Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera's new album will be sick!!!

Default Re: Christina Aguilera's new album will be sick!!!

omg WTF HAPPENED IN THAT ROOM?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

lolwut
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

It appears he's going to a party!

Though, I liked the idea of some shady stuff happening in that video we could only hear stuff.

At 12:01am Swedish time we act in concert on the wish of all. We will present you with a plausible path for 6 hours only. It is what it is.
    So… whatever iamamiwhoami’s idea of a “concert” is will be taking place at 12:01am Swedish time and unless I’m misinterpreting this message, the “concert” will only be available to view for 6 hours.

Sweden is 9 hours ahead of California. Okay, guess I know what I’m watching during my conference call this afternoon: http://towhomitmayconcern.cc/.

I thought it was "on the wish to evolve".

You're probably right. She did ask the 'volunteer' if he believes in evolution during their phone call. Damn it, I Wish I didn't have a conference call in 1 hr.

yay, video is up.
    Let's see if this is worth the time...

Geez, this is weird but pretty cool.

Plastic urrywhere in that car.
    And while this part seems very tedious and boring, i can't turn it off!

Just ended for me. Weird.

I still have no idea what is going on, but I suspect the ending was her way of saying that she's going back to being Jonna and that this project is over.

Also, there's some story about mandrakes that lure people into the forest and kill them with their song.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-15-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Very weird. But I kinda rly liked it.
    Most elaborate kidnapping ever!

Now, i want her/them to release the music. Good stuff it was.

God damn it! She said 6 hours, but apparently they took it down after 4 hours. I rushed home so that I could catch it and it's gone. Jesus Christ. Anyone capture it?

Thank you thank you thank you!!! DL now. It's a massive file; hope it's legit.

It was legit. Thank you for posting the link, HunterGather. I can honestly say that was the strangest and most beautiful Swedish forest concert come kidnapping of a Polish man I've witnessed. The "old/known" songs sounded amazing in this setting and fully fleshed out. I'm still digesting all the imagery/messages about evolution and mother nature and all that crazy Scandinavian folklore.

What an amazing experience that guy had. So lucky.

I hope they really didn't set him on fire.

uh. wow.

I wanna say that there were maybe 3 times in the short film where they could have had a "break" from filming (slowly going behind someones back,etc.).
    Otherwise, everything was done in one shot, which is kind of awesome.

Watched it again tonight. I'm just amazed by their dedication to this project and their ability to use a medium that's all about the immediate to flesh out such a sustained narrative (or, at least, concept).

Which part weirded you out the most? I think for me it might have been Jonna's incessant self-molestation as she writhed on the ground during 'Y', the second to last song.

I think our little volunteer's okay. I'm pretty sure he was dressed as the bee in the final scene. He has the same physical frame and gait.

I'm holding out hope there might be something more to come; they didn't really do anything with the IAmBounty website.

I like the versions of the songs they performed; the originals are available for sale on iTunes but I'm hoping they release the live versions too.

Yeah, the version of "T" in the film was awesome! The bells and such. It's some remix that I'd imagine will be released at some point.

I didn't realize that the songs were put up on iTunes and AmazonMP3 for a while now.

Also, they have yet to release the last song in the film, which is just beautiful.

And another thing. This entire project reminds me of Bjorks Medulla era (except Triumph of a Heart).
    Her videos for that album had a similar feel and look to them. Makes me wish Bjork did all of this.

another user has all of the performance clips up:

Last edited by captncrzy; 11-18-2010 at 06:59 AM.

Yup, they do, but fans ripped better quality versions and put them on YT already. Just search 'iamamiwhoami concert' or 'iamamiwhoami o, b, t, y etc.'

They put up the "live" versions of the songs from the short film on iTunes/Amazon earlier this month.

You're able to get them individually, as well as buy the one long audio track of the entire film.

Someone kindly took that and separated each track (including the musical/acapella interludes between songs, as well as the unreleased final song in the film) and tracked it...

In Concert

So iamamiwhoami won a Swedish Grammy Award (or "Grammi") last week as Innovator of the Year; a category they seem to have created this year as a way to recognize iamamiwhoami. A bit silly, but nice to see the recognition. No one seems to know who the lady is who accepts the award. I think she looks a bit like Jonna; I wonder if she's her mum? I probably just can't tell Scandinavian people apart.

Taking this thread back to its original intent, let's celebrate Xtina's new single. THE VOICE OF A GENERATION IS BACK!

lolloll
    I'm in tears right now