Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera's new album will be sick!!!

Default Re: Christina Aguilera's new album will be sick!!!

I think I agree with Hannah that it is probably Little Boots.

I would HOPE its Xtina, because she is a fucking talent that in my opinion, is wasted on generic overproduced pop...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    i'm dumb.
    negative!
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Lol, I saw all those posts
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I think I agree with Hannah that it is probably Little Boots.
    I wasn't really taking a stance. Brandon's got a good point about the ostensible difference in the tooth overlap. I just thought it was worth throwing out there.

I have zero doubt that Christina is capable of something like this, actually.

Is this "stuff" postable, nation?

whiney pain in butt

not really.

I did some searching and found this:

Obviously, it could be fake.

So, if this is Christina Aguilera, y'all think it'll bomb? It sounds pretty weird for public consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Being weird made Lady Gaga even more popular, so if it's catchy, it has a chance.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 02-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    excuse me but can we refer to that video as treegina
    awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I thought I read somewhere Christina Aguilera was working with Goldfrapp, Sia and Ladytron on her new album. If that is the case I think there is a high chance that CA is the one in the videos.

Edit...see article:
    http://www.spinner.com/2009/11/07/la...as-next-album/

When Christina Aguilera enlisted Ladytron to write songs for her upcoming fourth album, 'Light & Darkness,' she could have wielded her diva powers and told the British electro-pop group exactly what she was looking for. Thankfully, that's not what happened. "She just told us she wanted to enter our world," Ladytron multi-instrumentalist Reuben Wu tells Spinner. "She didn't want to give us any idea what she wanted the music to be. She wanted us to do our own thing."

Wu says Aguilera approached the group two years ago and that the surprisingly modest pop star wasn't shy about declaring herself a fan. "She said she was inspired by our music and we were one of her favorite bands," he says. Although Wu and his cohorts -- fellow keyboardist Daniel Hunt and vocalists Helen Marnie and Mira Aroyo -- were initially required to remain hush-hush about the project, they couldn't keep their secret from everyone.

"What do we do but tell our parents?" Wu says. "Christina is one of those people where you know your parents would have heard of her, so it's kind of good for us to tell our moms and dads, 'Look, mom, look, dad -- we're actually doing something you can understand.'"

Over the course of 10 years and four studio albums, Ladytron has earned praise from and toured with the likes of Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode, but the Aguilera collaboration marks the first time the Liverpool quartet has written for another artist. "Working with Christina was a completely different experience," Wu says. "To hear her singing on those tracks, it was pretty shocking how great her voice is. Obviously, you hear it on MTV and on the radio, but to actually listen in front of you, singing in front of you, it's a completely different thing. And quite a few of the songs, she just did one take, and that was it."

Due out early next year, 'Light & Darkness' will also feature contributions from Goldfrapp and Sia Furler -- electronic artists whose involvement suggests Aguilera is trading the retro-pop vibe of her last album for something more futuristic. "My feeling is that she got to a point in her life where she wanted to take her music to a different level," Wu says. "She was willing to take a risk and go in a completely different direction. It wasn't like, 'Oh, I want to be all electro.' It wasn't anything like that. She just wanted to evolve her music according to what she was listening to at the time."

Besides Ladytron, Aguilera has evidently been getting down to Brazilian dance rock and '90s British punk. While visiting the singer in Los Angeles recently, the members of Ladytron rode with her to a CSS show, blasting Elastica jams in the back of her limo. "She's got really good taste," Wu says.

Wu isn't sure how many of Ladytron's tracks will make the finished 'Light & Darkness,' but he says all of the songs pick up where the group's last album, 2008's 'Velocifero,' left off. In working with Aguilera, Wu and company were even inspired to write some major-key tunes, something the darkly dressed, quasi-Goth party starters aren't exactly known for.

"I'm glad to say they're still very Ladytron, and they're also very Christina, because her voice is on the tracks," he says. "We're very pleased with it."
    And a collaboration with Le Tigre on the new album?
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...s-with-le.html

Le Tigre Blogs About Christina Aguilera Collaboration

Christina Aguilera has come a long way from middle-school boom box jams (“Reflection,” anyone?) and the “Dirrrty” music video. For her upcoming album, Bionic, tentatively scheduled for April, Aguilera has logged studio time with an interesting and talented batch of ladies—Goldfrapp, Ladytron, M.I.A., Santigold and Le Tigre.

Word of the collaborations surfaced last fall, and now Le Tigre has discussed their part via their website. Apparently, Xtina had a thing for the trio’s song “Deceptacon,” and asked them to work on tracks for her new album. Le Tigre member Johanna Fateman had plenty of nice things to say about working with Aguilera. “She is a technical virtuoso behind the mic, layering take after take of flawless vocals and coming up with variations, ad-libs, and harmonies on the fly,” Fateman wrote.

And while Christina’s positive-message songs (“Beautiful”) go hand-in-hand with Le Tigre’s feminist electro-rock, their sound is obviously a long way from Aguilera’s glossy Top-40 sheen—not that there’s anything wrong with that. “Together we tailored themes and specific references to her personality and image but found a ton of common ground in our aim to make upbeat danceable tracks celebrating female friendship, strength, and of course, PARTYING,” Fateman explained. “And while the giant sound of her stacked vocals and the pop sheen she lends to the tracks might seem at odds with Le Tigre’s aesthetic roots, it really works. The songs have a lot of elements we’re known for, like a garage guitar sound, schoolyard chants, new wave-y synths, electro beats, and somehow it all sounds crazily right with Christina’s unbelievable voice.”
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 02-11-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I've been following these videos for the last few months. They've been slowly coming out with several weeks in-between each one. They were sent to a lot of pop and electronic oriented sites and blogs. You can find gobs and gobs of analysis of these videos on other sites as people try to uncover who this is. The suggestions have ranged from Christina to the most unlikely of candidates like some runner up on Norwegian Idol. I kid you not. But people are really getting into solving this one online. I'm talking about people capturing frames and examining the woman's eyes to determine that she has natural blue eyes which are being covered by brown contact lenses type of stuff.

There's a lot to suggest this is Christina, but I just don't see her going this left field. As I recall other things noted were:

• The birth themes (the nature footage of which appears to have been edited out due to copyright claims.) and the sound of a fetus ultrasound match up with comments she supposedly made about this new record being about becoming a mother.
    • She was spotted wearing an outfit recently with strawberry cakes all over it and as you can see, one of the videos features such a cake.

If this does turn out to be Christina, I have a feeling that although the album may feature elements of the music from these vids, that the finished songs will probably be a lot more MOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

who doesn't love deceptacon? i've run across entire clubs & over chairs to dance to that song lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

i dont thinkk this is christina. i almost made a thread about this yesterday but then decided against it. its too....not low fi....but just i dunno. its not something mainstream would latch onto. even though we think its really cool. i kinda feel like this may be a new artist
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I really don't have a hard time believing this to be Christina, and I also don't think it will be nearly as out there or radical as it appears or sounds thus far. This type of promo shrouded in mystery is nothing new for musicians and some of the endproduct has been pretty standard fare. All that said, if this is Christina, this is going to be a fucking HUGE album when all is known.

I'm fascinated by this

From CA's official message board (one of the mods)

The vids doing the rounds are not Christina. This is OFFICIAL.

Therefore, we do not encourage discussion of them on this forum. Christina doesn't like her fans to be duped. So, please don't come into this forum and discuss the vids like they "could/might" be her. They are not.

People who persist in spreading this rumour will get a temp ban to help them cool off.

Management still expect the release date to be APRIL. This has been confirmed for a while now, so despite what you've read elsewhere, this album has not been 'pushed back'.

Finally, just to add that we don't want any useless clutter going on with a discussion about the current viral videos that are doing the rounds. It isn't Christina, and that's that. If you wish to speculate, please go to another forum to do so.
    Somebody put together the whole face and put blue eyes in on another forum:

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'm also seeing that some people think it's Margaret Berger.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    This makes me think it isn't her.

But that teeth photo still has me 99% sure. You cant fake your grill.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Someone brightened the shit out of it and threw it on the youtoobs. I think :28 to :30 looks a lot like Christina.

last.fm

isn't everyone jumping to conclusions that it's a christina or little boots or another blond singer? Couldn't it just be a model covered in dirt licking a tree? Why couldn't this be Animal Collective or yeasayer or some other band i know nothing about?

but yea, probably christina
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Now that i think about it, it's probably weird marketing for a new needlepoint license music collection from Killertracks or DeWolfe or something.

That would be hilarious
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Man, I was all excited this morning because I thought i had it figured out.

From the YOUTUBE channel:

What the numbers spell:

1st vid: educational
    2nd vid: iam
    3rd vid: itsme
    4th vid: mandragora

There's a band called Mandragora..(from wikipedia)

Mandragora are a space-rock/world dance-music band from Brighton, England, whose formative output can be described as psychedelic rock with ethnic sounds and tribal rhythms. Formed in 1983, the band have released 5 albums of their own, and a collaborative album with Phil Thornton. They built up a loyal following on the free festival circuit of the 1980s and '90s, and were signed to Delerium Records. In recent years Mandragora have evolved into a world music/electronic...

According to the bands official website a new album is scheduled for release in 2010. The article states: "World dance music pioneers and firm festival favorites’ Mandragora’ are back doing live shows and have a new album/film scheduled for release in 2010. The current line up features the amazing Bosnian singer Dalinda, who grew up in Libya and has released albums for ARC records. Dalinda is well known all over the Middle East and North Africa from her MTV appearances in Egypt and live performances throughout the world. Original members Simon Williams and Phil Thornton are back performing live again as Mandragora after several years concentrating on studio projects , producing other artists and performing live with other acts as well as recording musicians all over the globe!"[5]ance act featuring singers and musicians from all corners of the globe.
    Then I listened to their stuff.
    http://www.mandragora.biz/

Nah

I find the message board stuff pretty compelling for the case of it not being Christina.

They cut this video a bit different. It has a few new shots in it

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

its not her. heres a 2 second snippet from her new music video
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

This is definitely NOT going to end up being Xtina Aguilera. Here's some more evidence against it:

"There she revealed that she worked with M.I.A., Santigold and Ladytron adding, "The overall versatility of this record is truly something special for me. The result was just crazy magic. There truly is something for everyone to enjoy on the record."[77] She also worked with Goldfrapp[78] and Tricky Stewart who revealed that the album is finished adding, “She’s mixing it up again. She’s singing R&B again, she’s doing pop. She’s doing it all, but she’s found a way to make it all meet in the middle because she’s so many different things. She’s a real serious musician.”... Glam, the first single from Bionic, is expected to hit radio airwaves in February 2010.[[79]

Yes, she worked with a lot of cool musicians that would make her sound more experimental but in the end, I think the album is going to be a clusterfuck of different sounds and not something consistent like those videos suggest. If I know my mainstream pop princesses and their songs well then "Glam" will sound like a glossy catchy pop song meant for radio play and not some ironic Knife-like song where Xtina crawls in mud lol

A friend of mine suggested Robyn the other day. She has some lower teeth issues like in the photo comparison on page 1 but her face is too strong featured to be the one above. I dunno. It's a mystery.
    last.fm

Does Robyn have anything going on/coming out?

Also, I think there's a fisheye lens on the camera that distorts her features.

She has an album due out this year and she's apparently working with Diplo.
    last.fm