Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: Dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    The next couple nights my boring dreams kept getting interrupted and therefore remembered when in my dream I recalled this bookbag I was supposed to have. Like a miracle, someone would show up with it out of nowhere and I'd start going to town.
    I love it when there is continuity between dreams. that doesn't happen often enough.

I had this dream the other morning where in the middle of the dream I thought to myself (in the dream) that maybe I should stop dreaming, wake up, and look at the clock. So I did -- not in the dream but in reality, I woke up and looked at the clock, and saw it was time to get up.

Hannah, file this one in the 'getting old sucks' category.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    over 10 million views on you-tube

File under: YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK

I'm very tempted to download this and play it on peoples' voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denies the day View Post
    File under: YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK

I'm very tempted to download this and play it on peoples' voicemail.
    Actually, file it under YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK SEVERAL MONTHS AGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Iz innanetz amachurr.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

I was leaving my friend Joanie's house and walking through the parking lot back to my car and all of a sudden there is this deep rumbling noise and intense heat and sort of vibrations or maybe they were sound waves. I looked over to the elevated freeway nearby and there were all these massive multi-story aircraft driving along it, mostly US military spec with gray paint, with open bays revealing some sort of missiles in them. All of a sudden I could only move very slowly but I knew that I needed to get back to my car because otherwise my eardrums were going to start bleeding and who knows what kind of weird radiation I was being exposed to.

It was very vivid. I actually woke up and may have gone to the computer and checked the AP news wire just in case, which I realize is absolutely insane.

Default Recurring Dream

I've been having a recurring dream-maybe once or twice a month.

The dream is that I'm not at home. I'm living with my parents because my house is 'unavailable' for various reasons (termites, a fire, I just don't want to be there, whatever). I'm always trying to figure out a way to move back into my house.

When I finally get back there, it's not my house..it's a completely extra-large mansion type house that I could never afford with a shitload of theme rooms and stuff. Then I wake up.

The hell?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Banned

I can dream about you.

Ok so I had this weird last night (this morning, whatever), where like the bootleg recording police came and raided my house/room. It was like they knocked on my door late at night, and came rushing in and didnt really give a reason, but next thing I know, they were taking all these shoe boxes (which I keep all my live recordings/bootlegs in) out of my room and taking them outside, and I started freaking out. I remember yelling something about not taking a couple rare Nirvana ones, and the officers just gave me some hard looks and kept on doing their business. So I went and sat down on the couch completely devistated and freaking out, and all the lights and sirens of the cars were flashing on the walls of my house.

Then one of the officers came back in and said they didn't find what they were looking for, and I could have all my recordings back, and I felt relieved for a minute. So I went to the garage where they put all my shoe boxes, and I looked in them, and they had dumped all the CDs out of their paper sleeves (that's how I store the CDs, I mark the envelopes and not the CDs themselves), and I started freaking out again, because I had like hundreds of unmarked CDs now laying everywhere and I didn't know which were which, and then I just kept thinking how much I wanted to just go hurt these cops. Then I woke up kinda panicked and look by my bed and still saw the shoe boxes laying there, and felt a little relieved. It was weird.

It's weird to think that just before you wake up the worst segments of your dreams come out, which is probably what you were recollecting. Have you ever written down immediately what you dreamt before you forgot it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Biting the heads off of sparrows and stacking them neatly. Black metal that turns to liquid and surrounds my hands. Crumbling teeth. Bodies down wells. Fields of rye. Anabella Sciorra. George C. Scott. Death. Victory.

But then again, I have real problems.

I've been having nightly dreams of different individuals I work with, good and bad. Is it because the season is coming to an end, or because I'm overworked and sick of the damn place? Either way, it's wrong...I should be having wonderful dreams of Coachella coming, dammit!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I had such a weird and disturbing dream the other day. I was in a house witha friend, and the living room was really modern and basically the whole front wall was just a window. And some guy was working on the roof or something? I only know that because all of a sudden some guy was swinging in front of the window by a cord and he was being eletricuted. So he was just swinging there but we could help or we would get fried. Finally, the firetrucks came. Now the guy was back on top of the roof? I guess? anyway... two teams of about 6 firemen had these huge shaggy dogs on big leashes and the dogs ran ahead of them and climbed straight up the glass windows and then pulled the firemen up... like the sweetest ladder ever or something. Then I knew the guy was getting help. Then I woke up.

Seriously, SO creepy, even now remembering it, thinking of that guy swinging in front of the windows... eek. Don't know where that dream came from.

EDIT: No word of a lie. A couple years ago I watched some detective true life show and there was a girl who disappeared for days. No one knew where she was. Then some random lady had a dream about a girl stuck in her car at the bottom of a cliff. The random women drove there and the missing girl was really there! Stuck in her smashed up car she drove off the cliff into the woods about a week before. Ever since then, I have actually been keeping my own dream 'journal'. I write down what I can. It's harder than I expected to wake up and write down your dream. Usually if you don't do it RIGHT away you forget. I don't have anything as good as that lady. I have things like cats running for president and chickens turning into catapillars. But I like to go back and read it. Sometimes I think about making a show of all 30 second clips of my dreams. It would be the most fucked up half hour ever. Like robot chicken probably, but better.
    Last edited by Melanie.Dawn; 04-14-2008 at 12:20 PM.
    Take this job and shove it. Adios, I'm a ghost, I am leaving for the coast and I'll never work for anyone again...

i hate listening to other people's dreams. it's like flipping through a stack of photographs - if i'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, i just don't care.

I was buttering up a loaf of tasty banana bread this morning...and then i awoke.

