Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

I haven't watched the episode yet but from what I've seen on the internets, people are pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I haven't watched the episode yet but from what I've seen on the internets, people are pissed.
    That's mainly due to fake torrents

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Since I don't have HBo i'll wait until season 2 is over to figure out I'm going to download it or just wait, but I'm now revisiting season 1 through the commentaries and enjoying the hell out of them.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    That's mainly due to fake torrents
    That's not what I'm referring to.

Why are they pissed? I thought it was a pretty great episode

edit: Somewhat spoiler: After a quick google search I see what they were angry about and while I haven't read the books, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal so far. I think nerds are just let down that they won't have boner material in the future
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 05-07-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I don't know why folks of novels/comics expect a tv series/movie to deliver the EXACT same thing

I didn't say I was pissed. I personally feel that Dany's story at this time in the books was fucking boring. It is much easier to ignore someone in a book than on screen. They had to do something and if it gets her to the house of the undying faster, than so be it.

What exactly are fans pissed about for season 2? I've read all of the books also, but so far I haven't seen/noticed anything that would make me pissed off...?

Also, I got SO excited the other night when I realized that it was this season that Dany was going to the house of the undying, my god, easily one of my favorite parts of the whole series so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    What exactly are fans pissed about for season 2? I've read all of the books also, but so far I haven't seen/noticed anything that would make me pissed off...?

Also, I got SO excited the other night when I realized that it was this season that Dany was going to the house of the undying, my god, easily one of my favorite parts of the whole series so far.
    Because, this most recent episode espeically, has shown a ton of stuff that isnt accurate in the books. The scene with Theon and Rodrik? Not the way it went down. The biggest one is Tywin Lannister being at Harrenhal. If Arya got three lives, and Tywin was in Harrenhal, why wouldnt she wipe him out? I believe hes there in the books, but very very briefly, and he certainly didnt have this weird respect for Arya. Its a Bolton thats there in the books, and thats why she chooses the tickler, etc. Also, they have killed off two of Dany's companions that dont die in the books until...well...ever....
    Last edited by drewdrewdrew; 05-07-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

Also, the Jon Snow/Ygritte scene is not the way it is in the books
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

You guys do realize that an adaptation involves a little bit of adapting, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

yes, for the sake of making something work in a totally different form, they've got to change stuff. In the commentaries for season 1 i've heard so far, there's a good deal of insight as to why they'vecreated as many scenes that weren't in the books as they did, and most of the time it's to establish relationships between characters on screen since they so often often end up never seeing each other again, or it was felt at some point that some form of clarification or another was needed.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

so i just started watching this series a couple weeks ago and I have caught up to the most recent episode last night...great show, never read the books but after this season is over I might just start to fill in all the gaps and because I really want to know what happens and can't wait.

The adaptations make me wish I hadn't read the book first. I don't like that Roose Bolton is not at Harrenhal. Didn't they cast someone as Roose? I remember goat posting about it anyway. The adaptations move the story along the right way, it just niggles me. And they needn't have killed Daenerys's little girl friends (servants). I guess we won't be getting anymore lesbian scenes with Daenerys and her servant girls.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The adaptations make me wish I hadn't read the book first. I don't like that Roose Bolton is not at Harrenhal. Didn't they cast someone as Roose? I remember goat posting about it anyway. The adaptations move the story along the right way, it just niggles me. And they needn't have killed Daenerys's little girl friends (servants). I guess we won't be getting anymore lesbian scenes with Daenerys and her servant girls.
    Thats what Im saying! Also, it really is going to change the story ALOT if Bolton does arrive there soon and Tywin doesnt gtfo. I wont post any spoilers but...yeah...

Also, there needs to be the bastard of Bolton at Winterfell! There hasnt been any talk of Reek at all, and thats a huge part of the story later on.

Furthermore, cutting out Jeyne Westerling and making her this weird Volantine girl is a strange thing too....I understand adapting, but adapting doesnt generally mean 'rewriting major plot points/characters'
    Last edited by drewdrewdrew; 05-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.

SPOILERS

Rob's girlfriend/wife does not matter at all to the plot, so that one does not bother me much. Rob was never a point-of-view character in the book (i.e. he never had his own chapter).
    Last edited by amyzzz; 05-07-2012 at 02:12 PM.

SPOILERS

Rob's girlfriend/wife does not matter at all to the plot, so that one does not bother me much. Rob was never a point-of-view character in the book (i.e. he never had his own chapter).
    So hard to talk about this without spoilers but, are you serious? Shes a huge part! First off, her house, the Westerlings are supposed to be a bannerman for the Lannisters! Thats what makes the whole plot work out the way it does, thats why Tywin is even involved in it. Robb isnt POV but Catelyn is essentially our Robb in the books and I'd say hes a pretty important character.
    Last edited by drewdrewdrew; 05-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.

That was Roose who broke the news of Winterfell to Robb. He mentioned his bastard too.

And yeah that whole episode was full of stuff different than the books but whatever, doesn't bother me too much.

Could you guys not post book spoilers please? If you must please change the color of your text to match the background.

Text color is changed on my post. Sorry.

YES!

Text color is changed on my post. Sorry.
    same, my bad

i have a question, did Mirri (the healer) purposely infect the Khal? its something I have pondered on my second run watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    i have a question, did Mirri (the healer) purposely infect the Khal? its something I have pondered on my second run watching the show.
    I believe that in the book his wound just festers because hes not smart enough to get it cared for properly and worries more about looking tough. By the time Mirri helps him its too late, he takes off her bandage and gets infected, falls off his horse.

it just niggles me.
    this word "niggles" niggles me.

With mentioning Tywin isn't really that big of a character in the books, I enjoy their interpretation of him. He's stern and very focused on work/career, so you can see how Jaime and The Queen Twat (her name escapes me at the moment) ended up in such an incestuous relationship. Tyrion although referred to as the "imp" by most of society does have a place in his fathers heart. He's got a far stronger name than Jaime and although taught some awful life lessons, is a much more well rounded person, especially in the world of politics, although he is still young himself also as King's Landing has gone to shit, even with him trying to make things right.

Interested to see where Jon Snow goes next, his wolf will be back probably in the nick of time to save him in the middle of the night when he's spooning Ygritte. I'd spoon her too. <3 Fieryboosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    I believe she did, because after Dae confronts her, the woman speaks of how Drogo defiled her temple and he got his. Sure take prisoners, but don't expect your prisoner to serve you loyally.

Look at Theo.

Great acting overall in this series though, I have great appreciation for actors who create characters that the audience despises. Its much easier to be loved in an entertaining story than to be completely hated. Joffrey is another great example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Its much easier to be loved in an entertaining story than to be completely hated. Joffrey is another great example of this.
    agreed, however if I saw Joffrey in the street I would throw fists at his face.

So I watched the newest episode. I am very upset that the Reeds aren't there. Those two are easily some of my favorite characters.

So I watched the newest episode. I am very upset that the Reeds aren't there. Those two are easily some of my favorite characters.
    Yeah thats right, they are missing too! hmm.

Hopefully they just had to cut some corners this episode to set up the rest of them. up until this point I feel that they have done a pretty good job staying faithful tot he book, especially in the first season.

I've only watched up to episode 2 (im in no hurry to watch them) but I've read all 5 books...are you kidding me about the Reed bro/sis not being in there? THAT seems way too huge to leave out for "adaptation"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.