Thread: Acoustic Guitar Learning ...

Exclamation Acoustic Guitar Learning ...

Is it to learn acoustic guitar? I've tried to pick up bass long long ago, so I have a very crude understanding of how a guitar works.

Lately, I've been getting all these great idea's of songs in my head (and I have a basic mastery of reading/writing music) but I can't exactly put it into song without the proper tools. So I've decided to teach myself to play acoustic guitar,

so, those of you guitar junkies/veterans any tips/pointers? Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to the brand of acoustic to pick up that'd be more than welcome.

Please bear in mind that I don't work because I'm just like that and I don't have all that much money (part of the reason why I'm teaching myself after all) but I don't care about that stuff, I just want to make music.

Suggestions, points, advice, anything?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: Acoustic Guitar Learning ...

Slow your roll, chief.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Doubtless, if you want to master the art of the acoustic guitar, then you're going to have to ditch Playa del Carmen Boutique Hotels, because they're holding you back and limiting your creativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Start practicing, mimic something off The Bends and put some calluses on those fingers.

Hi.. This is my first post...

To beginners, play an acoustic guitar is a little harder, He/She must pluck the string carefully, one by one.. But I believe that you've experienced with Bass, so it is no problem. To learn accoustic guitar you can watch video on youtube for free. If you don't mind, you can check this information.
    (mods please delete this post if I violate the rule)

Regards
    Campbell
    Last edited by Campbellz; 04-18-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbellz View Post
    Hi.. This is my first post...

To beginners, play an acoustic guitar is a little harder, He/She must pluck the string carefully, one by one.. But I believe that you've experienced with Bass, so it is no problem. To learn accoustic guitar you can watch video on youtube for free. If you don't mind, you can check this information.
    (mods please delete this post if I violate the rule)

Regards
    Campbell
    Delete.

Ban.

Exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

i want to beat you with a pitch pipe
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Your best bet for learning acoustic guitar, without taking private lessons, is to check out this place: http://tinyurl.com/yhdyh7d ... it is a goldmine of information related to your interests

also, if you are serious about learning, and want a great quality guitar with good action and a great sound, I suggest picking up a Taylor: http://www.taylorguitars.com/

Elixir strings (which come standard on Taylors -or- u can purchase them for about $10 to $15 a set) are really easy on your fingers, have less noise, and last a lot longer than standard strings

Banned

Hows about, instead of being another talentless ass of a douche playing an acoustic guitar, you just fuckin off yourself instead?

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    Hows about, instead of being another talentless ass of a douche playing an acoustic guitar, you just fuckin off yourself instead?

or you could do this... i highly recommend it. u'd be an hero ftw!