Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumbershoot 2010 (Seattle, WA)

Default Bumbershoot 2010 (Seattle, WA)

Alright, on the heels of the Sasquatch and Wanderlust releases, here's a thread to another West Coast festival.... Bumbershoot!

September 4-7, 2010... presumably at the Seattle Center. Only one band seems to be confirmed.... Neon Indian! I plan on attending, so I'll update here as bands/comedians/artists/etc. are confirmed.

Since Neon Indian didn't make the Coachella cut, (but tore it up on Fallon) this (or Sasquatch) might be an opportunity to see 'em.

I'll also update when early tickets are available...

old school

Default Re: Bumbershoot 2010 (Seattle, WA)

Always wanted to go to tha Bumbershoot! NEON REVERB in the works here in Vegas! Possible Wolf Parade as headliners. Setting Fremont Street!

old school

I might be able to make this one work as well before I enter first year of school.... lets hope

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Since Neon Indian didn't make the Coachella cut, (but tore it up on Fallon)
    I was watching that the other night, I felt like I was watching a really gay School of Rock. But at the same time, it was kinda great.
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

bumpershoot = boring shoot. its not a destination festival at all its just....an event here in seattle. nothing to get excited about
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    bumpershoot = boring shoot. its not a destination festival at all its just....an event here in seattle. nothing to get excited about
    Well, for me, the CITY is the destination, the festival is the bonus. I love Seattle, and my wife has never been (Los Angeles lifer, except grad school). So, it'll be nice to show off the town and enjoy the music, comedy, so forth.

Plus, if the headliners have value (Soundgarden alone would make it worth my while), it's not bad. If they go the route of last year (Sheryl Crow, Jason Mraz) and pull DMB or Jack Johnson.... fuck that. But if they go with a Beck/Stone Temple Pilots* type year, I'd be down for that. Maybe a Soundgarden/Flaming Lips or Faith No More/Wilco or some craziness. If it's two acousta-rockers, I'm out.

*Although I thought STP sucked at Voodoo, so I'm glad they won't be going back to THAT well in 2010.

yeah i must confess i went to all 3 days on the beck/deathcab/stp year but i alos didnt go the 2 years before and didnt go last year. so really its hit and miss

I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.

Same weekend as ATP NY. ATP wins.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Same weekend as ATP NY. ATP wins.
    I dunno - when I go to NYC, I don't wanna hang out with a bunch of hippies, I want to hit Broadway and dine in style!

No offense to hippies intended.

NYC is also most definitely not drive-able. Seattle... maybe.

I dunno - when I go to NYC, I don't wanna hang out with a bunch of hippies, I want to hit Broadway and dine in style!

No offense to hippies intended.

NYC is also most definitely not drive-able. Seattle... maybe.
    ATP NY isn't very close to NYC.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    ATP NY isn't very close to NYC.
    It's closer to NYC than Coachella is to LA! If I'm flying into NYC, I'm staying in NYC, that's all I'm saying. Too much to do in that city to blow it off for a festival (for my tastes).

It's 2 hours away from NYC. In upstate NY.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quick update - if you're potentially interested in Bumbershoot, go to their website and sign up as a "Bumberfan" - apparently the early tickets (much cheaper) might be going on sale to Bumberfans THIS WEEK. And register with an e-mail you actually check!

I will update here when they go on sale, of course.

Bumbershoot is the worst festival I have ever been to. And I've been multiple times. Why multiple times? It used to be free. It was worth stopping by when it was free. It was worth stopping by when it was 10-15 bucks and someone neat was playing. It is no longer worth stopping by. Even when someone neat is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Bumbershoot is the worst festival I have ever been to. And I've been multiple times. Why multiple times? It used to be free. It was worth stopping by when it was free. It was worth stopping by when it was 10-15 bucks and someone neat was playing. It is no longer worth stopping by. Even when someone neat is playing.
    Guess you're not going then.

There are a hundred thousand folks who still think it's worth going to, this thread is for those people who happen to also be Coachella fans.

For other opposite opinions, search "bumbershoot" on Twitter and you'll find countless people talking about how great the festival is. For $100 and a trip to Seattle, I'm willing to make up my own mind.

I'm willing to make up my own mind.
    Stop the presses.

It was $60 last year (presale) for a 3-day pass and certainly a good deal.

I'll be there again come rain or shine.

For $100 and a trip to Seattle, I'm willing to make up my own mind.
    Well, have fun at Bumbershit, we wont miss you. And I doubt Seattle is a better destination city than say, oh, Chicago (Pitchfork Festival) or Barcelona (Primavera Sound)

is pitchfork really the same weekend as bumbershoot? i wish pitchfork fest was here. that lineup is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well, have fun at Bumbershit, we wont miss you. And I doubt Seattle is a better destination city than say, oh, Chicago (Pitchfork Festival) or Barcelona (Primavera Sound)
    Nah, Seattle is a better destination than Chicago for sure... Barcelona... probably not (but flights are way cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    Eh, people going to bumbershoot think it is a top music festival is in for a big disappointment. You take it for what it is..a music and arts festival. One of the few places where you can listen to a lecture from Dian Fossey in one hour..and then walk about 10 minutes and hear Beck on the main stage..then go to the comedy tent for some comedy..then maybe to the film pavilion to watch a first showing movie.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Bumbershoot is the worst festival I have ever been to. And I've been multiple times. Why multiple times? It used to be free. .
    Why go (even if it was free) if you didn't enjoy yourself?

I worked for a non profit that showed there a couple years... A couple times I was strung along with friends... And because I'm a sap.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Who the fuck said Seattle was a better destination than Chicago (Where I'm going for Lollapalooza again this year) or Barcelona? Seattle is a beautiful, modern town, just like Chicago, and I don't make my festival decisions based on comparing towns - they all have something to offer. Except Indio.

All-New Ticket Options for 2010

You've given us great feedback, and now we're giving you the two new ticket options you clamored for.

The Bumbershoot Standard Ticket is a familiar friend, but this ticket has a trick up its sleeve… it's also your Mainstage Ticket. That's right! Guaranteed Mainstage access as part of your Bumbershoot Ticket, at essentially the same price as last year ($40 advance/$50 at gate). No more showing up early, waiting in line, and more time for everything Bumbershoot!

And for our fans who spend their days away from the Mainstage, we've created the Bumbershoot Economy Ticket. We've lowered the ticket price! That's right. Just $22 per day ($30 at gate) gets you in, so come on down and spend the day exploring with us. The only catch: this ticket won't let you in the Mainstage, but we're pretty sure you'll be too busy to notice.

PLUS, kids 10 and under get in FREE to the Festival grounds, so bring the whole family! Free kids admission doesn't include the Mainstage, but there's plenty else for a kid to do at Bumbershoot.

We'll start rolling out the Bumbershoot 2010 lineup later this spring, so keep a close eye on your inbox. The Insider Deal 3-Day Pass, as well as Platinum and Gold Passes, are on sale now, and these new single-day tickets will go on sale once the by-day schedule is published in June. Read more about Bumbershoot ticket options.
    Get in on the Insider Deal Before It's Too Late

Save over 25% off the regular admission price: $110 gets you all three days, guaranteed Mainstage, and access to more music and arts than you can handle (or at least conceivably see in just three days). There will be NO standard 3-day pass sold to the public—only this Insider Deal for our loyal BumberFans!

The Insider Deal is on right now, exclusively at bumbershoot.org. Just use your special access code: MAINSTAGE to save! This offer is limited, and once the 3-day passes are gone, they're gone for GOOD… so don't put it off or you'll kick yourself later.
    Platinum & Gold Passes Are on Sale

Do you want to experience Bumbershoot like a VIP?
    With a Platinum or Gold Pass you can. As a Platinum or Gold Pass holder you’ll enjoy special VIP access to the Mainstage, reserved seating, and an exclusive, air-conditioned lounge with light refreshments, indoor restrooms, and more! Platinum Pass Holders also enjoy VIP access to seven indoor venues (including comedy and the ultra-exclusive Music Lounge)! What are you waiting for? You deserve it.

Fresh from the Blog

Let's Talk Tickets
    Having trouble deciding what ticket is right for you? Pop on over to our Fresh Blog and read up on the ticket options. Leave a comment, ask a question, get an answer.

Meet the Designer
    And you may have noticed (how on Earth could you have missed it!?!) we've rolled out our new look for Bumbershoot 2010. So, pack your bags, campers! We're headed out and in to the wilderness, because Camp Bumbershoot will be in session this Labor Day weekend. We'll have ways for you to collect your merit badges all summer long, and they'll be much more fun than helping some old lady across the street. Get to know this year's campaign designer, the young, talented and local (!) Chelsea Conboy.

Go Green

Offset Your Travel When You Buy
    Purchase a Carbon Offset with your Insider Deal Tickets or Platinum and Gold Pass and our offset partner Green Mountain Energy Company will purchase 300 kilo-watt hours of power on your behalf. Each carbon offset purchased offsets the equivalent of 400 pounds of CO2 avoided. That's like not driving your car 460 miles, recycling 160 pounds of newspaper, or planting 25 trees. Pretty amazing, right? You really can make a difference.

Bumbershoot.org
    I went to all three days last year and I found it to be an enjoyable experience. Granted, I wouldn't consider it a destination festival either, nonetheless it really isn't as bad as others here have purported it to be.
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Well, I bought my passes, and I'll go unless the acts are terrible... which they might well be. A weekend in Seattle is a great experience, and if there's some solid comedy and music acts, it's worth the trip.

However, if DMB is on the marquee, I'm not gonna be there.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

You're safe on that. Dave always does a three day residency at the Gorge right around then. Chances of his playing Bumbershoot are virtually zero.

Well, I bought my passes, and I'll go unless the acts are terrible... which they might well be. A weekend in Seattle is a great experience, and if there's some solid comedy and music acts, it's worth the trip.

However, if DMB is on the marquee, I'm not gonna be there.
    DMB usually finishes off his tour at the Gorge doesn't he?

Pavement are playing in Vancouver on September 7.

Consider Pavement a lock to headline Monday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.