Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

Is grandma gone?

Symbolically a grandma can be a passage of time. So, maybe you are comfortable with your use of money?

Nope, they're still alive. And, I'm always broke. I was hoping it would me that I'm going to win the powerball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I had a dream yesterday night. I was going to get up and type it up while everything was clear but went back to bed. It was something like this…

I was at some type of inauguration. An old co-worker’s name was called and she walked up 2 steps to pick up some certificate. She had a top on but no bottom. Her ass was perfect. It made me aroused (in my mind in the dream). No one seemed to notice this but me. Everyone clapped and the presentation was over.

Then I was walking around some type of military housing community and had to take a piss. I unzipped my Levis and started peeing in some bushes next to someone’s porch. Someone was with me and keeping an eye. As I was pissing, my dick started stretching, not like a hard on, but like an elephant trunk. It got close to the ground and started sniffing the dirt in the area of the piss. I couldn’t feel it smelling but the pissing felt so good.

I finished my piss and started walking with my friend. The next thing I knew, I was softly being grabbed from under my arms by two men. One of them had a radio and confirmed that they had caught me.

I know it's weird, but that's what I dreamt.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Last Wednesday I dreamt about some random guy who was out to avenge his brother's murder. He was hiding in the back of a delivery truck and grabbed the driver from behind, strangling him to death with a cargo net. Then he was in the backseat of a truck and there were two other guys who were sitting in the front. They started shooting at the would-be avenger and he got clipped on the left cheek in his attempts to return fire. He ducked behind the headrest of the driver's seat for a moment but one of the guys in the front just kept firing and when he finally poked his head out to open fire again, a bullet blasted through his head and his skull collapsed in on itself as though it had been made solely of hair.

Gunz, what's up with me never really dreaming about myself? All my dreams are about other people.
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 12-19-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Last Wednesday, I had a dream that I was watching Maury. As if that weren't horrific enough, the episode featured a hot new fetish craze that was sweeping the country: people who wanted to be cannibalized -- while they were alive. And so there were a few video pieces of these soon-to-be-cannibalized fetishists talking into the camera in the irritating way Maury's guests are wont to, then there they were, on stage in front of a live studio audience, getting eaten to death. The 2 specific images etched into my memory are: 1) this fat white guy with tanning booth goggles on looking at his cannibalizers (the one on the left with a goatee and long, bushy hair -- seems like a lumberjack; no distinct characteristics for the other guy) with a contented smile on his face, the lumberjack biting his right nipple off; and 2) a black guy whose torso has been consumed down to the point that you can just see his rib cag and spinal cord, the bottom half of his body having been completely devoured, and he falls off the couch that he was reclining on, finally having died.
    This sounds like a David Foster Wallace short story.

I had a dream last night that I was working as some sort of reporter and there were two men that seemed to be working alongside me. It was as if we were filming an intro to the broadcast and they walked over to a table and sat down leaving no room for me, so I walked over and stood behind them with my hands on their shoulders. They seemed to be angry with my attempt to upstage them. Then we went to a company party at a very dark and stylish house. I walked inside and the two men were sitting on sofas naked. I laughed and was like whatever and began to strip for them. A couple of other people arrived and we just danced, no sex. Then I was in another space with the same sort of mood, but I was clothed and this woman approached me and asked if I knew that there were different levels. She explained that the top floor is for those that want to get a little "dirty." The middle floor was for those that wanted a more traditional party atmosphere, and so on. I went downstairs and apparently I was supposed to be waitressing. The room was dark and seemed like a nightclub, but people were just casually hanging out at tables and there were metal railings separating various open levels of high tables. I started serving drinks and pretty much treated the customers like friends. I wasn't doing a very good job, which I was surprised by because I'm a very good server. I was talking to one customer, a pretty black woman, and she asked me what I was reading. I realized I had a book in my hand. It was some sort of book about African American historical figures. Then the customer on the level above us asked us what I was reading and then proceeded to berate me for reading that crap. A young man hunched over at his table reading a book next to us began shaking his head. So I asked him what his problem was and he pointed at the man now looming over the railing almost yelling at us. The boy explained to me it was his dad and he seemed to be trying to apologize. The man got aggressive and the young man ran up and tried to restrain him. The man started swinging and hit his son in the face. The man turned toward me as if he was going to hit me too and I woke up.

