Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

I'm frightened by dream analysis, because I only have fucked up terrifying dreams...I'm not sure I want to know they're saying about my psyche
    '99-'11...

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    All dreams are prophetic.

I see your point, but location in dreams rarely have anything to do with the content or the cast of characters. They are an emotional backdrop. You may not have fond memories of the relationship, but do you have good memories of the space?
    well, not everyone was able to predict the date of their grandfather's death in their dreams or know when the nurse would be out of school. i'm talking that kind of prophetic. unfortunately after some high school trauma i started mainly having nightmares, but thankfully pot silences most of that. i didn't smoke yesterday too which probably explains the fact that i even remembered my dreams. and what you remember is key. for example, if the colour blue from your dream is one of the first things you recall, it probably has some significance.

and everything in a dream is tied to a person. for example, teeth have general meanings, but if someone has some particular association with teeth, teeth will mean something different to them in their dreams. i think it's hard to really analyze dreams without knowing the person, but i can tell you most of my friends come to me with their fucked up dreams for analysis. it's just something i've always been good at, so long as i know the person.

and i think the places are more places where i have unresolved issues or they have a particular association with something in my life. the friend's house from five years ago i still dream about was where my ex and i had this huge fight at a party one time, so i tend to have certain types of relationship dreams there. the apartment with my ex though, to me, represents more my "relationship home" if that makes sense, so i can see why most relationship dreams take place there. just like my parents house will always be "home" to me, so that tends to be my "home" in my dreams even though i no longer live there.

which again just tells me that it's all in the eye of the beholder...
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

interpret my Gwen dream ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

/\ I've been taking a break from smoking pot for a while in an effort to find a new job, and every time I do, my dream world goes completely insane....it probably is like that most of the time, but when i smoke regularly I hardly remember any of them
    '99-'11...

Does anyone else dream that their teeth are falling? iVe had several of those

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    algunz,
    heres one for you...

1 night i had a wet dream involving Gwen Stefani...
    not sure why, but i have an erotic fondness for her now...
    before the dream i had no attraction whatsoever to her... barely ever thought of her (being only a marginal fan of her music)
    This is the only "celebrity" wet dream i've ever had

hearts
    ......:::::bug

sometimes sex dreams are just sex, but most dreams about sex generally have to do with communication or unresolved issues with a particular person. for example, sometimes we have dreams that we are sleeping with a co-worker or something. it doesn't mean you want to bang your co-worker, it just means you might be having trouble communicating.

when you think of gwen, what are the first things that come to mind? was there anything in the day before your dream that involved gwen? sometimes the random stuff throughout our day also finds its way into our dreams. i'd need to know your thoughts on gwen before i could really analyze.

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    Does anyone else dream that their teeth are falling? iVe had several of those
    read the last couple pages.... lol

and yeah, quitting pot certainly brings out a LOT of dreams. especially since you might be repressing or forgetting about certain personal issues due to being high.

and it's funny, you read 5 different dream dictionaries, you're going to get 5 different answers.

So I had dream the other day, where i was hanging out with Obama smoking Cigerettes on a balcony. Down below was Palin rally where she was calling him a terrorist, and we were both laughing at her, and pissed. Obama said, that he doesn't understand this bullshit, how is able to say this shit without getting called on it. then he got up on the railing and straddled it, one leg hanging over the side with balcony and the other hanging over 5 floors up, kinda like he was thinking about jumping. Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    So I had dream the other day, where i was hanging out with Obama smoking Cigerettes on a balcony. Down below was Palin rally where she was calling him a terrorist, and we were both laughing at her, and pissed. Obama said, that he doesn't understand this bullshit, how is able to say this shit without getting called on it. then he got up on the railing and straddled it, one leg hanging over the side with balcony and the other hanging over 5 floors up, kinda like he was thinking about jumping. Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.
    this just means you watch WAY too much tv =P

now if it were michael jackson and not britney, that would have been interesting, with the whole balcony thing and all, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    well, not everyone was able to predict the date of their grandfather's death in their dreams or know when the nurse would be out of school. i'm talking that kind of prophetic.
    When I was young my parents went through a particularly nasty divorce. My father kidnapped us from her for a period and then played really dirty to get temp custody just to get child support from her. Then when he got a large settlement from breaking his back he dumped us back with our mom and disappeared. He would pop back in once a year for awhile after that. The night before he would call/show up out of the blue I always had a dream that he kidnapped us again and wake up screaming. The next day he would call or show up and it got to the point of freaking my mom out knowing I could tell he was in the area. Then the dreams went away for several years as did he. So then once in high school I had the same dream so I went to my mom and asked if she had heard from dad. She said no that he hadn't contacted her. I waited a week and no contact so I figured I grew out of it. Then a few months later my mom was drunk and admitted to me that he had called the next day to talk to me but she wouldnt let him because it always threw me into such a fucked up mood when he was around. I have since grown out of having those kind of dreams about shit that will happen thank goodness.

So what about sex with family members...? I really don't want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Blinken, I'd say you've been watching too much TV, and you have a rather bleak sense of our world's future.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    When I was young my parents went through a particularly nasty divorce. My father kidnapped us from her for a period and then played really dirty to get temp custody just to get child support from her. Then when he got a large settlement from breaking his back he dumped us back with our mom and disappeared. He would pop back in once a year for awhile after that. The night before he would call/show up out of the blue I always had a dream that he kidnapped us again and wake up screaming. The next day he would call or show up and it got to the point of freaking my mom out knowing I could tell he was in the area. Then the dreams went away for several years as did he. So then once in high school I had the same dream so I went to my mom and asked if she had heard from dad. She said no that he hadn't contacted her. I waited a week and no contact so I figured I grew out of it. Then a few months later my mom was drunk and admitted to me that he had called the next day to talk to me but she wouldnt let him because it always threw me into such a fucked up mood when he was around. I have since grown out of having those kind of dreams about shit that will happen thank goodness.
    i always hated the dreams because i never could do anything. like i didn't even know my grandpa had cancer when i had the dream about someone dying on a specific date, and then he got cancer and died on that specific date. i didn't even make the connection until afterwards and i only remembered the date because it was election day. the ones i had about the school nurse were the most obvious. i'd have dreams that i was walking through the halls of the school and would hear an announcement that only emergencies should be sent to the nurse's office since she was out. she was this jamaican lady who hated everyone but me too. i always felt like we had a connection.

but you can't really do anything with that info which sucks. like when i walked out of my bedroom and found my ex-boyfriend sitting right next to his ex on our giant ass couch with the bong in front of them, it suddenly hit me that my dream had come true

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    So what about sex with family members...? I really don't want that.
    like i said above, communication or unresolved issues.

lol, jinx buy me a coke Ivy.

It's funny, the more I know a person the harder it is to interpret their dreams. My own feelings and biases get in the way.

And you all do realize . . . I am full of shit.

I did fall asleep to CNN that night, and I watch too much TV, good call guys.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    It's funny, the more I know a person the harder it is to interpret their dreams. My own feelings and biases get in the way.
    but those biases and feelings can be helpful. for example, my former best friend and i used to call each other "monkey". so if i had a dream involving monkeys, to me personally, it would probably have an association to my former best friend. whereas anyone else would have a different meaning and only people who know me would understand the association. i think you just have to find a way to make them work for you. i try to be general with friends and say things like, "well, you and such and such have been fighting about the water bill lately, so maybe that's why you two were fighting in water". or something like that, i know that was a lame example... lol

Whenever I fall asleep with the TV on whatever is on TV works its way into my dreams. I left it on VH1 once and had a dream I was on Flava of Love. Now there is a sex dream that had nothing to do with Sex... that man is NARSTY

I recently had a dream that Sarah Palin and a gang of her crazed followers broke into my house attempting to kill me(seriously) In the midst of this, I decided to take a shower, and while I did, someone kicked in the bathroom door. Thankfully it was someone there to rescue me, but strangely it was this guy I used to work with, named Snake(seriously again) who is currently dying in the hospital from emphysema...thankfully he brought a shotgun and we were able to shoot our way out of the house
    '99-'11...

I did fall asleep to CNN that night, and I watch too much TV, good call guys.
    ha ha ha, that makes a difference. i fell asleep at summer camp and someone had left that "have you ever really loved a woman" song from don juan demarco, so i had these nightmares that a masked johnny depp was trying to kill me in my room, lol.

no matter whats going on, my dick is hard in all of my dreams. what does that mean?

ha ha ha, that makes a difference. i fell asleep at summer camp and someone had left that "have you ever really loved a woman" song from don juan demarco, so i had these nightmares that a masked johnny depp was trying to kill me in my room, lol.
    i had the song this is the end of the world as we know it playing in the background of my dream about the world coming to an end and me not being able to get to my kids to say goodbye. Woke up to that song playing on the clock radio. After that I changed it from radio to alarm because I didn't want that shit happening again.

Next thing i know I was in Vegas watching a building implode, then hanging out with Britany Spears in a seedy motel, she was batshit crazy in my dream too.
    did you tap that shit?

any time I've ever had any sexual dreams, which is not very often, it always involves someone completely random, like a girl I haven't seen for a while or something, but no one I'm actively dating or that really plays a part in my life in any significant way

about a week ago, I had one about this girl I'm friends with, but have only seen once in about 2 years. I hadn't thought about her in a while, and she just randomly popped into my dream world. I made out with her once like 10 years ago, but that was the extent of our romance...she is now married to this guy I played high school baseball with, and dated an old friend of mine who recently went to prison for armed robbery
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    no matter whats going on, my dick is hard in all of my dreams. what does that mean?

It means you are cheap date.

Ivy, I try to keep things in general terms, because it allows them to fill in the blanks. Because as you said, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

LOL. Yeah I have alot wierd TV influenced dreams since I fall asleep with it on alot.

This is going to reinforce the Blinken watches to much TV theory but whatever. When I was 5 I had a dream about the Gummey Bears (from the cartoon) trying to kill me with butcher knives, they were popping out of tree stumps and shit while the theme song "Bouncing here and there and everywhere" was playing. Very disturbing for a 5 year old.

That was probably my favorite cartoon ever when I was a kid! Thankfully they never tried to kill me....you did just help the theme song get stuck in my head!
    '99-'11...

when revenge of the sith came out, it was like star wars 24/7 in my life. i remember having this dream that i was being frozen in carbonite, but when i tried to scream out "nooooo", i sounded like chewbacca.

sometimes sex dreams are just sex, but most dreams about sex generally have to do with communication or unresolved issues with a particular person. for example, sometimes we have dreams that we are sleeping with a co-worker or something. it doesn't mean you want to bang your co-worker, it just means you might be having trouble communicating.

when you think of gwen, what are the first things that come to mind? was there anything in the day before your dream that involved gwen? sometimes the random stuff throughout our day also finds its way into our dreams. i'd need to know your thoughts on gwen before i could really analyze.
    i really didn't ever think of Gwen before... it seems so random

POST-DREAM: now when i think of her i think sex, koo, styleee, fun, international
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

in grad school, after a marathon 36 hours of programming, I was dreaming in java for several nights. that fucking sucked. most boring dreams EVER.

I never want to do that again.