

This charity Margaery seems kind of unnecessary. We get it, she's publicly virtuous and knows the value of good PR. I don't know that that had to be made so fucking explicit, and also who cares.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    This charity Margaery seems kind of unnecessary. We get it, she's publicly virtuous and knows the value of good PR. I don't know that that had to be made so fucking explicit, and also who cares.
    I think this is exactly what has made her character far more interesting to me. I haven't read the books, so based on the show to me, I haven't exactly been able to gauge her character. If she hadn't have been so charitable at the dinner table and had that conversation with Cersei, I don't think this would have come across to to those who haven't read the books.

I don't think this would have come across to to those who haven't read the books.
    agreed, I haven't read them either. However, how they went about it was so awkward...I swear if Joeffrey becomes good or some shit im gonna be SO PISSED because I want him to die a horrible death. NO SPOILERS PLOX
    Upcoming Shows:

The scene where Tyrion asks for his right to Casterly Rock was done perfectly down to the "The next whore I find in your bed, I'll hang" line.

I was wondering by the end of season 2 how they could have taken the dock scenes out where Dany gets her ships but they seem to have combined that scene with her scenes in Astapor in this episode. This effectively eliminates redundancy in her story line that could have occurred if they had showed both docks so I thought it was well done. The dragons were too sick.

Jaimie and Bran got pushed aside to make room for Margery being charitable. Hopefully they make up for this in the next episode.

Upcoming shows
    Events

There are now so many damn story lines on this show it will be impossible for every episode to touch on each story line. There was nothing about Theon Greyjoy in this episode either. Nor Arya. I expect the next episode will feature Bran, Jaimie, Arya and Theon/ Rob Stark more prominently.