I think somebody is having some serious daddy issues.
    Last edited by algunz; 12-23-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I dreamed that I was out of town for a work function, in an unfamiliar office. I was asked to travel to Vancouver on short notice to be a judge for some debate about finances. They needed someone that wasn't overly knowledgeable about the finance world to listen to the two sides, decide which argument made the most sense and pick a winner. But the debate was that night and I needed to pack and get on a plane immediately. My suitcases were the wrong size, didn't contain my belongings, and kept going missing. A big open taxi, like the ones in England, came to get me with 4 women in it, and a baby. One of the women was driving. I was panicked as I didn't know where my luggage or my laptop was. Then the baby began having crazy yellow and clear diarrhea everywhere and began vomiting what looked like oatmeal. Then everyone in the cab also started getting sick but they didn't clean it up, just kept on driving. I kept asking one of the women in back to check the hatch for my luggage and she kept ignoring me. I felt trapped and frustrated and then I woke up.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I had a dream yesterday night. I was going to get up and type it up while everything was clear but went back to bed. It was something like this…

I was at some type of inauguration. An old co-worker’s name was called and she walked up 2 steps to pick up some certificate. She had a top on but no bottom. Her ass was perfect. It made me aroused (in my mind in the dream). No one seemed to notice this but me. Everyone clapped and the presentation was over.

Then I was walking around some type of military housing community and had to take a piss. I unzipped my Levis and started peeing in some bushes next to someone’s porch. Someone was with me and keeping an eye. As I was pissing, my dick started stretching, not like a hard on, but like an elephant trunk. It got close to the ground and started sniffing the dirt in the area of the piss. I couldn’t feel it smelling but the pissing felt so good.

I finished my piss and started walking with my friend. The next thing I knew, I was softly being grabbed from under my arms by two men. One of them had a radio and confirmed that they had caught me.

I know it's weird, but that's what I dreamt.
    I missed this one. It's a good one.

I would think you have had a cleansing and a release of pressure. I'm not sure about the bare ass except the element of exposure which seems to play into both your position and somebody else's.

Algunz your dream had some crazy details. My dreams are like that too. I generally remember them really well.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

TGirl, do you have a work opportunity available to you, and haven't you mentioned babies in your dreams before?

Yes babies are a constant in my dreams.. truth be told I'm unable to have kids, and in all honesty I don't want kids, but my friend's children are a big factor in my life. I don't have a work opportunity that is new, other than my work has changed slightly and i'm in a bit of a different role but am really enjoying it.

I dreamt I won 200k playing video poker in Vegas last night. Randomly stopped at a machine and got dealt three deuces, hit the fourth on the draw. Waiting to get paid out, I was scared to use the machine again because I thought they might try to deny my winnings. I was then told it was all recorded and I could go ahead and play. Next get dealt 10-J-Q-K of diamonds, needed the Ace for the royal flush, but instead hit 9 of diamonds on the draw, good for 125k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Lately, I have been remembering my dreams with extraordinary detail. They are not usually that clear. Oddly, I think that's because my conscious life is so unclear at the moment and my brain has been working hard still while I sleep.

