Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Dreams...

hahhahahhahahha *edit* for ThatGirl

FB, were you close with these people? what are your memories of the house like, positive?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Oh the bump of this thread reminded me of the dream I had the other night. It was pretty intense. I was walking to the parking lot in my apartment complex and I looked up and saw a giant 747. I live close to the airport so it wasn't abnormal and it looked as though it had just taken off and was flying higher but it's nose turned straight up to the sky and then it seemed to tip onto it's back. I was frozen and everything went in slow motion as it slowly fell to the ground. It seemed like it was only a block or two away and once it hit the ground the explosion was huge and parts of metal started raining from the sky. I turned around to grab and cover Connor who was behind me and I woke up just before any of it hit and seemed like big giant parts were about to fall on us and around us. Scary.
    Very exciting.

One of my most vivid dreams came during a cat nap. It's quite similar to your dream, Faxy. I was on the Tarmac at Skyharbor Int'l and a plane flew over my shoulder to land in front of me. The landing didn't go so well. As the pilot tried to correct the plane's position, one wing dipped and an engine hit the runway. This caused a massive explosion, which raced to engulf me. Just as I felt the impact of the fire and debris, I awoke.

Awhile back, I was able to lucid dream frequently. Beyond realizing you're dreaming, I found the hardest part was to let go of the rules that govern the waking world. I would aim for the fantastic while not dictating the plot to the point of removing the randomness produced by the subconscious. This is easier said than done. More often than not, I would realize I'm dreaming and have a little fun, the mental effort of which would then alter the dream or I'd wake up.
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

if you dont have dreams anymore is it because you are living them?

are dream symbolic of goals...and if you have none your a loser?
    are the dreams there, but I dont remember them because of the drugs?
    Did I abuse DMT and burn up all of my dream sauce?

I used to read books on lucid dreaming and out of body experiences...I would manifest my own dreams and see myself leaving my body to do whatever I decided....Did I blow it by tampering w my dream?

Is my dream catcher stealing my dreams?
    Last edited by Goatchella; 11-23-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    You wanna fook on me?!

My husband has had to wake me up the past three nights in a row. One time I guess I was running in my dream and yelling at Izzy to run too. Last night I guess I was punching myself.

I don't remember the dreams. I only remember waking up totally terrified, and once I was crying.

In India they believe the waking dream, that is the one you have just as you are waking up, is the one that will come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

In soviet Russia, dreams have you!

I recently had a dream that radiohead were playing a small ass dimly lit hotel conference room. They were playing new songs that my subconscious totally made up and then they finished their set with "the beautiful people"....Fuckin weird....

Last Wednesday, I had a dream that I was watching Maury. As if that weren't horrific enough, the episode featured a hot new fetish craze that was sweeping the country: people who wanted to be cannibalized -- while they were alive. And so there were a few video pieces of these soon-to-be-cannibalized fetishists talking into the camera in the irritating way Maury's guests are wont to, then there they were, on stage in front of a live studio audience, getting eaten to death. The 2 specific images etched into my memory are: 1) this fat white guy with tanning booth goggles on looking at his cannibalizers (the one on the left with a goatee and long, bushy hair -- seems like a lumberjack; no distinct characteristics for the other guy) with a contented smile on his face, the lumberjack biting his right nipple off; and 2) a black guy whose torso has been consumed down to the point that you can just see his rib cag and spinal cord, the bottom half of his body having been completely devoured, and he falls off the couch that he was reclining on, finally having died.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

that is fucking bizarre, Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Someone has been watching too many episodes of Walking Dead.
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Sounds like a Rob Zombie movie. Sell the screenplay to him!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I had a dream last night of being at a huge party and Barbara the Ninja Nurse was playing the piano. Rather eloquently too.

I'm sure there was more to it but this is really all I can recall.

