Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by D,,d) View Post
    <<< Male. My mom is ok. I had this dream eight years ago. This one stands out the most.
    8 years is a long time ago.

Since mom has not been sick, she's symbolic. Mothers are an extension of your concern for others, so how that plays in to where you were in the past is open for your interpretation.

I have had two dreams about arctic predators chasing me while I try to get away. The first was some sort of arctic wolf, and the second was a polar bear. In the polar bear one, for some reason we were in an enclosed area, possibly a zoo exhibit and I was frantically climbing up book shelves and furniture (in a zoo exhibit?? yeah I don't get it).

Gunz, this is for you to puzzle out, since you need a diversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Polar Bears usually foreshadow some misfortune in disguise. Are the books helping you get away or are they hindering you?

Is the wolf white? I assumed that's why you said arctic. Do you remember anything about the setting with the wolf?

In the polar bear one, I was always just one step ahead of it, bookshelves were falling over, I had to keep moving to keep ahead of it.

With the wolf creature, I was in some sort of Arctic wasteland near icy water. I may have been slogging around in the water to escape the wolf thing which was on the ice. The water was shallow It was indeed a white animal. I'm not entirely certain it was a wolf, some kind of white, dog-like creature.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I had a dream last night that my deceased dog Alex, Al Pacino, and myself were cops working a murder case at night around LA.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

It would be really cool if that was just the first dream in a series of like ten dreams that culminate in the solving of the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I laughed.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    In the polar bear one, I was always just one step ahead of it, bookshelves were falling over, I had to keep moving to keep ahead of it.

With the wolf creature, I was in some sort of Arctic wasteland near icy water. I may have been slogging around in the water to escape the wolf thing which was on the ice. The water was shallow It was indeed a white animal. I'm not entirely certain it was a wolf, some kind of white, dog-like creature.
    Amy, I thought about these a lot last night. These white animal chasing dreams are tough because there are a lot of mixed messages. I figure your feeling anxiety over something or someone that is looming. This upcoming event or person may seem innocent, but your instincts are telling you not to trust it. I don't know whether you should trust those instincts or just go for it. It seems that your feeling of being overwhelmed is making you feel that it is uncontrollable.

If you have another one, see if you can turn and face the animal and see what it does and how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It would be really cool if that was just the first dream in a series of like ten dreams that culminate in the solving of the case.
    qft

This morning I dreamed that I accidentally called PotVsKtl and made awkward small talk for a while because I didn't have any idea what to talk about. He wanted to discuss lodging for next year's Coachella (note: we have never stayed together) but I didn't have anything to say on that because I am not going.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

So, I rarely remember my dreams, but this weekend I've had two that have stuck with me -- vivid details and all. In the first, I board a metro bus on a busy on ramp to an LA freeway. The bus is empty and there's no driver, but this seems perfectly normal to me in the dream. I drop my fare into the slot and push a big red button and the bus takes off down the off ramp onto the freeway. And it charges -- I mean it has to be doing 85, 90 mph and swinging wildly as it takes every corner. And I'm just sitting in the back of the bus very calmly as if this is a normal, everyday commute even as I'm being thrashed back and forth. Eventually the bus stops. I assume it's stuck in gridlock but when I look out the window I see that we're the only ones on the road. We've stopped because there are four cop cars driving toward us (going the wrong way on the freeway.) One of the cops gets out of his car, gets on the bus and yells to me (still on the back seat) "everything okay in here?" I say "yup, just fine" and he proceeds to beat himself over the head with his baton until he knocks himself out, falls backward and out the the front door of the bus. I push another large red button located near my seat, the bus doors close and the bus revs up and then plows through the four cop cars stationed just a few hundred feet ahead of us. And then I wake up. Surprisingly refreshed.

The second one is kind of dirty, but it didn't feel like, you know, a sex dream. It was just odd and unsettling. In the second dream, I'm in a train station in some European country which I'm unable to identify. It feels early 20th century -- circa 1910. I'm standing on the platform and what appears to be the last train of the day is just departing. I look rather natty -- lovely suit and tie. I pull a pocketwatch out and check the time. 7pm. I turn around and there is this gorgeous, glittering haberdashery behind me. The walls, doors, windows and ceiling are all made of this beautiful glass which almost glows with a golden/copper hue. I'm instantly drawn to the place and walk in. The shop is empty -- no other customers or workers. The back wall has elegant displays of ties, ascots, shirts, belts. In the center of the store is a beautiful Persian rug with all sorts of big, luxurious pillows arranged tastefully on the ground. I suddenly feel a bit tired, so I decide to sit down on this Persian rug and lean against the pillows. Not only are the walls made of that beautiful glass, but the ceiling is too and I lie back and study the beautiful glasswork as the light from the almost set sun filters through and makes the whole store just glow in gold, copper and amber. On either side of the store, two long staircases lead up to an upper level and you can see into the store from these staircases as you climb them and look to your side. I feel completely transfixed and can't move -- nor do I want to. I just sit there and watch the figures passing by the glass panes on either side of the glass building. None of them look in, they're busy heading upstairs on their way home. Just as I'm getting lost in this visual splendor I see a face appear above me. A man is standing above me. I think he's the haberdasher himself. He's tall, elegant, handsome. He smiles at me and says "I've missed you. Did you take the late train?" As he's talking he slowly and carefully disrobes until he's standing fully naked above me. I never answer him for some reason, just smile. He gets down to the floor level and we start kissing rather intensely. Hands everywhere. I remain clothed. As he's kissing my neck, I turn to the right and see a man standing on the right hand staircase, but instead of just passing, he's turned toward the store and he's staring right at us through the glass wall/ceiling. I avoid eye contact and the haberdasher continues his mad pawing and kissing and heavy breathing. Then, I turn to my left and that same figure I saw is now on the left hand staircase staring into the glass building, looking directly at us. The stranger's incredibly elegantly dressed. My haberdasher doesn't seem to notice, but I look up until I see the stranger's face. He's wearing a top hat, has a smartly trimmed beard, looks Russian? He's staring daggers at me. I mean he looks like he's going to kill me. It's such a menacing look that I feel chills through my whole body and yet I don't stop the haberdasher from his kissing and his groping on top of me; he's seemingly oblivious to this stranger staring in and for some reason I don't stop him or tell him a thing. The stranger and I lock eyes and he seems angered that I've dared to make eye contact and his menacing look gets even scarier. It startles me so much that I decide to close my eyes and just feel the haberdasher on me. And as I do that I hear the sound of glass shattering all around me. And I wake up. With chills.

