Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1105

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

Algunz, are you enjoying the 3-day weekend?

Yes, but I didn't sleep very well last night.

You funny.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Bmack, what is your relationship with Hawaii? Vacation, family, work?
    In the dream (and in real life) I was there as part of a family vacation.

But I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I've been craving spam musubi.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Yes, dreams can be that simple, but they rarely are.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What are the women like?
    Friends, which makes it weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Something to do with me being part of an extermination unit and that I was eventually put on the list to be exterminated. Towards the end, I was able to track down the person who thought they killed me and I killed them, then we both died and began the chase again in another life. The first one took place in the current then it went to times of the old west, then it went to my high school years. I used a large screwdriver to puncture someone's head, then go inward into their brain. The technology part was exciting.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Were you scared or was it fun?

Last night I dreamt that I woke up at home on the Friday morning of Coachella at 3:30 in the afternoon. I started crying because I’d miss almost everything that day. I work up with tears in my eyes. I wiped my face with the sheets, noticed that the alarm clock showed 1:53AM then went back to bed.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I had my lucid monster dream last night. It's so exhausting. I'm in the penthouse of a high rise apartment building. It's spacious and there's an indoor pool. (I hate indoor pools.) There are monsters, octopus like and hungry, coming up through the floors. The floors of the living space and the pool. I'm powerless and trying in vain to help those around me. Sometimes it's friends and family. Other times it's strangers. Then I'll kind of wake-up and regretfully fall back to sleep to fight uselessly against a different monster but in the exact same setting. I wake up sweaty and tired. It sucks. Thankfully, it's been at least 6 months since my last one.

Eat anytihng weird that may have caused the dream?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

some dreams are significant, and some are just random reflections of thought and memories.

I dreamt last night that our house was infested with tiny mice, that lived on the top of our kitchen cabinetry. All the mouse droppings were up there, and since I rarely clean up there I never saw anything. Then the dogs were really upset that we were trying to kill the mice because they had made friends and were playing with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I had a dream where I broke something in my rear ankle. I was awake during the operation and helping with the procedure.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

My new sleeping meds give me some very vivid dreams. I had a dream I was on the verge of having sex with a board member, I woke up just before the deed though, whew!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

like the old Whiskeytown song, was too drunk to dream last night.

Driving down to see a friend I haven't seen in nearly twenty years today though. Anyone in San Diego want to get laid or eat at Brown Bag or Nati's? I ain't fucking his bald ass.

Last edited by lehorne; 04-26-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Classy

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

I had a dream last night that TallGuy came by my house to drop off some concert tickets. We were sitting outside at a picnic table having a beer. Chris was sitting next to Izzy and across from a high school friend who had 2 kids with him. The kids were being really loud and annoying. Izzy and Chris kept rolling their eyes at each other clearly on the same page regarding how obnoxious these kids were being. It was quite cute.

Saturday

I'm walking down the street and say something snide about homeless people to a group that I pass. One of them is particularly offended and starts to follow me. He doesn't appear to be homeless; he's Hispanic but isn't dressed like a gangbanger. If anything, he looks just like some normal guy who attends community college. He's got on a black shirt and khakis and asks me, "What'd you say about homeless people?" And I repeated whatever it was I said and continued on my way, not really giving a shit about him. And I go into this convenience store where I meet up with Jen and there's like a wedding reception taking place. I go to leave and the homeless Hispanic is still following me. He asks me again what I said about homeless people and I said, "They steal. I mean, they sell. I don't know why I said they steal when I meant that they sell." And he's suddenly not only standing between me and the doorway but he's black and stocky, with a shaved head. I'm intimidated and he starts sermonizing to me about what an asshole I am for talking shit about homeless people. I sit down in a plastic chair as he rants at me. Then I remember that I've been going to kickboxing for more than a year and I'm like, "Fuck this guy," so I get up and start bouncing around like I'm a boxer. I punch him in the head a few times, inexplicably holding back as though I didn't want to piss him off, tossing in a few kicks to the body. He laughs off my assault and throws a retaliatory kick with his right leg. I catch it and pivot to my left, breaking his leg horrifically, high up on the femur. He crumples to the ground and screams in agony. I tell him, "I'm going to bite you because I can," and proceed to take a bite out of his shin. The wound is like what you'd expect to be inflicted by Jaws. The shark. And he looks at the gaping hole that's replaced his shin bone with wide eyes and I finally let go of his right leg and walk out of the store.