More bug dreams! I just moved into a new house with a friend who is very clean and neat. But in the dream, I had just moved in with 2 or 3 random guys. In the dream, my bed was surrounded by these big red Tick-like bugs. I had no shoes handy, so I somehow tiptoed out and there were scorpions and roaches around. Then, I saw what I thought was a rat dart out, and it jumped up and bit my hand. But it turned out to be a very cute, very vicious puppy. I finally got out, and in the parking lot, there were huge piles of dog shit everywhere I had to avoid. Some of it was bright green, and one of the roommates said "The dog ate all the weed, be careful."

Then, I woke up IN THE DREAM and looked over the edge of the bed and the ticks were gone. But the rest of the house was still full of scorpions.

As a coda, I got a video e-mail from a stand-up comic friend of mine who specializes in posting uncomfortable, inappropriate things on Facebook. In the video, he was in a big bathtub surrounded by candles, about to kiss this other guy he knows who is about 70. They were both wearing wedding rings. Then it dissolves to my friend baptizing terrified people in the bathtub, and finally he's in the tub with, like 12 creepily unattractive women, inviting the viewer to his pool party.

I would worry about this last part, but it's really something he would probably do. I'm hesitant to tell him about it, for fear my nightmare will become reality.

Bug

Taken from a dream analysis site:
    To see a bug in your dream, suggests that you are worried about something. It is symbolic of your anxieties and/or fears. What is literally bugging you? Consider also the popular phrase "bitten by the bug" to imply your strong emotional ties or involvement to some activity/interest/hobby. Alternatively, the bug may be representative of your sexual thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

My dream yesterday: I got to hang out with my best friend from childhood at his dorm at UCD. Some of my other friends were there too, who brought me on a chase after seeing Zooey Deschanel on campus. We caught up to her and were disappointed to find out it was only the lady from Paranormal Activity .
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

I had a weird dream about a gay resort in Vegas with saltwater swimming pools in the back of every hotel room, and Jacob and I had rented our own private room. There were weird huge dorm-style rooms too, and Salah was in one of those, although we did not know beforehand that Salah would be there. There were a lot of random people I don't know in the rooms/pools, and the dream culminated in a weird filmed scene from some HBO show with Evan Rachel Wood in it, all taking place in the biggest swimming pool/room. I'm not sure what HBO show although in reality I know she was in True Blood for a season or two. Something really frightening happened at the end, some kind of supernatural flying chase, as in someone was chasing/flying after me to hurt me.

Kind of a weird, fucked-up dream. I know that the swimming pools represent sexual feelings, not sure about all the people and the hbo show and chase thing. The dream made an impression on me though because I keep thinking about it.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I've been having a lot of bad tattoo dreams lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I know that the swimming pools represent sexual feelings
    Wow, that's very interesting. I didn't know that. I gave someone a Dream Dictionary (or something like that) for Christmas one year, but I always wished I had kept it for myself.

Well, I know that water is traditionally supposed to be sexual, and anyway, I am always doing weird sexual things in the pools in my dreams, so...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Bug

Taken from a dream analysis site:
    To see a bug in your dream, suggests that you are worried about something. It is symbolic of your anxieties and/or fears. What is literally bugging you? Consider also the popular phrase "bitten by the bug" to imply your strong emotional ties or involvement to some activity/interest/hobby. Alternatively, the bug may be representative of your sexual thoughts.
    Yes, that's come up before. I've been posting bug dreams for a few months, and I've had plenty to worry about, well, for about 3 1/2 years now.

EDIT- The three random male roommates probably came from watching New Girl right before bed. Should have stuck with Walking Dead.

Also, there is probably some literal stuff there, as I have been walking around with no shoes on and I don't really know this house yet. The backyard backs up to some kind of farmland that's currently not in use and could be a bug zoo for all I know. There are definitely crickets in here, but they don't bother me.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 12-01-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Mis, sounds like you're thinking of getting a new one?