Dreams of neglecting a baby in some manner are usually dreams that are calling attention to some aspect of one's self and in particular calling attention to some part of one's self that is not being treated with the kindness and love it deserves. The fact that the other women get sick and neglect themselves too could be a recognition of the fact that you are either following the lead of others in this same frustration or that you are allowing others to dictate your ability to control how you are being treated.

im gonna leave this page up when i sleep right now.. will see what comes of this decision in the morning hopefully with a christmas night dream

woke up late as shit! but had a couple dreams i can distinguish from.

first one was incredibly unique out of all other dreams ive had before
    i had powers, powers like in a martial arts movie.. running on trees and shit
    and i was speaking an asian dialect, looking back i cannot understand what i was saying or hearing but i can understand what was happening
    in the dream me and a group of friends who i couldnt recognize/never seen before were in a temple when we got attacked an artifact was taken that took all our powers and we had to fight and defeat this guy as mortals.. the dream faded into another so thats as far as that went
    in the second dream which was clearly different i was in the forest (huge redwood trees) with a bunch of girls lots i could notice were ex's lots i dont think ive come across ever before.. and all we were doing was laying irrigation for the trees :P
    it was kind of bizarre

I had a dream last night that the board colors changed. I don't remember what colors, but I think there was a lot of white. We were all excited about the line up coming soon.

Also, the board was very cluttered with a bunch of random forums and what looked like ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I had a dream last night wherein I had an Annie Lennox sing-along with a bunch of friends, and then a certain board regular did (non-Annie Lennox related) very dirty things to me. It was an odd dream.

Did the board member have a red crewcut and wip in hand?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I can't even think of what board member that would be. I have noticed that I always have very vivid dreams if I skip a night or two of sleep. It's pretty much guaranteed.

I had a dream last night. We arrived at two women’s home that was really more like an art studio. I walked into a room which had an already painted canvas. It was something that I had previously worked on. The canvas was completely painted with various colors of blue and black to represent night. I changed clothes and organized my paints. It was only for a short time, but I applied various colors of yellow and orange to represent daylight. The rest of morning was spent walking around with a cup of coffee, walking around the home, and viewing what the other two women were painting. They came into my area and discussed what they seen from my work. I also did the same with theirs. The best part of the dream was the clean up. I was at an outside sink area cleaning my brushes and just feeling so complete in adding on to that painting. It wasn’t done, but it felt good to add to it and to know that I would one day come back and work on it again. It wasn’t like a feeling of completion, but a passionate experience of performing the process.

I woke up, walked to the bathroom to pee, and picked up my laptop to type this.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Had a dream that Jen and I were going to a strip club. Christie's Cabaret, to be exact, just off Baseline and the I-10 in Phoenix. But when we pulled into their parking lot, there was a giant trash dumpster immediately in front of the entrance so we had to park in the parking lot of the Circle K next door. And that Circle K parking lot was basically an alley, very dark and intimidating, and we had to embark fairly far in to park. When we got out, we somehow made a wrong turn and ended up in a back alley out of a bad 70s movie set in New York, replete with rats and dank water puddles and drunk homeless men who start approaching you to accost for money when you catch their eye. So we hightailed it out of there, starting to run, and even though I know I run faster than Jen, I didn't realize I ran that much faster as I ended up in the line to get into the strip club (which stretched out in front of the Circle K) and she was still a good 20 yards back. My focus then turned to being in line to get into the strip club, and in addition to being so long that it stretched out to block the entrance to the Circle K, it was also full of people who you wouldn't expect to be in line to get into a strip club, like a mom with her two daughters. It was like we were in line to get into Disneyland. And Jen finally ambles out of the alley, putting the finishing touches on a drawing that she did with crayons, apparently during her walk. She hands the drawing to a little girl who's standing behind me in line, much to the girl's stunned delight, prompting the girl's father to hand Jen a $5 bill for bringing such happiness to his daughter. But one of the little girls who was standing in line in front of us with her mom snatched the $5 bill out of the man's hand before Jen could take it. Jen didn't seem all that torn up about it but I was infuriated. I was like, "Give that to her," and she was all, "No, it's mine. I earned it." And her mom just pats her on the head like she's a good little girl.