Last night

I run into a coworker from my former department, Brooke, while walking out of the building. She starts talking shit about my friend Brandie, who prepared me for Brooke's shenanigans, and instead of telling her to fuck off, I listen to her and pretend to be sympathetic to what she has to say so that I can relay it to Brandie. We head out to the parking lot, which is a multiple-story concrete lot, the kind that you'd find in any metropolitan downtown district, especially next to a bank. It's five o'clock and everybody's leaving at once. I stop near the entrance to the level where my car happens to be to let the salespeople who are leaving walk past us. Brooke becomes Adrienne and it turns out I'm giving her a ride home. We go to my Kia Soul, which is parked next to Dan's car. Dan is a sales manager who reminds me of Pete Campbell from Mad Men. He's got 3 of the reps on his team carpooling with him and they're all lollygagging in getting into the fucking car. I start to regret being courteous and letting them go ahead of me and get impatient, yelling, "God, hurry up already." But then just as quickly, I pretend that I'm not serious. "I'm mostly kidding." I'm beside the car, inches away from getting into my own vehicle, talking to Dan, when I'm in the back seat, against the passenger's side window, and Dan is leaving. He's suddenly in a hurry and I need to get out so I can get to my car. Being that he's in a hurry, he can't be bothered to slow down for the shortest of moments. I slowly get more agitated as he descends one level of the parking garage after another. The other male sales rep (there are also 2 female reps, both of whom are in the back seat with me) realizes that I'm a fucking time bomb and tries to reason with Dan to slow down long enough for me to get out of the car but Dan is oblivious. There is absolutely no traffic as he exits the parking garage to get onto the street, so there isn't any time for me to get out. And as he approaches a red light to make a left turn, I finally see an opportunity to seize, but the light immediately turns green and he floors it despite the protestations from the guy riding shotgun. I'm finally ballistic and tell him, "You cock-sucking fagg0t, I'm going to kick your ass tomorrow." And in the eyeblink that he takes to brake before making his left hand turn, I open the door and step out of the car. I start running back to my car but I lost my glasses somewhere along the line and everything's blurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

A high school teacher assigned the class a partners creative writing project wherein we had free reign, except we had to perform the piece we'd written. Every other partner group in the class did something funny; I decided I didn't want to perform and thus was going to write something where my character was dead. I ended up writing a series of memos - like Dale Cooper to Diane in Twin Peaks - that my partner read to the class while I just laid on the floor "dead" (snoozing). Everyone was extremely uncomfortable.

I award my dream self big points for being super lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

A few days ago:

Fist bumped Daniel Radcliffe, and then heard that morning on the radio that it was his birthday. Awesome.

I love dreams.

99% of my dreams are me running errands or trying to accomplish something, and failing to do so.
    And then I wake up stressed out and pissed. Now I have to get up and actually do stuff.

My sister on the other hand, has had dreams of just sitting on a stool in a solid white room.... just humming. WTF

I keep having dreams about zombies or ghosts. I keep waking up scared, and feeling like there is someone in my room with me. I know it's completely irrational, but I have to fully wake up, turn on a light and look around my room to make sure no one is there. I wish these fuckers would just let me sleep.

Spirits watching over you
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

No, something is eating you. Haunting you. Anxiety caused by?

The thing I never understood is...
    if zombies existed, why are they inclined to eat living people/brains. Who knows that for sure....?

I like FB's answer better. The anxiety isn't going anywhere, so I guess I am stuck with these fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Saturday

I'm walking down the street and say something snide about homeless people to a group that I pass. One of them is particularly offended and starts to follow me. He doesn't appear to be homeless; he's Hispanic but isn't dressed like a gangbanger. If anything, he looks just like some normal guy who attends community college. He's got on a black shirt and khakis and asks me, "What'd you say about homeless people?" And I repeated whatever it was I said and continued on my way, not really giving a shit about him. And I go into this convenience store where I meet up with Jen and there's like a wedding reception taking place. I go to leave and the homeless Hispanic is still following me. He asks me again what I said about homeless people and I said, "They steal. I mean, they sell. I don't know why I said they steal when I meant that they sell." And he's suddenly not only standing between me and the doorway but he's black and stocky, with a shaved head. I'm intimidated and he starts sermonizing to me about what an asshole I am for talking shit about homeless people. I sit down in a plastic chair as he rants at me. Then I remember that I've been going to kickboxing for more than a year and I'm like, "Fuck this guy," so I get up and start bouncing around like I'm a boxer. I punch him in the head a few times, inexplicably holding back as though I didn't want to piss him off, tossing in a few kicks to the body. He laughs off my assault and throws a retaliatory kick with his right leg. I catch it and pivot to my left, breaking his leg horrifically, high up on the femur. He crumples to the ground and screams in agony. I tell him, "I'm going to bite you because I can," and proceed to take a bite out of his shin. The wound is like what you'd expect to be inflicted by Jaws. The shark. And he looks at the gaping hole that's replaced his shin bone with wide eyes and I finally let go of his right leg and walk out of the store.

Last night

I run into a coworker from my former department, Brooke, while walking out of the building. She starts talking shit about my friend Brandie, who prepared me for Brooke's shenanigans, and instead of telling her to fuck off, I listen to her and pretend to be sympathetic to what she has to say so that I can relay it to Brandie. We head out to the parking lot, which is a multiple-story concrete lot, the kind that you'd find in any metropolitan downtown district, especially next to a bank. It's five o'clock and everybody's leaving at once. I stop near the entrance to the level where my car happens to be to let the salespeople who are leaving walk past us. Brooke becomes Adrienne and it turns out I'm giving her a ride home. We go to my Kia Soul, which is parked next to Dan's car. Dan is a sales manager who reminds me of Pete Campbell from Mad Men. He's got 3 of the reps on his team carpooling with him and they're all lollygagging in getting into the fucking car. I start to regret being courteous and letting them go ahead of me and get impatient, yelling, "God, hurry up already." But then just as quickly, I pretend that I'm not serious. "I'm mostly kidding." I'm beside the car, inches away from getting into my own vehicle, talking to Dan, when I'm in the back seat, against the passenger's side window, and Dan is leaving. He's suddenly in a hurry and I need to get out so I can get to my car. Being that he's in a hurry, he can't be bothered to slow down for the shortest of moments. I slowly get more agitated as he descends one level of the parking garage after another. The other male sales rep (there are also 2 female reps, both of whom are in the back seat with me) realizes that I'm a fucking time bomb and tries to reason with Dan to slow down long enough for me to get out of the car but Dan is oblivious. There is absolutely no traffic as he exits the parking garage to get onto the street, so there isn't any time for me to get out. And as he approaches a red light to make a left turn, I finally see an opportunity to seize, but the light immediately turns green and he floors it despite the protestations from the guy riding shotgun. I'm finally ballistic and tell him, "You cock-sucking fagg0t, I'm going to kick your ass tomorrow." And in the eyeblink that he takes to brake before making his left hand turn, I open the door and step out of the car. I start running back to my car but I lost my glasses somewhere along the line and everything's blurry.
    Wow, Rick. I'd read these before, but I chose not to respond. Now, I'm choosing to. You need to loosen up. I know you already know this.