Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Rage fans

Default Tell me about Rage fans

Everyone is talking on here about how bad the Rage fans are or how they are worried about the Rage fans. Someone enlighten me on what to expect. A bunch of skinny kids trying to make a pit? Or a bunch of guys hanging onto old glory starting fires? I'm confused. I have seen some pretty rough pits, just didn't think Rage would qualify as potentially something bad.

Default Re: Tell me about Rage fans

watch the video for "Bulls On Parade" on Youtube. Or view some of the massive mosh pits of Woodstock 99 on Youtube. I expect it may end up looking similar to that during RATM's set at Coachella.

Watched the video. Looks like a lot of jumping straight up and down by teenagers.

EGGS ACTLY
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Rage fans are like any other music fans, each one has different tastes, likes, and dislikes.

I guess that kinda plays into the whole "everybody is different" thing that hardly anyone here seems to understand.
    Hugs are free.

Why is this such an issue? I expect it to be similar to the Tool scenario from last year.

it's the same each year ... i swear! two years ago it was NIN, last year it was TOOL, and now is RATM ... so it all comes down to what people like and dislike, and as i just said it's all the same, everybody thinks that hell will break loose ... i believe that instead, they should think that at Coachella, being the kind of festival that it is, everybody is out to have a good time and that everything is going to be cool.
    "What a horrible noise the plebs make when they're happy"...

I AGREE WE SHOULD ALL HAVE AN AWESOME TIME AT RAGE EXCEPT THOSE STUPID EMO **** THEY SHOULD CUT THEIR WRISTS OR I WILL DO IT FOR THEM.

ahem.

People that were there in 99 told me that rage fans started fires.

Because when Rage was announced this board saw an influx of idotic
    Rage fans.

True, but nothing is going to happen.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    I AGREE WE SHOULD ALL HAVE AN AWESOME TIME AT RAGE EXCEPT THOSE STUPID EMO **** THEY SHOULD CUT THEIR WRISTS OR I WILL DO IT FOR THEM.

ahem.
    And a pure example of the idiotic Rage fans of old. Narrow minded and not the brightest of folks in general. I've seen them perform and their fans are on par with the Tool heads. I intend on keeping away from the main stage at that point; everyone who doesn't want to deal with them will do the same and it hopefully shouldn't be much of an issue. Now if they pull any of the same they did at Woodstock then it could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by plastickman View Post
    And a pure example of the idiotic Rage fans of old. Narrow minded and not the brightest of folks in general. I've seen them perform and their fans are on par with the Tool heads. I intend on keeping away from the main stage at that point; everyone who doesn't want to deal with them will do the same and it hopefully shouldn't be much of an issue. Now if they pull any of the same they did at Woodstock then it could get ugly.
    glad I got my impression of rage fans across.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Because when Rage was announced this board saw an influx of idotic
    Rage fans.
    I'd say idiotic CRYBABIES.....
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

People are exaggerating.

It'll be a bit like the Prodigy crowd when they played the main stage before Oasis with some extra intensity.

No one is starting fires or stabbing people.

This isn't Ozzfest.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Quote Originally Posted by NAcademy93 View Post
    Everyone is talking on here about how bad the Rage fans are or how they are worried about the Rage fans. Someone enlighten me on what to expect. A bunch of skinny kids trying to make a pit? Or a bunch of guys hanging onto old glory starting fires? I'm confused. I have seen some pretty rough pits, just didn't think Rage would qualify as potentially something bad.
    I like Rage, but not a fanatic.

Rage fanatics are as harmless as My Chemical Romance fans.

Biggest concern is they behave like Tool fans last year. Booing, sitting down, chanting Tool Tool Tool during Massive Attacks set prior to Tool. Acting like a jackass will not bring the band on any sooner. I am just hoping they have more respect this year.

I agree, I'm not too worried about the set itself, I just hope that the fans don't act like assholes during other bands' sets. I think they'd put Manu Chao before them, since they have enough energy and political outrage for the Rage fans to not be too bored. But if they put, say, Air before Rage, then things will get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'd say idiotic CRYBABIES.....
    your cool for steriotyping.

oh wait.

because you know everyone who like rage and is going to see rage is the same right?

to the best of my knowledge, rage fans did not start the fires at ws99 ... i was there and the trouble really started on the first day ...kids ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by AllPowerToThePeople View Post
    your cool for steriotyping.

oh wait.

because you know everyone who like rage and is going to see rage is the same right?
    is that CRYBABY-ING I sense? I think so.....

SERIOUSLY. All the whining from the rage fans is getting old. Not everyone likes them. I'm personally not even able to go on Sunday so I don't give a rat's ass if they play or not.

My favorite band played last year-they got ripped left and right on here-but that was their opinion and that was fine. If you love rage so much and you want to have your dick sucked constantly about how great they are, I'm sure they have a message board you can visit. Otherwise, if someone doesn't like your band, well, it's a free country. Deal with it.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Talking Re: Tell me about Rage fans

I expect sheer pandamonium!I am going to take it upon myself to turn Coachella into the 99 seattle wto confrence. Anything short of that will be a disapointment.If you dont want any part of it stay the hell in the sahara tent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plastickman View Post
    Rage played Friday at woodstock 99. All went well. A little nuts but there's a place in the crowd for everyone. All the bad shit at WS 99 happened Sunday, 24 hrs after Rage played. In fact the worst of it was during RHCP. Maybe we should be scared of their set, in case "those people" show up.

RAGE RULES ALL, RAGE fans are ppl with left-wing ideas

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    is that CRYBABY-ING I sense? I Otherwise, if someone doesn't like your band, well, it's a free country. Deal with it.

?? i never said you couldnt dislike a band i liked i said you shouldnt sterotype all rage fans as the same you dumb fuck.

anyways for all u pussies worried about the Rage fans, grow a pair, its not like its gonna be like most of the atreyu concerts ive been to ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    to the best of my knowledge, rage fans did not start the fires at ws99 ... i was there and the trouble really started on the first day ...kids ..... cr****

I was talking about Coachella 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    If you dont want any part of it stay the hell in the sahara tent!!!
    So sick of reading this as the standard quote for those that don't want to watch RATM...you people need to realize there are 4 other stages, not just the Sahara tent, with music happening while RATM is on the main stage...oh wait thats right, you still can't comprehend ITS A FESTIVAL not a RATM concert.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Actually I'll be willing to bet that 65% of the crowd will be there to see RATM on sunday thus making it a Rage show. And if you dont wanna be in the Sahara tent YOU could always go fuck yourself!!!! "Anger is a Gift!"

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Actually I'll be willing to bet that 65% of the crowd will be there to see RATM on sunday thus making it a Rage show. And if you dont wanna be in the Sahara tent YOU could always go fuck yourself!!!! "Anger is a Gift!"
    obviously you have this hard on for the Sahara Tent. Maybe ill choose the outdoor theatre, or the Gobi Tent or maybe even the Mojave tent...see HOLY FUCKING SHIT....3 other options than the Sahara AND the main stage...can it be.
    Believe me im more than happy for you RATM lovers getting to have your collective orgasm on that Sunday but JEEBUS....
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

I am very aware of the multiple stages,this isnt my first year going.The sahara tent is where I would thats the only reason why I mentioned it. You dont have to be a dick......P.S. Rage is going to FUCKING DESTROY the main stage!