I like reading other people's dreams, and I also like re-reading my own. Hidden meaning in dreams is bull, but I feel that way about most things that people think mean other things.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I like reading other people's dreams, and I also like re-reading my own. Hidden meaning in dreams is bull, but I feel that way about most things that people think mean other things.
    I just re-read the dream I posted earlier in this thread, and don't recall who I was referring to. by a process of elimination... it's actually kinda strange and creepy.

I was at a festival of some kind under some huge clear tents, just sitting, when I decided to stroll around and look at some vendor booths with a friend. My friend was a skinny, short guy with goofy hair and a pink shirt. We walked through a little separation and started looking at booths, and by the time we were done, he had turned into a small cross between a lap dog and a weasel. We were leaving the booth area and he ran away, so I chased him outside the festival grounds.

He disappeared into this hellish looking house-church-thing that you had to go down some stairs to enter and had a red-orange glow from the inside. I knew that once I went in, I was trapped until I earned my way back out. I had to get him back, so I went in and wound up in a hallway. I went door to door down the hallway through various rooms. I was stuck in each room while something commandment-breaking happened, and I had to react accordingly and pass a test to get through to the next room.

I maintained a strict policy of "this is none of my damn business", and somehow made it through to the last test, which was a series of three doors. I touched one of the doorknobs, and "test #1" lit up on the door and it opened and let me in.

When I went inside, it was a gymnasium with blue floor mats laid out and giant puzzles (one red, one green) waiting to be put together. I was told that I had to put one together within a certain amount of time, or one of the dangerous things hanging from the ceiling would fall on me. I started to do the green puzzle, but I didn't finish it and a big thing with blades started to fall from the ceiling. It didn't come all the way down, because I had some tools in my pocket and macgyvered something to stay the rope, but I cut my left hand in the process. They considered that passing the test, and let me leave the house with my weird dog-weasel-friend.

(Look how interesting I am).

All my dreams end up morphing into perverted sex ones in the end, so there's not much use retelling them.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

I'd say that depends entirely on who's featuring. If you have a sex dream about Richard Simmons, for example, we need to know about it.

Dammit, you had to put his name in my head..

If it comes to that point, I'll gladly be spilling my tales on here for some much needed psycho analysis.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

just yesterday I had a dream that someone very close to me in my family died (I don't want to say who, because I don't want to make it anymore real than it already felt) the dream had so many intricate details of actual events occurring in my life at the moment that I was extremely confused upon waking.....I woke up with such horrible dread that I literally had to ask my brother to make sure it didn't really happen
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    It's funny because it's true. It is interesting to the self to tell other people about what one dreams because it scratches a narcissitic itch (look how interesting I am, my subconcious is filled with impressive hidden meaning), but you can't really make anybody care.
    I actually disagree with this! I don't share because of the 'narcissitic itch'... I share because I am actually blown away by myself. I mean sometimes they are so weird you HAVE to share. If something crazy happened to you at the bus stop... you would probably tell people. Is that also scratching the narcissitic itch?'
    Take this job and shove it. Adios, I'm a ghost, I am leaving for the coast and I'll never work for anyone again...

Broke trust in two. Now no one's looking out for you. Why keep it cruel? Why waste so much to play the fool?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    I share because I am actually blown away by myself.

Look how interesting she is.

i think i'm just REALLY stressed from school. i had this dream about a test i took about a week ago. i was in class, but it wasn't my class, and we were getting our tests back. it was kinda like an american idol thing where the lowest score, or in this case 3 lowest scores, has to leave the class. i'm thinking i did brilliant and i got one of three lowest scores by a point and i have to drop the class. i freak out and start crying because i can't take it over and i need the class to graduate and i don't know what all. in real life i do have the time to take it over and am not freaked out about it but i'm going crazy in my dream.

i woke up frantic and realized how stupid that scenario was. i ended up doing pretty well on my test but that was horrible.
    Last edited by luveebunni08; 04-15-2008 at 09:54 AM.

I had a dream last night and it had a few of you in it. I can't remember all of you , but blah blah blah, blah blah blah were there. I remember them because they were the ones I interacted with most. There were three other people there, two of which were males. I just can't see their faces right now. I wanna say the stache was there though. We were hanging out at my girlfriends old place, watching movies. I think maybe we watched the Goonies or something.

At one point I think I was falling asleep and may have been sick. Couldn't breath through my nose properly. blah blah blah was putting some kind of Vic's Vap-o-rub on me as a mustache and I woke up. It helped, but it was still funny cause it was a stache. I left it on. We were talking about it for a bit and then I went and sat next to blah blah blah. Something came up about her toes which I thought were long. I pm'ed her earlier (in real life) and inquired about this. Turns out it's not her toes, but she said something like that about someone else. So I'm sitting next to blah blah blah and we were holding hands. Absolutely in the most innocent way possible, it seemed we were all good friends. So, again, it came up in convo about her toes, she pulled back the blanket(we were on the floor, not sharing the blanket. see, it's innocent) and busts out her toes and they were fucking long as hell. Then we were holding hands and feet. Her foot, my hand, fingers and toes interlocked. I didn't really like it, but it was funny as hell. Then shortly after I woke up.

I would have never said anything, but this is the second dream I've had about hanging out with board members. And it was funny. In my dream anyway.

So blah blah blah, thank you for the Vic's stache. And blah blah blah, glad your toes aren't that long. For those who were there that I forgot, sorry. And to all of you, stay the fuck out of my head. Thank you. Oh and blah blah blah, you weren't drunk.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the last time I had a dream about you guys I was in chat right before I went to bed. The people in my dream were in chat last night. Must be why.
    Last edited by marooko; 05-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Hannah's toes are fairly long. Also hairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop