Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you or your friends ever snuck in?

Default Have you or your friends ever snuck in?

Hi. Going to Coachella popped up very late on my radar. Seeing as how I can't afford to buy a ticket and assuming I don't get accepted to volunteer, I'll be sneaking in. Have you ever done this, or do you have friends that have done it? I know one is supposed to have a wristband, do you foresee it being possible to sneak in and see one band without getting caught?

If you want to explain to me how I am stupid/horrible/despicable I am I would recommend saving your cognitive resources and time.

Thanks for any useful feedback provided, or any hilarious insults you feel compelled to conjure up.

Default Re: Have you or your friends ever snuck in?

If I see anyone sneaking in, I'll track you down, beat you, drug you with so much ketamine you'll be catatonic and then toss you in the sahara tent.

You are going to pay to get it, one way or another.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Damn dude, I've already bought my pass and I'll support "seriously" if he actually is able to sneak in.....whats you problem GuyinTucson...

When I went to Coachella in 07 two of my buddies found two of those yellow security jackets on the ground and they got to go backstage to all of the acts and they went into a lot of forbidden areas

Last year i saw some marines tackle people down that tried to sneak in. If you've ever been to Coachella you must know that it looks to be very hard to do. The Polo Fields have so much around them before you get to the fence you would have to jump to actually enter the festival that it makes it very very hard, this isn't EDC. If you succeed congratulations, if you get caught HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Damn dude, I've already bought my pass and I'll support "seriously" if he actually is able to sneak in.....whats you problem GuyinTucson...

When I went to Coachella in 07 two of my buddies found two of those yellow security jackets on the ground and they got to go backstage to all of the acts and they went into a lot of forbidden areas
    Maybe it's because everyone else is having to shell out $300....

Maybe because some idiot is actually asking this question on the Coachella board....

Maybe I am just an angry person...

Maybe I just am killing time posting nonsense....

Plus, with wristbands this year, good luck sneaking in and not getting kicked out.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-27-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Last year I saw security release wild hyenas at the entrance to make sure no one snuck in.

I saw a couple of guys do it last year by the entrance. If I recall they hopped over the fence where the lockers to the left were and jumped down and ran right into the crowd. It was the highlight of my first 5 mintues there.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I met a guy inside who snuck in last year. His knee was scratched up and his shirt was ripped from his first failed attempt. I guess he got tackled the first time and made it in the second try.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Last year i saw some marines tackle people down that tried to sneak in. If you've ever been to Coachella you must know that it looks to be very hard to do. The Polo Fields have so much around them before you get to the fence you would have to jump to actually enter the festival that it makes it very very hard, this isn't EDC. If you succeed congratulations, if you get caught HAHA!
    Were they a group of Marines that came for the show? That's some real douchebag behavior, not to mention fairly stupid when you consider the consequences of violent crime.

@GuyInTuscon: I know this is a dick move, but I'd rather be a dick who got to see a rare concert than an outstanding individual bored at home wishing he got the shit kicked out of him.

Marines awaiting training are not marines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Marines awaiting training are not marines.
    Why do you think they were awaiting training? Marines doing something that stupid make me wonder why they're ("they" being the perpetrators of stupid actions, not ALL Marines) allowed to handle lethal weapons.

if you get caught sneaking in I have no problem with security or marines beating the shit out of you
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

my friend snuck in. just ran right past the entrance area.

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    if you get caught sneaking in I have no problem with security or marines beating the shit out of you
    Why?

I've seen people sneaking into festivals. Each day at Outside Lands I would see people jumping over fences, dispersing and then throwing off their shirts. In fact, my friends only wanted to go if they could sneak in.

I am coming from SF to see this, so I would never consider sneaking in. But I got a kick from that story about your friends getting a security jacket, I would abuse the shit out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by freshdirect View Post
    my friend snuck in. just ran right past the entrance area.
    That's my last ditch idea, put on a balaclava and just fucking sprint. Pretty sure I can outrun any of their security team, given that every show I go to they're always 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Why?
    It's part of the catch.

Me, personally, I could care less what you do.

But I am paying the full price so I don't have to sketch over getting in or not. By not paying the ticket price, you are choosing a 50/50 shot of getting in or getting tackled by security.

Honestly, I wish you the best of luck. It does not affect me in the least. But if you get caught, don't complain that security beat your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikFlyingV View Post
    I've seen people sneaking into festivals. Each day at Outside Lands I would see people jumping over fences, dispersing and then throwing off their shirts. In fact, my friends only wanted to go if they could sneak in.

I am coming from SF to see this, so I would never consider sneaking in. But I got a kick from that story about your friends getting a security jacket, I would abuse the shit out of that.
    Ya, I was going to try to sneak into Outside Lands but had to work that night. I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to see Conor Oberst (and likely never will in his Mystic Valley/Bright Eyes form).

P.S. Outside Lands and this festival are the only things I've ever contemplated sneaking into, besides this I always buy tickets.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Well, it's going to be much easier getting caught this year seeing that everybody is supposed to be wearing a wristband all weekend now.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

cr*****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

i had a couple friends sneak in last year. right at the point of entry, a bunch of people hopped the fence to sneak in, so my friends jumped in the crowd. instead of running away once they were inside, they walked. all of the security guards went running right passed them towards the crowd that was running away. they just got REALLY lucky.

Why do you think they were awaiting training? Marines doing something that stupid make me wonder why they're ("they" being the perpetrators of stupid actions, not ALL Marines) allowed to handle lethal weapons.
    Because every one of them I talked to/overheard were babbling about going off to basic training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Why?
    People sneaking in/hopping fences are a huge liability risk for promoters. One person falling while trying to jump the fence can ruin a festival because they can be held liable for negligence and therefore uninsurable from that point on. The company I work for does the insurance for Another Planet (Outsidelands, Treasure Island, etc) and morons like you just dont understand... How about you put an effort into managing and saving your money better instead of trying to figure out ways around it?
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Because every one of them I talked to/overheard were babbling about going off to basic training.
    They're extra fucking retarded. They could have lost their slot for getting charged with battery. Totally worth the trade off though, who cares if they don't get to be the idealistic grunt they've always dreamed about, they sure showed that punk!

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

My friend snuck in last year Saturday and Sunday. And found a camping pass and VIP wristband. Lucky son of a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

At Lolla, Grant Park borders regular sidewalks, so people just hop the fence every year. Seems like a terrible idea unless you really only want to see ONE day - since they don't have camping, etc.

At Voodoo, seems like there's ALWAYS someone with a bunch of wristbands (presumably stolen), selling them for cheap... like $40 on a $135 ticket. Still, it's not worth it to me to take the chance on missing out.... and they deserve the money, since someone's gotta set this thing up and pay all the artists.

I get the whole young and dumb thing, though. I woulda done it 10 years ago just to see if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    People sneaking in/hopping fences are a huge liability risk for promoters. One person falling while trying to jump the fence can ruin a festival because they can be held liable for negligence and therefore uninsurable from that point on. The company I work for does the insurance for Another Planet (Outsidelands, Treasure Island, etc) and morons like you just dont understand... How about you put an effort into managing and saving your money better instead of trying to figure out ways around it?
    Are you seriously telling me that people falling off fences and injuring themselves seriously enough to need any form of medical attention, much less medical attention that gets documented, such as hospitalization, is a problem plaguing festival's ability to get insured? I don't believe that shit for a second. I cannot fathom any possible way for an individual to fall off a six-foot fence and break a bone or require other attention that can only be provided by a professional.

It's not a money management issue, it's a I'm-in-college-and-have-to-pay-my-own-way-and-all-my-work-money-goes-to-rent-books-and-the-likes issue.

^He said it was a liability, which it clearly is.

Post Re: Have you or your friends ever snuck in?

<---never snuck in
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

It's not a money management issue, it's a I'm-in-college-and-have-to-pay-my-own-way-and-all-my-work-money-goes-to-rent-books-and-the-likes issue.
    boohoo :tear: