Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1369

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

The epilogue exclusion left many book readers with severe blue balls. It was supposed to be the biggest "holy shit" reveal of the season. I'm a little bummed out at this episode for that and a few other reasons, namely the painstaking lengths the show writers appear to be going through to keep Tyrion likeable.

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I'm sure Cold Hands was left out for brevity's sake and not introducing Stoneheart this season is also quite understandable. Why muddle up what happened in the plot lines that actually make a difference?
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Did Varys have any other particular reason to flee Kings Landing when he realized the shit was hitting the fan or was it just that he was worried his role in Tyrion's escape would be known? (based on what's happened on the show so far that is, no spoilers please)

After Tyrion was taken on to the boat, it looked like Varys was about to head back to King's Landing. When the bells started ringing, Vary's probably assumed Tyrion had murdered someone important and figured he might as well cut his losses because if Tyrion's escape lead back to him, he would automatically become associated with the murder. Of course, it will be seen as suspicious that he disappeared after Tyrion escape, so he also probably realizes he may never see King's Landing again, hence why he looked pretty sad as the boat was disembarking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Correct, his "what have you done" followed by his recognition of the bells were, to me, what led to him deciding to stay on the boat.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Varys is one smart cookie. Therefore, he must have already had an alibi in place just to be able to assist Jamie and Tyrion in the first place. Though, hanging about the docks isn't gonna help his cause any, cos the first places the gold cloaks are going to shut down are the gates and the docks. Hence, my original question! However, if I had to say, I'd be of the opinion, Varys was taking a momentary respite to ponder the possible causes of the peeling bells, before making haste back into the Red Keep. He's too firmly entrenched within King's Landing to cut and run (sail away).

He knew his days were numbered if he stayed, so he cut his losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I mean yeah I remember a little more detail in the books from his discussions with Tree Man but isn't that pretty much where we're at with Bran in the books? Are they going to reveal some stuff next season before the next book is out?

Regardless of juvenile dragons, north of the Wall seems to be the last bastion of magic within all of the realms. Therefore, Bran appears to be in the ideal place to learn from those fighting the good fight against the blue eyed bastards and their Wight minions.

yeah I gathered that Varys was nervous about what Tyrion had done and it was the bells that confirmed it for him, but I'm guessing he was smart enough to cover his tracks. Thus I wasn't sure whether Tywin being gone and the ensuing power vacuum had him nervous for any particular reason that had already been covered. (i.e. did Cersei or someone specifically have it out for him) Him leaving just because of abetting Tyrion didn't seem to fit with his character. The only other person who knew was Jaime, and he trusted him enough it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    Regardless of juvenile dragons, north of the Wall seems to be the last bastion of magic within all of the realms. Therefore, Bran appears to be in the ideal place to learn from those fighting the good fight against the blue eyed bastards and their Wight minions.
    Now, I haven't read the books so I may be showing my ignorance here, but what about the Shadow Lands? Aren't we supposed to gather that dark magic exists here and is on the brink of being unleashed? We know Milisandre is from this place and she birthed a shadow demon that killed Renley and then disappeared. The "Lord of Light" also seems to have magical powers, with Beric Dondarian being brought back from the dead 6 (or is 7? 8?) times. Again, I may be showing off my ignorance here, but it seems me magic is slowly being reintroduced all around this fictional world, aside from the Dragons and North of the Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    yeah I gathered that Varys was nervous about what Tyrion had done and it was the bells that confirmed it for him, but I'm guessing he was smart enough to cover his tracks. Thus I wasn't sure whether Tywin being gone and the ensuing power vacuum had him nervous for any particular reason that had already been covered. (i.e. did Cersei or someone specifically have it out for him) Him leaving just because of abetting Tyrion didn't seem to fit with his character. The only other person who knew was Jaime, and he trusted him enough it seems.
    I assumed Varys had a very believable alibi if he was questioned about Tyrion's disappearance and if he had been questioned about it he would have gotten away without it. However, when the bells started ringing, you can be sure guards were sent to seal the gates and and the check the ports. In silence, he could have snuck back unnoticed. But with the city full of guards? There is a high likelihood he would have been caught and he likely figured if we was caught and associated with Tyrion's disappearance, he would have also become associated with whatever Tyrion did (which we know to be the murder of Tywin). Varys is smart, and in this case, he realized cutting his losses was the best decision. Remember, Varys is a known associate of Illyrios Mopatis (the guy who gave Danny the eggs), so perhaps Tyrion and Varys are heading to Pentos?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Varys sticks around KL in the books. It doesn't make nearly as much sense as the show's alternative. Good stuff

Pretty sure he doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Varys sticks around KL in the books. It doesn't make nearly as much sense as the show's alternative. Good stuff
    Varys' actions and end game make a lot more sense when you read the books. In the book, he let Tyrion climb the ladder to go up to the Tower of the Hand, and it didn't make much sense at the time - it seemed like Varys putting himself directly in harm's way for no gain at all... but it makes sense in the end.

In the show, he's all surprised and like WTF, MATE? which makes more sense in the now.

Varys is smart enough to realize that with Tywin gone crazy ass Cersei is now in power....OUT!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Now Cersei's free to marry her son.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Now Cersei's free to marry her son.
    Cersei is a bit batshit crazy and a drunk but she's no Craster.

Last edited by xanman86; 06-17-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

She's might be done with Jaime for betraying her. Tommen's a reasonable alternative seeing as he's half Jaime. It just makes sense don't you think?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    I mean yeah I remember a little more detail in the books from his discussions with Tree Man but isn't that pretty much where we're at with Bran in the books? Are they going to reveal some stuff next season before the next book is out?
    Bran's story on the show is pretty much where he is in book 5, so yeah, who knows. Martin better start typing his beard off.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

sadly she did not sit in the throne.

Is that the angle of the pic or is Sansa really that tall? Or Jon Snow really that short?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent - 11/16 Brazilian Girls@Roxy

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i liked the jon oliver bit about the queen and westeros.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Is that the angle of the pic or is Sansa really that tall? Or Jon Snow really that short?
    Here's some rabbit hole action for you:

http://celebheights.com/s/Sophie-Turner-47822.html

I think your answer is all of the above.

most celebrities are shorter than you'd think, so when there's one that's average to just slightly tall, they look huge.

It was the angle, Sophie Turner is 5'9" and Kit Harrington is 5'10". The shorties include Rose Leslie at 5'6" and Maisie Williams at 5'.

Emilia Clarke tops out at 5'2".

I always find it disconcerting meeting musicians, they are sooooo much shorter than I anticipate.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am happy to see this thread bumped, as this just popped up in my facebook feed

last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

^^Thats pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    It was the angle, Sophie Turner is 5'9" and Kit Harrington is 5'10". The shorties include Rose Leslie at 5'6" and Maisie Williams at 5'.

Emilia Clarke tops out at 5'2".

I always find it disconcerting meeting musicians, they are sooooo much shorter than I anticipate.
    Kit Harrington is not 5'10". Thats probably his press book height which is 2 or 3 inches taller than his actual height. Common practice in all sports.

From his GQ article:

"That was fucking a lot of work," he says. "I'm five feet eight, and for that guy to be able to do what he does in the film, he's got to look superhuman."

He's still probably rounding up to get to 5'8".
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 06-24-2014 at 10:06 AM.