Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1357

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Well-played jackstraw, but get back to us on that after Sunday night...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Theon's story is a great example of Martin's sense of justice. Everyone wanted to see Theon suffer, but no one wants to see him suffer this much. Even if there is some sort of vindication for the Starks at the end, I doubt it will be the sort that we are used to. Martin loves cruel twists of irony way too much to let this thing go off into the sunset with everyone feeling ok about it
    Seriously. It has gotten to point where I hope Theon dies, not because I hate him anymore... but because I feel sorry for him and he needs to be put out of his misery.

As for the ending, I don't know what the situation is like at the end of book 5... but I think at the end of book 7 (or 8, if what his editor says is true) is that Kings Landing will be a waste land and the ultimate battle will be between The White Walkers and Danny and/ or the god of fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    The series is going to end with Tywin and Cersei and Jaime sitting in a diner, Tyrion will walk in late and then everything will cut to black.
    What song would play on the jukebox?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvny on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i am normally bored with the wall and the hoarse wildling, but i really loved this episode. so much action!
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 06-13-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Here's the latest poster from the Watchers on the Wall:

Watchers on the Wall.jpg
    9/05 Sister Crayon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

So, those who've read the books and think they know what is going to happen this weekend, aren't entirely in the know:

Here thar be a partial SPOILER

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    So, those who've read the books and think they know what is going to happen this weekend, aren't entirely in the know:

Here thar be a partial SPOILER

I'm excited.
    Been obsessing over these tidbits of details all week on the ASOIAF forums. If you have read the books and would like to let me know what you think will be in the finale hit me up with a PM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

My roommate decided to start watching Game of Thrones and so, naturally, we watched the first 5 episodes last night. Damn. So much shit I missed the first time around. I did not at all remember Cersei and Robert had a son before Joffery, and Cersei even mentioned his dark hair. And even after the big reveal a few weeks back, about Lysa being the one to poison Jon Aryyn, I completely forget she was the one sent the letter to Cat accusing the Lanister's of Jon Aryyn's death. Also, so much talk about the Dornish, the Greyjoy's, and some other houses/ names I didn't recognize the first go around. Loris's joke about Stannis having "the personality of a lobster" made me laugh as well.

The thing that perhaps interested me the most this go around, was all this talk about the Shadow Lands. The dragon eggs came from the Shadow Lands, there is talk about a man from Asshai, and Jorah discusses the Dothraki belief that the grass from the Shadow Lands will one day engulf the whole world. Again, I haven't read the books, but I can't help but have this pique my interest and wonder if the Shadow Lands will come into play in a big way. Now, I don't know if this is a spoiler or not (if it is, don't answer the question), but do we know how Illyrio got the Dragon eggs? Did he know they would hatch? And where has he disappeared to!? The last time we saw him was when Arya overheard his conversation with Varys in the dungeons of King's landing.

This might be a stupid question... but is there a clear answer as to who sent the assassin to kill Bran while he was in a coma after Jaimie pushed him out of the window? I seem to remember something happening either in season 3 or 4 to suggest it wasn't actually the Lanister's. Do we have confirmation of this? Or is this something that hasn't been answered in the show?
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

It was in the show, Jamie confronts Cersei about it. She is a heinous bitch as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I've been reading a lot of speculation about this. It seems most people have completely cast out Cersei as a suspect, and most think it was either Joffery or Littlefinger. I guess, technically, it is answered in one of the chapter in one of the books. Tyrion identifies it as Joffery, but Joffery died before Tyrion was ever able to confront him about it, keeping the case open. Some think it is a plot GRRM has abandoned and won't amount to much, some others think the identity of who sent the assassin will be a big reveal, but most seem to think it was Joffery or Littlefinger, with the majority leaning towards Joffery.

If you are curious too, just google "who sent the assassin to kill Bran"

Huh. I could be wrong, but I swear I remember watching a scene that addressed that.
    last.fm

Children Of The Motherfucking Forest. Next season will be elite! I've been saying that for four seasons now
    Upcoming Shows:

Daaaammmnnn. How apropos that the loo was involved.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That episode almost had me in tears. So many characters you just fall in love with (no homo). Still find Daenerys story line so bland right now. Hopefully that shit picks up and they FINALLY get across the sea in the next season or two. Although I know that wont happen. Bran is more exciting than her and he cant even walk...

That was kinda weak. I'm starting to think Stoneheart won't be in the show
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

"Is that any way to speak about our Mother?" Lulzie.

I wonder if there was any significance to Varys backtracking upon hearing the bells to take a seat on that box.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I assumed that the bells signified Tywin Lannister's death (or some kind of grievous crime in general), so he thought it fit to just go along with the ship lest he be found in connection to it in any way.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

It was good, but I am disappoint.
    last.fm

I don't know what the plot twist is that was left out, but I thought this episode was great. Jon's talk with Mace was tense, Stannis arriving at the Wall was exciting, and I really don't like the look Millisandre gave Jon Snow. WTF is going on with Bran? These skeletons? Who is the dude in the tree? Bran will "fly?" A reference to the dragons, perhaps? Speaking of dragons... why did Danny chain the 2 who didn't do anything wrong down before!? They are going to resent her for that. I do not think that is a smart move. Arya leaving The Hound was brutal. The Hound begging for death choked me up. I don't know how... but I hope he survives. Arya going to Bravos, on the other hand, is fucking rad! Also, Tyrion. Holy shit. Shae AND Tywin? Damn. Where is he off to now? And what is up with Varys? Obviously he left because he didn't want to be arrested for Tyrions crime/ assisting Tyrion's escape. But, what will he do now? And where will he go? What has been his game all along? The story has been shaken up big time and I like where it is going.

Are these rhetorical questions?
    last.fm

Yes. Just speaking my thoughts out loud. Definitely not looking for answers/ spoilers.

There is no longer stretch of time than that between a GoT season finale and the first episode of the subsequent season.

ColdHands?

LSH hype also left me disappointed. Tysha, too. Still great TV, though I much preferred the Battle for the Wall.

If they cast Euron, all's forgiven. Especially if it's Dominic West!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    ColdHands?
    two different characters
    Upcoming Shows:

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i just thought no balls wanted one last look at the kingdom to signify his goodbye. i doubt the plan was ever to leave some worth that much to the lanasters alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

that scene inside the tree looked like something out of Carcosa

I don't want any spoilers but whatever LSH was it didn't happen last night, right? I was trying to figure out how the acronym would apply to Tywin's death but I'm now assuming that LSH does not equal Tywin's death. The best I could come up with was LSH = Last Shit Hole.

I enjoyed the episode a lot because I never knew where it was going to go. I thought the Hound was going to win the fight and I really hoped that Arya was going to end up with Sansa by the end. My wife did think the skeleton soldiers/old man in the tree was off the deep end though.

The John Snow v. Melissandre is going to be interesting next season.

So books 4 & 5 are based on the same time frames but are in two different locales? I wonder how they are going to split that up for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    My roommate decided to start watching Game of Thrones and so, naturally, we watched the first 5 episodes last night. Damn. So much shit I missed the first time around. I did not at all remember Cersei and Robert had a son before Joffery, and Cersei even mentioned his dark hair. And even after the big reveal a few weeks back, about Lysa being the one to poison Jon Aryyn, I completely forget she was the one sent the letter to Cat accusing the Lanister's of Jon Aryyn's death. Also, so much talk about the Dornish, the Greyjoy's, and some other houses/ names I didn't recognize the first go around. Loris's joke about Stannis having "the personality of a lobster" made me laugh as well.

The thing that perhaps interested me the most this go around, was all this talk about the Shadow Lands. The dragon eggs came from the Shadow Lands, there is talk about a man from Asshai, and Jorah discusses the Dothraki belief that the grass from the Shadow Lands will one day engulf the whole world. Again, I haven't read the books, but I can't help but have this pique my interest and wonder if the Shadow Lands will come into play in a big way. Now, I don't know if this is a spoiler or not (if it is, don't answer the question), but do we know how Illyrio got the Dragon eggs? Did he know they would hatch? And where has he disappeared to!? The last time we saw him was when Arya overheard his conversation with Varys in the dungeons of King's landing.

This might be a stupid question... but is there a clear answer as to who sent the assassin to kill Bran while he was in a coma after Jaimie pushed him out of the window? I seem to remember something happening either in season 3 or 4 to suggest it wasn't actually the Lanister's. Do we have confirmation of this? Or is this something that hasn't been answered in the show?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvny on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

all the faerie magic shit is a turn off.