Thread: Marina & The Diamonds?

Default Marina & The Diamonds?

I'm listening to her album right now, and she seems Coachella-worthy day-player. What is the consensus on her among us music snobs? Yay or nay?
    Coachella '10
    The Muse/Gorillaz/Peter Gabriel/Soundgarden/Basement Jaxx/Royksopp/The Very Best/Atlas Sound/Antlers/Camera Obscura/The XX/Roisin Murphy/JJ/Suckers/Girls/LCD Soundsystem/Bloody Beetroots/Goldfrapp/Fatboy Slim & David Byrne/Broken Bell/Phoenix/Fever Ray/Dirty Projectors/Lady Gaga/Japandroids/Chromeo/St. Vincent/Micachu and the Shapes/Numero#/Devo/Scissor Sisters/Wild Beasts

Default Re: Marina & The Diamonds?

someone mentioned her in the "up and coming 2010 artists" thread or whatever it was called. And I got hooked on one of their songs. I thought they'd be a shoe-in for Coachella this year. guess not though.

this song/video:

she is fucking awesome. loved her since i first heard her song on neon gold. i hope she gets added!

Good album. And I hate to say it, I like it more than Florence's
    Coachella '10
    The Muse/Gorillaz/Peter Gabriel/Soundgarden/Basement Jaxx/Royksopp/The Very Best/Atlas Sound/Antlers/Camera Obscura/The XX/Roisin Murphy/JJ/Suckers/Girls/LCD Soundsystem/Bloody Beetroots/Goldfrapp/Fatboy Slim & David Byrne/Broken Bell/Phoenix/Fever Ray/Dirty Projectors/Lady Gaga/Japandroids/Chromeo/St. Vincent/Micachu and the Shapes/Numero#/Devo/Scissor Sisters/Wild Beasts