We never made it into the strip club. The next thing I knew, I was in the house. Jen was out, either at the store or still driving back from the strip club, whatever. I was changing into lounge-around-the-house clothes and when I came downstairs, the TV was mysteriously turned off and none of the lights would turn on. I tried the switches, to no avail, then finally realized that there was a fire in the kitchen. I started to call 911 but wasn't wearing any clothes so I stopped to go upstairs and get dressed. When I came back down, the fire had burned itself out. The countertops and cabinets were all charred. As mad as I was, I thought the burn pattern on the countertop was actually pretty neat and an improvement. The oven was open and I could see the source of the fire: Jen had left some chicken to cook. Yet despite that being the reason the fire started, the damn thing was still pink.

I couldn't wait for Jen to get home so I could berate her.
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

old school

I met High Contrast last night! Donald too. I was at a High Contrast show and once his set finished I hung about for a few minutes and then he was signing and chatting at a little booth. I am not sure where this was but it was outdoors. I go and talk to him and he was really nice and then he showed me the schedule for EDC which was very mediocre, only a couple of good acts. I think called Donald over and I guess we all chatted for a while. It was a good dream.

I had a dream this morning where I went to go see Daft Punk in concert. I get to the venue, watch the opening act, then leave because I didn't feel well. Only like 18 people were at the venue, too. Anyway, I leave the venue and get sad that I missed seeing Daft Punk. So I watch part of one of their concerts online, and I felt like I was sucked into the video, like I was really there. Robert Downy Jr. came out with Daft Punk and they played a remix of "Iron Man." At that moment, a big security guard came up and grabbed me and said "It's time to wake up, mother fucker."

That's when my alarm rang. I've never been so disappointed about waking up from a dream before.

I had a dream last night that Nick and I were going to Vegas to get married, we had invited all the family to join us and everyone was fighting. They were bickering back and forth, pulling me aside to bitch about each other, fighting with me because I told them to stop fighting, etc. I got so sick of it I ran away and everyone was chasing me. I was ducking in and out of buildings trying to escape but couldn't get away. I finally left that dream but was being chased by things/people/monsters in the rest of my dreams throughout the night.

This morning I told Nick about my dream and he of course only said... you are dreaming about us getting married????? He might be the one to run now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I am having recurring dreams about staying at a gay hotel with a bunch of swimming pools. I guess it is a gay bath house, so I am not sure why I am there since I am not a gay man. Also, I had a dream that Catherine Wheel released a new live album and I bought it at a record store (I haven't been to an actual record store in a couple years).

