Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer + Cars =

Default Beer + Cars =

bad news? How is this a good idea?

Especially if they're allowing us to drink beer and then sleep in our cars/use cars for the A/C....what's to stop some drunk fools from accidentally slipping the car into Drive?

this doesn't sound like a good idea to me

I mean...doesn't having a bunch of cars sitting around and then a case of beer per camper seem like a rough idea? are they going to have some kind of EFFICIENT security there to make sure no idiots do anything they'll regret?
    Last edited by a3s1g1; 02-23-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Beer + Cars =

No one should be using their car for A/C. It's just wrong on so many levels. If you can't hang with the heat, you shouldn't be camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    No one should be using their car for A/C. It's just wrong on so many levels. If you can't hang with the heat, you shouldn't be camping.
    This^^

Plus, people will be in the festival when it starts to really heat up. It will get warm in the morning but not unbearably hot.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

How is this any different than all of the alcohol that is snuck into the campsite and consumed in past years?

The only difference is now you can show the security what you are about to drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

the A/C thing wasn't part of the issue, I just saw it mentioned somewhere else here.

I'm just concerned about the cars chillin in the midst of thousands of campers. sure I'd like to assume everyone will behave themselves in that regard but you never know...ESPECIALLY with the new beer policy

Banned

people will be fine...most people wont use the car for a/c.. some will start their cars and use the a/c at times. i know i have when i have gone to bonnaroo but only when no neighbors are around and only for 5 min and also to keep the battery fresh....

the heat wont be that bad in the AM and by afternoon everyone is at the festival and then at night all is well so i wouldnt worry too much..

take a anti-anxiety pill and enjoy the ride!

The op is right, if you are a complete moron without any self control or brains dont bring in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Being a grown up is hard work!

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

Default Re: Beer + CAAAARRRRRS!!!!!! =

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    How is this any different than all of the alcohol that is snuck into the campsite and consumed in past years?

The only difference is now you can show the security what you are about to drink.
    let me illustrate:

Quote Originally Posted by a3s1g1 View Post
    bad news? How is this a good idea?

Especially if they're allowing us to drink beer and then sleep in our cars/use cars for the A/C....what's to stop some drunk fools from accidentally slipping the car into Drive?

this doesn't sound like a good idea to me

I mean...doesn't having a bunch of cars sitting around and then a case of beer per camper seem like a rough idea? are they going to have some kind of EFFICIENT security there to make sure no idiots do anything they'll regret?
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

Well Bonnaroo has had the same exact fucking policy for almost ten years now and it has never been a problem. God damn some of you are really fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by lickety_spit View Post
    let me illustrate:
    You just illustrated absolutely nothing, are you a retard?
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

Lickety, it still isn't that different than previous years. The only difference is that tents are set up next to the cars. People still drank and sat in their cars running the a/c. If anything, this will actually cut down on drunk driving, as people won't be able to drive into town for breakfast beers.

It's really not that big of a risk. Accidentally putting my car into drive on a flat surface (such as the polo fields) would result in my car not moving very much. I would notice before I hit anything. No one should be drunk enough to not notice their car moving before going into the festival. At night, the engine shouldn't even be on. I don't know why most people are even that excited about car camping, I prefer the old method (well, other than dragging my stuff into/out of the campgrounds)
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    You just illustrated absolutely nothing, are you a retard?
    synonyms for "illustrate":
    allegorize, bring home, clarify, clear, clear up, delineate, depict, disclose, draw a picture, elucidate, emblematize, embody, emphasize, epitomize, evidence, evince, exhibit, explain, expose, expound, get across, get over, highlight, illuminate, imitate, instance, interpret, lay out, limelight, make clear, make plain, manifest, mark, mirror, ostend, personify, picture, point up, portray, proclaim, represent, reveal, show, show and tell, spotlight, symbolize, typify, vivify

i did, in fact, illustrate what was different between camping with alcohol in years past & camping with alcohol this coming year by bolding every mention of cars. are you retarded?
    your ≠ you're

Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    Lickety, it still isn't that different than previous years. The only difference is that tents are set up next to the cars. People still drank and sat in their cars running the a/c. If anything, this will actually cut down on drunk driving, as people won't be able to drive into town for breakfast beers.

It's really not that big of a risk. Accidentally putting my car into drive on a flat surface (such as the polo fields) would result in my car not moving very much. I would notice before I hit anything. No one should be drunk enough to not notice their car moving before going into the festival. At night, the engine shouldn't even be on. I don't know why most people are even that excited about car camping, I prefer the old method (well, other than dragging my stuff into/out of the campgrounds)
    i couldn't give 2 shits flying fish about the addition of cars in the campground. someone asked what the difference was between camping prior to 2010 & camping in 2010. i referred back to the original post to point out what the difference was. you guys are really fucking dense just a bunch of good people.
    Last edited by lickety_spit; 02-24-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    your ≠ you're

there you go again

I don't know why most people are even that excited about car camping, I prefer the old method (well, other than dragging my stuff into/out of the campgrounds)
    I agree, because I'd rather smuggle in the booze and be able to drive in/out when i feel like it. It's mainly for Thursday. Get camp set up and leave for awhile. Once Friday comes along, I haven't left much (a few mornings I have), but it's still nice to have the option. If they somehow open up another parking lot for campers, I'm leaving my car out of the campsite.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I disagree with the OP, but adding cars to the equation raises the risk of people getting run over accidentally, even w/o the addition of alcohol. I mean, is this not obvious? Wherever there are cars there is the constant risk of someone getting run over, especially when those cars are parked in close proximity to where people are sleeping on the ground.
    Last edited by greghead; 02-23-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Yeah, I can't wait get to ran over at 4am.

i couldn't give 2 shits about the addition of cars in the campground. someone asked what the difference was between camping prior to 2010 & camping in 2010. i referred back to the original post to point out what the difference was. you guys are really fucking dense.
    Feather used a rhetorical question to show that camping isn't much different by adding cars, there has always been booze. You didn't understand it. I elaborated by saying people still drank in the parking lot. You still didn't understand. I'm done.

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

So assuming that very few people, drunk or non drunk, are going to be moving their cars after entering the festival the equation must look something like this?

Blacked out drunk person is in car either to sleep or to use the AC for some reason + has keys in the ignition + somehow puts the car into drive without realizing it + your tent right in front of said car = you becoming coachella lawn food

Somehow I think you have a better chance getting in a fatal accident with a drunk driver on your way to the festival.

synonyms for "illustrate":
    allegorize, bring home, clarify, clear, clear up, delineate, depict, disclose, draw a picture, elucidate, emblematize, embody, emphasize, epitomize, evidence, evince, exhibit, explain, expose, expound, get across, get over, highlight, illuminate, imitate, instance, interpret, lay out, limelight, make clear, make plain, manifest, mark, mirror, ostend, personify, picture, point up, portray, proclaim, represent, reveal, show, show and tell, spotlight, symbolize, typify, vivify

i did, in fact, illustrate what was different between camping with alcohol in years past & camping with alcohol this coming year by bolding every mention of cars. are you retarded?
    Highlight, illuminate, spotlight, point up...... So you illustrated the word car in your post by bolding that word you fucking idiot?? If you are fucking retarded and would have a chance of putting your car in drive while sleeping or just being a drunken retard, then dont bring your fucking car into the campsite. Ive never accidentally put a car into drive in my entire life.
    Last edited by djandrews25; 02-23-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Feather used a rhetorical question to show that camping isn't much different by adding cars, there has always been booze. You didn't understand it. I elaborated by saying people still drank in the parking lot. You still didn't understand. I'm done.
    don't tell me what i don't understand, jackass. who gives a shit if people drank in the parking lot & then drove before? there weren't tents adjacent to the cars before.
    your ≠ you're

Highlight, illuminate, spotlight, point up...... So you illustrated the word car in your post by bolding that word you fucking idiot?? If you are fucking retarded and would have a chance of putting your car in drive while sleeping or just being a drunken retard, then dont bring your fucking car into the campsite. Ive never accidentally put a car into drive in my entire life.
    yes, because that is what's different about camping this year. alcohol is not different. why don't you get it?
    and i don't think putting a car into drive when you're drunk would necessarily have to be an accident, just poor judgment. congratulations on not having ever done it, anyway.
    i don't know why you're in such a twist about this exchange. i know it's not even going to happen. there's just more of a possibility than there has been in the past.
    your ≠ you're

You didnt illuminate alcohol douche you clearly were pointing out cars in that post, and every fucking year alcohol was always around. I had 3 handles of hard alcohol in last year. The huge difference is that we are going to be able to drink beer?

You didnt illuminate alcohol douche you clearly were pointing out cars in that post, and every fucking year alcohol was always around. I had 3 handles of hard alcohol in last year. The huge difference is that we are going to be able to drink beer?
    no, no, no. that's the opposite of what i said. you are exhausting me!
    your ≠ you're

don't tell me what i don't understand, jackass. who gives a shit if people drank in the parking lot & then drove before? there weren't tents adjacent to the cars before.
    You're the only person on this board that I am convinced is actually retarded. I acknowledged that, and dismissed it. People still did that, and there have never been any problems. I would expect to hear about car accidents and run over pedestrians if there has ever been a problem with drunk people and their vehicles. Until this post, I didn't personally attack you to try to make my point, you fucking douche bag. Have fun being retarded.

okay!
    your ≠ you're

Hey look, if a bunch of Phish fans at Bonnaroo can handle this without fucking things up beyond belief, I think we're pretty much in the clear.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

You're the only person on this board that I am convinced is actually retarded. I acknowledged that, and dismissed it. People still did that, and there have never been any problems. I would expect to hear about car accidents and run over pedestrians if there has ever been a problem with drunk people and their vehicles. Until this post, I didn't personally attack you to try to make my point, you fucking douche bag. Have fun being retarded.
    You vastly underestimate this board

I stand by my statement.