Amy, your dream screams repression on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    My dream yesterday: I got to hang out with my best friend from childhood at his dorm at UCD. Some of my other friends were there too, who brought me on a chase after seeing Zooey Deschanel on campus. We caught up to her and were disappointed to find out it was only the lady from Paranormal Activity .
    Do you feel like your missing out on things? Other people are doing all the things that you'd like to be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Mis, sounds like you're thinking of getting a new one?
    That seems a bit literal.

It is. But her subconscious is questioning her choices and (not) knowing mis I'm guessing her conscious won't acknowledge the doubt.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i had a dream the other night where i was in my car near an ocean and i had this incredibly peaceful feeling that felt like it was going over my whole body. it was also incredibly vivid too which has been occurring a lot lately. it feels like my dreams are as clear as when i'm awake, which rarely happened before.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Do you feel like your missing out on things? Other people are doing all the things that you'd like to be doing?
    I do feel like I'm missing out on things. Well more specifically girls. Don't have any female friends that I hang out with currently.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

One of the most vivid and horrifying nightmares I've had happened only several months ago while I was sleeping with my girlfriend at the time.
    I was in the kitchen of my old house during the daytime when I heard a huge ruckus coming from up my driveway (this driveway is a steep incline from the house and prevents you from seeing the actual street). As I was walking up the driveway the ruckus started to resemble a music festival, I could hear carousing and nondescript EDM was playing (at least now it is, I might have recognized the song during the dream but I forgot) and I could see wisps of color and possibly musical notes being thrown and floating in the air but that's all I could see walking up the driveway. I start to run up the driveway and yell towards the music assuming that a bunch of kids are the cause of this magical rave. I run up there to see the colors disperse and to my surprise I see a small group of very young kids, between the ages of 3-11 and that there's no festival, just these kids. They scatter and I notice a very young boy, probably three or two, running from me down the middle of the street, I try to catch him because I see my girlfriend's mom's van coming. I can't get there nor can I speak or scream at this point and I notice that my girlfriend's mom is driving the van. The mother doesn't try to brake or veer until the very last second, the child trips and the van does a weird bounce that brings the passenger tire crashing down on top of the child. I don't actually see the child get hit, I woke up screaming at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I was so tired last night I kept dreaming about waking up to find it was 5 pm and I'd missed the whole day & everything I had planned.

I eventually woke up to find it was 7.30 am.

I dreamed that Coachella actually took place in a big two-building barn on a lake, which was basically just a couple cavernous spaces with a small complex of offices between them. I showed up a few days early with my friend Kate, and we wanted to go sit on the beach and eat lunch. We were walking through the barn and office area to get to the lake, but then we turned around and Psychic Friend was there and told me that we were in trouble because we weren't supposed to be there now and one of the farmers had heard us talking about Coachella so he knew we were fans. But then PF told us that it would be ok if we just stayed there in the barn for a while, because then the farmers would know that we were really there for the barn and not just Coachella, and they would be ok with that. So we went to the second barn's cavernous room, and we started helping Psychic Friend move hay around to make a platform for stages. Ivankay showed up and started helping too.

Then when all the hay was perfect, it was time for the festival to start, but Psychic Friend said she needed to show a couch out front so we went and there was this big, foamy sofabed and she was demonstrating it to two women, and telling them how the foam was really good for the Florida humidity. My little sister was there too. Then a guy came and it turned out he was the heir of some old manufacturing fortune, and he told us stories about flying planes. And then someone some socialite showed up and was checking out the couch too. I didn't realize it while sitting on the couch, but apparently Psychic Friend is a marketing genius and had been filming the whole thing because the next thing I knew, there was some really great promo video about all the interesting people on the internet.

I had a dream that my grandmother gave me every single check I had ever written. None of them had been cashed, but instead saved. All the rent checks that I had ever written, all the bill checks I had ever written, and even the personal checks too. Suddenly the money was all mine again. She said something along the lines of, "being responsible for such a long time has paid off." Or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.