Both of them seem to be connected to your need to go against the rules or your frustration with being told what to do.

The first one on the bus seems to indicate that you are comfortable with the disorder of breaking through a system of rules.

The second one also implies a sense of pleasure with going against the norm, but the threatening figure may be an internal recognition that following your own path may be dangerous.

Last night I dream that I was buying groceries and I had picked up some bananas to eat in the morning.

I woke up and went to look for those bananas and they were not there. That's when I realized it was just a dream.

What does this mean?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Sounds like somebody may be feeling a bit lonely.

Had a dream Lil' Jon was dj'ing in the Sahara and Carl Cox was mc'ing. He played "Shots" by LMFAO.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Both of them seem to be connected to your need to go against the rules or your frustration with being told what to do.

The first one on the bus seems to indicate that you are comfortable with the disorder of breaking through a system of rules.

The second one also implies a sense of pleasure with going against the norm, but the threatening figure may be an internal recognition that following your own path may be dangerous.

Hmmm. I could see that. Do you write National Enquirer horoscopes?

I'd love to.

This morning I had a dream that I was back in high school, I was grown and had kids but for some reason decided I needed to go back to high school. I was running late to my science class but I really had to pee, so I run into my science teacher (Mr. Osterguard, who I actually hated in school) and told him I was going to be late, he of course doesn't believe me, he knows I am just going to skip class like I always do, I assure him that I am coming to class and run off to the bathroom. When I get there I find a baby in the bathroom. Someone had just left a baby sleeping in the bathroom, I couldn't just leave it there, but was worried Mr. Osterguard was going to think I was really just skipping class so I went to find him to tell him I had to go to the office to turn in the baby that I found in the bathroom. The rest of my dream was spent running around the halls of my high school looking for my teacher or the office, carrying this heavy ass baby all the while having to pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I had one of my rare but dreaded zombie dreams yesterday. Honestly, I have a huge fear of zombies. I know, I know. But I'm usually scared shitless being chased all over the place escaping near capture. I HATE my zombie dreams. Seriously, I get them about 3-5 times a year and I believe this makes number 2 so far.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Dreams of being chased by cops. Make it stop
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Being chased by zombie dreams are simple. You feel you are going to be eaten alive by anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Dreams of being chased by cops. Make it stop
    You are feeling anxious about having to work or live within a system of rules that you may not agree with or want to follow.

Loca, your dream is interesting. It sounds to me that you are wrestling with self-doubt and recognition of your capabilities. Going back to high school can indicate that you feel that you may not be measuring up to yours or others expectations, but finding the baby symbolizes you are finally acknowledging your hidden potential. It sounds like quite an internal conflict.

This is why I don't watch zombie-related media.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Buck 65 has an awesome song about the Zombie Apocalypse. It's fun.

I keep having these recurring dreams where I'm driving and can't slow the thing down no matter how hard I brake. This isn't like high speed chases or anything, either; normal everyday driving. Every time I'm about to collide with something though, the vehicle has slowed down just enough to prevent it. The situations surrounding these dreams are usually different, but the central thing is that.

I've had these things since before I could drive, too. These fucking things partially prevented me from getting my license until I was 18 or 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

I had a dream last night that I was going into some gang war and the rival gang was gonna come shoot up my place. During the dream I was getting all my friends together and preparing my house for the attack. I then went to my "gun guy" who was Jay Z and his door man was Biggie ( I was scared and hugged Biggie) and purchased guns. Then I shot my rivals while freaking out that I was gonna miss my flight to Mazatlan.. ( I am currently planning a trip to Mazatlan) My "gun guy" aka Jay Z , came and helped me get the other gang and helped me make my flight in time. During the dream it was very stressful and not an enjoyable dream. Looking back at my dream I realize it was awesome.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Frazzles, maybe you are feeling that you are losing control of the simple things in life. It's not the big decisions that are feeling uncontrollable but the mundane, every day things.

eupho, why are you going to Mazatlan?

I was born there and I have family there. My mom was on vacation and decided to live there for a few years and met my dad there. I'm planning a trip for Nov. time. Its so cheap right now cause everyone is so scared of getting killed...
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby