Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    ThatGirl, I think someone's clock is ticking.
    My clock has stopped ticking actually. It was always kind of broken. My days of potentially manufacturing spawn are over. Any other theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Well, the color blue can represent sadness and put into the context of your dream I assumed one thing. Now, maybe it's a sense of regret.

I think someone misses the good old days.

Hannah?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I had a dream that my brother was driving my car around suburbia and crashed it and died. I was very sad, but I also remember thinking that at least I didn't have to worry about having a car anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

When was the last time you drove your car, and when was the last time you saw your brother?

Might be blowing your mind but I totally drove my brother around on Sunday.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Lol

Brothers can represent qualities in yourself that you and he share. The car is the common denominator.

I'm pretty sure it's 'cause I drove him around and then had Nyquil like, every night after that. Nyquil dreams are extra-vivid.

Courtney . . . you got water, Tigers (a symbol of power and virility), and the unwanted yet embraced sexual advances of a stranger, whilst a "boyfriend" sits by conjuring feelings of guilt in you for accepting the strangers touch, and the crowd around you falls prey to the tricks of magic . . . Let me just ask one question . . .

Are you in a relationship right now?
    Heh. I'm single. But yeah -- I think my subconscious is definitely processing through some relationship stuff my last period of intimacy.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I'm imaging Madonna's Erotica video in Courtney's dream.
    That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I recently dreamt that I was on a train and FOI and PvK came back to the car where I was sitting and asked if I wanted to come up and play cards with them. I said no and then we all became visibly uncomfortable. Dream big, Hannah.
    This is amazing.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Oh the bump of this thread reminded me of the dream I had the other night. It was pretty intense. I was walking to the parking lot in my apartment complex and I looked up and saw a giant 747. I live close to the airport so it wasn't abnormal and it looked as though it had just taken off and was flying higher but it's nose turned straight up to the sky and then it seemed to tip onto it's back. I was frozen and everything went in slow motion as it slowly fell to the ground. It seemed like it was only a block or two away and once it hit the ground the explosion was huge and parts of metal started raining from the sky. I turned around to grab and cover Connor who was behind me and I woke up just before any of it hit and seemed like big giant parts were about to fall on us and around us. Scary.

Are you feeling a loss of control?

That's a freaky dream, faxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Yes, that sounds very upsetting.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Are you feeling a loss of control?
    Sometimes. I usually let things go for a bit and then pick up the slack and take control again. Unless it was more specifically about my control over Connor. I wondered if it had to do with some fear of being unable to protect him as he grows up in general. Hmm.

Is Algunz the resident dream expert in this thread? A dream analyst perhaps?
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Oh the bump of this thread reminded me of the dream I had the other night. It was pretty intense. I was walking to the parking lot in my apartment complex and I looked up and saw a giant 747. I live close to the airport so it wasn't abnormal and it looked as though it had just taken off and was flying higher but it's nose turned straight up to the sky and then it seemed to tip onto it's back. I was frozen and everything went in slow motion as it slowly fell to the ground. It seemed like it was only a block or two away and once it hit the ground the explosion was huge and parts of metal started raining from the sky. I turned around to grab and cover Connor who was behind me and I woke up just before any of it hit and seemed like big giant parts were about to fall on us and around us. Scary.
    I started having dreams about destruction of buildings and planes after Sept 11th. They lasted a year or two.

I still have those. That's PTS.

I'm no expert. I've just been fascinated by dreams and what they can represent for years. As Mis likes to point out often, I am making guesses here.

It's not just you. I find the field of dream analysis to be specious at best.

It can definitely be specious, but it's not always wrong.

OK here is a doozy. I dreamt last night that the term "Radiohead" was actually derived from a technology that allowed you to use radiation to guage the size and shape of your head to determine what headphones would fit you the best. Very weird.

Haha, I got nothing.

Coachella dream last night, very bizarre. We drove through an urban setting -- it seemed like Chicago -- to get to the festival. My girlfriend had to get ready (like we were going out to dinner or something, not a music festival), and I went in ahead of her. I went to see the Shins, who were playing on the outdoor stage, but spent their entire set arguing Larry David-style with a bunch of waify 19 year old girls about the finer points of concert etiquette. The band playing looked and sounded nothing like the Shins. Then I realized I didn't even know who was playing or headlining the festival, so I pulled up the lineup on my iPhone and found out it was Depeche Mode (with Morrissey subheadlining) the first night, and the Cure the second night. I was really excited and was running around trying to get confirmation if this was the first time that all three kings of '80s mopey British alternative were playing the same festival. Then I kept trying to find out who was playing Sunday, expecting that it would be Radiohead. Finally, my phone loaded and I found out it would be Kiss. Then I went back to the hotel or room or wherever my girlfriend was getting ready, and I noticed all of these Kiss fans everywhere -- in the makeup and costumes -- which made no sense to me at all in the context of Coachella. It was upsetting enough that I woke up at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

The Cure and Depeche Mode make that a great dream! I fully expect my Coachella dreams will commence the closer we get to February. Stressing about the lineup, money, which weekend, that will bring it on for sure.

I'm at Coachella. It's nighttime. I've got a really bad cold, so I'm sitting in a folding chair, wrapped up in a wool blanket, on this wide expanse of asphalt (no grass to be seen anywhere). Everyone's off to see the headliner, so it's just me and a few other people in this isolated spot.

Along comes this group of guys in dark suits and ties, wearing welding masks and carrying heavy-duty, handheld construction equipment: grinders, concrete cutters, pneumatic tamper-thingies (whatever it is they call those things that pack dirt/gravel down really tight). They line up in a row, and systematically begin tearing up the asphalt. Except, that's not exactly what they're doing; they've somehow devised a way for all their tools to create different notes, and they're making music while sparks fly everywhere. It's amazing. It only lasts for a few minutes, and only about eight of us see it. Including Ivankay, who's right in front. (I'm off to one side because I don't want the sparks to catch my blanket on fire.)

When it ends, they throw off their masks and it's Jarvis Cocker, Jerry Garcia, David Byrne, and Robert Carlyle (the actor). They're all happy and excited and tell us thanks for coming to the show, and they'll be back tomorrow night for the next installment. And I look at Mike and say, "you got that, right??? YOU GOT THAT, DIDN'T YOU???" And he's smiling like crazy and nods yes. They grab their tools and run off and that's that.

I woke up and thought holy crap that'd be one hell of a Coachella show. Hah.
    Last edited by HowToDisappear; 11-14-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

I'll probably write my dreams in this thread since I want to keep a dream diary in order to lucid dream. Anyway, my dream was vivid, but I vaguely remember what exactly happened because I was in different scenarios every time. One moment that I mostly remember was making out with this chick who looked like the singer Lights (that's the best description I can think of). I knew who she was in this dream, but no one in my reality even draws a resemblance to her. We were looking at this pop culture website together, and she grabbed my hand and gripped it tightly. I was surprised from this action because I barely know her and I assumed that she was younger than me. Anyway, we were picking some dubstep/electro songs from this website for a playlist, then I proceeded to initiate a long making-out session with her. I don't know why this happened, but it felt real.

After a couple of minutes she got up ready to leave, and I was prepared to ask for her number, but she asked for mine first. I told her the digits, but for a split second I couldn't remember the last one. Finally, I told her the right digit, and I said, "Yeah if I told you the wrong digit you wouldn't want to be talking to my mom lol." (yeah I said lol). She left and I contemplated if I should call her a day after or wait. I decided on the latter since I thought to myself I wasn't looking for anything serious and I didn't want to put too much stock into something in the premature stages. Plus, she seemed like those good-girl-turned-bad type of deals so I didn't want to be lead on too quick. I suddenly woke up.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

I rarely recall my dreams. Last night's dream was the first one I've remembered in 5 or 6 weeks. It stretched on for what felt like 40 or 50 minutes, but it could have just been a few. I walk up to this beautiful beach. Long grass, soft white sand, clear blue water. Looks like Northern California perhaps; definitely not a tropical area. Huge craggy mountains directly behind the beach covered in moss. The beach is completely deserted. It's early afternoon. I strip and walk into the ocean. The water's just right. I swim up and down the beach (somehow) and it feels magnificent. Run out of the water and lie on the sand in the mid afternoon sun. As I'm lying on my back with my eyes closed, sun pulsing down, I keep hearing this distant high pitched... whistle perhaps. But I ignore it; I'm enjoying the sun. But the whistle keeps getting louder and eventually gets so loud that it sounds like it's just feet away and so I open my eyes turn to my right and see a steam powered locomotive hurtling towards me (somehow on the beach itself). Of course, i wake up seconds before it hits me.

in san clemente the ocean liner trains roll through feet away from us at a certain surf spot.
    you can walk under the concrete bridge thing and sometimes the tide pushes the sand up so you can croutch forward and push your back against the concrete as the train rolls over. your story just took me there.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Last night I dreamt about the Thickets thread and that Yellowbird404 had resurfaced on the board and caused some sort of uprising. Very peculiar.

Last night I dreamt that my cousin sold my aunt's house and moved to Fontana. I was walking through an empty house and stopping in places that had memories. It was a sunny day, but it was cool inside. I took pictures then drove to my godfathers house. He was also moving but he was moving to San Fernando. Not many memories but also walking around an empty house.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.