Last night I dreamt I was rehearsing for a musical but I was weak from being sick and could not perform the dance moves, and I was Lea Michele from Glee dancing with Matthew Morrison. The place we were rehearsing in was some sort of college dorm with see-through plastic partitions everywhere, although the actual functional walls were opaque. That last dream was probably from watching Smash before I went to bed. Th dreams do not sound terribly exciting when I type them out, but the feeling from the dream stays with me, anxiety or sexual tension.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I was at a cross country meet. I was the coach. Izzy was there, my husband, and my parents. I was running around getting things prepared. Izzy was playing with some kids. The grounds were a grass valley that sloped down to the middle almost like a hole. Lining the top of the valley were these big, beautiful trees and beyond them were tall buildings and a shopping mall. People were sitting around the slope like an amphitheater. I saw some friends from my high school cross country team and went to go talk to them. They all looked like they were still 17 but had mustaches. As I was talking to my friends, there was this loud cracking and ripping sound. Suddenly, one of the trees broke free from the ground and began to float up like a balloon. It disappeared into clouds, yet there was bright sun shining through the branches like you were looking up at one of the giant, majestic redwood trees. *Another tree began to crack and separate and I *was getting nervous, but nobody else seemed too bothered. Everyone just watched with bewilderment as trees one by one cracked and floated up towards the sky. I ran to Izzy. She was playing with a little girl and as I reached for Izzy's hand I realized that the girl had peed all over herself. I looked around, but there didn't seem to be anybody there to help her. By this time the trees were beginning to get stuck together and were creating a floating island of roots and earth above us and the sky was slowly going dark. Still nobody seemed concerned, but my fear was growing intense. I grabbed Izzy and took her in through these big French doors where there was a giant marble pool table. I told her to sit under there and wait for me while I ran and got my stuff. I needed my cell phone, wallet, and keys. As she nodded in agreement, a bunch of little kids came in and started climbing all over the pool table. They were totally on their own and unattended. They were preventing Izzy from just hanging out and by this time I was genuinely afraid of things falling from the sky. So, I decided to take her with me. I eventually found my mom and told her I would meet her at the elevator in Nordstroms. She nodded and stared up at the floating trees that continued to crack and splinter as they fought each other for space between the buildings. *I noticed some poles for power lines were beginning to sway and yelled, "Oh, Shit!" This guy next to me said not to worry the Electric Company was taking them down on purpose. I looked over and there were two guys in hard hats and yellow vests just pushing on the poles trying to knock them down. I still hadn't found my stuff. Izzy and I went back to where I was talking to my high school friends hoping my phone was there. I found a phone ringing on the ground. It was totally mangled and thrashed. I held it up for the crowd and a woman walked over to me and told me to put it back on the ground and just let it ring. *By now a fire had broken out by the power lines and people were heading calmly up into the building to try to retrieve their things. I looked around and was like WTF? *Then . . . I woke up in a quiet bedroom. *My bag was there and a cell phone, but it wasn't mine. I turned on the phone and their was film footage playing of teenagers in front of a modern building of steel and wood, but they were dressed in attire from the 40's. I put it down and walked into what seemed to be the hallway, but there were no walls. The rooms were separated by flowing cream colored curtains that hung from the high ceilings to the floor. I heard rustling behind one curtain and recognized my parent's voices. I found the kitchen. It was a very stark, modern space with dark cement countertops and steel hardware. There was another phone on the counter. It wasn't mine, but I picked it up and there was a game where you had to tap the gas cap of a crappy truck to help these rednecks fill their tank. *My parents walked in and I asked my mom where my phone was. She pointed toward a table by the door. I grabbed it and began to try to find if anyone had contacted me, but I couldn't get it to work. All the buttons were doing different things. *I walked outside and staring at my phone I got into the back of a car. I sat in it and faced backwards like I was looking out the back of a hatchback. I kept pushing buttons on my phone and realized that the car was moving. I looked up and realized that nobody was driving the car and I was heading into an intricate web of raised freeways in the middle of a huge, bustling city. I started frantically trying to call Jim, but my phone wouldn't work. I was again like WTF? Finally the car pulled itself in front of a row of white cottages surrounded by bushes and trees. The door opened and a bell hop reached in to help me out. A woman walked up and said, "I know who this is. This is Billy Idol." The bell hop nodded and looked at my phone. He said, "Nice phone. Best one out there" I stared down at my blank phone and then I woke up.

I had a dream this afternoon that my ex (the one that left me for one of my friends) talked to me for some reason. I got so angry that my entire face felt searing hot. I've never felt so hateful or angry toward anyone before. It was kinda scary.

I just had a dream last night that my friend Blake, a few boardies (Guedita, Courtney, RageAgainstTheAoki, Neighborhood Creep and Guedita from what I can remember) and I all took a vacation together to some exotic resort. We ended up just swimming in a pool and dropping acid while we took 4 hours to go on a beer run. The dream was so vivid that I legitimately felt like I tripped out during it too.

Dreamt of arriving at coach 2012 last night.. weekend 2 will be one for the books.

Had a couple of dreams last night. In one, Jen & I had a son, who looked like our nephew. He was a smart kid, only a toddler in the dream but very precocious, talking years ahead of his age. And at one point I was watching him play and I was suddenly struck with the realization that the innocence he had at that moment would very soon be gone and he would be severely mentally ill when he grows up and I was unable to move, I was so inconsolably depressed.

In another, I was angry at Jen and she was doing something on the ground. She said something that enraged me and I told her, "I want to fucking kick you in the head right now." She responded, "What, you're going to do it with your bottom foot?" To which I replied, "Yeah, with my bottom foot. As opposed to my left or right foot." This is only notable because of how vividly sarcastic I was.