Thread: Question about layaway payments for tickets..

Default Question about layaway payments for tickets..

So I bought the tickets on layaway the last week of Jan. I was charged the 10% + fees immediately and then 50% of the balance on Feb. 8th. So now I'm confused because the wording on the site says "the first week of the month". Should I expect to be charged in March on the 8th again or on the 1st (which is a monday).
    I ask only because it's in between paychecks and i need to know if I should act like I'm broke next week or the week after. I don't want to get an OD fee or have the charge declined. No hiccups allowed!

Default Re: Question about layaway payments for tickets..

From my experience this year and last. It could be up until the 8th before they charge you. Just make sure you have money in your bank, GV isn't responsible for your inability to stay in the black.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

what is confusing about the wording "the first week of the month"?

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    what is confusing about the wording "the first week of the month"?
    maybe, just maybe that february 8th doesn't fall on the first week of february.

however, OP, GV probably did charge your acct the 1st week of feb & funds just didn't happen to come out until feb 8th. don't spend frivolously until the next payment is deducted.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

Initially they said my third payment would be due on April 1st but now when I log into my account it says its due march 1st? wtf is up with that?
    The White Stripes 9/18

and while we're on the subject...... can we make the payment early? I have the money now, but i don't want to put it in my bank account for fear that they'll jack 25 bucks from me for some fucking fee i never know about but is said to be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Initially they said my third payment would be due on April 1st
    that is not true.. we initially said the first week of march. it is on the website page that you had to go through to order the tickets in the first place.

we do apologize for the email that generated after with wrong info. dont know why it had that on there.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    and while we're on the subject...... can we make the payment early? I have the money now, but i don't want to put it in my bank account for fear that they'll jack 25 bucks from me for some fucking fee i never know about but is said to be justified.
    as mentioned on the layaway page, that multiple people do not read, if you go in and make a payment it might result in you being double charged. payments are automated.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

sorry and thank you : )

I tried to pay early because i wasn't sure I was going to have enough money in my account the first week of march and it charged me twice. Is there any way to fix this or did i just pay an extra $134.50?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jakage View Post
    I tried to pay early because i wasn't sure I was going to have enough money in my account the first week of march and it charged me twice. Is there any way to fix this or did i just pay an extra $134.50?
    I just got charged twice....but not because I paid early....I called the goldenvoice customer service line just to verify why the money was not taken out on march 1st Monday....the dimwit csr guy told me that they had tried to put the payment throug but it was declined.so he went ahead and charged my card...WHICH I had the money for....now I checked my acct this morning and they had charged me again.....WTF luckily I work for the bank that my accounts at and OD fees aren't the fees...but there's still the matter of them charging me twice because of the idiotic customer service guy. I'm calling up to get my cash back today.

Quote Originally Posted by jakage View Post
    yeah, the layaway page said NOT to do that because you may be charged twice and that you may be shit outta luck in terms of a refund. you pretty much agreed to those terms when you agreed to purchase tickets via layaway. good luck, though.

"All payments are automated. Do NOT make a manual payment or it may result in your order being paid in full and there will be no refund issued."

now my question, how were you not sure you'd have enough money? if you know you will be needing that money the first week of march then why not just leave it alone?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-03-2010 at 07:16 AM.

my final payment has been listed as "pending" on my bank statement since the morning of the 1st... it can't be waiting on me, the money is there, why doesn't it just go through?

I think someone is lying about something here because I paid early just because I had extra money, ( I know Awesome when you just have extra Money), and I did not get charged on March 1st or get double charged anything like that, It says my account is paid in full and I'm good to go, I guess I got to start the 100th thread about when my tickets will get here now.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    as mentioned on the layaway page, that multiple people do not read, if you go in and make a payment it might result in you being double charged. payments are automated.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    my final payment has been listed as "pending" on my bank statement since the morning of the 1st... it can't be waiting on me, the money is there, why doesn't it just go through?
    Mine has also been pending for 4 days, but this is completely normal. This is how credit/debit transactions usually work, welcome to electronic banking. If the money is there, you will be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard