Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Re: Dreams...

THE TEACHER IS MODEST

I think the dream I had last night was in response to the story that Tom posted about United Airlines yesterday, with the kid that got lost at her connection point. I dreamed I was in Toronto because I had to fly to Denmark, and I was staying with strangers in Toronto that were responsible for getting me there on time to make the flight. I had (or thought I had) a large suitcase and 2 smaller carry ons and when we arrived at the airport, but when we were trying to find the international departures area we didn't know where to go, and the elevators were under repair, and noone could tell us how to get to the place I needed to be. The flight was leaving in an hour and a half, and I wasn't checked in, and then I realized that I left my belongings from my large suitcase, unpacked and strewn all over the house of these people I was staying with. I had no idea who they were or why they were supposed to help me, but they were trying to reassure me they'd pack up my stuff and send it on a later flight for me. I woke up still amidst the mass confusion and frustration of the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I'll bet you're feeling like life is in disarray. Strangers can be trusted, but you need to trust yourself too though.

I like that Jen & I visited both Cara & Amy's dreams on August 8. Tells me that ritual I found online really *does* work, albeit with a couple days' delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'll bet you're feeling like life is in disarray. Strangers can be trusted, but you need to trust yourself too though.
    I have dreams about missing flights or being lost in the airport all the time. But the bit with the strangers was a bit weird.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Last night I dreamt that I was at Coachella and missed a whole day of it. I showed up on Sunday at some weird ass venue that was supposedly Coachella and all of my friends were there saying, "dude you missed all of Saturday, where were you man?" A bunch of other bizarre shit happend after that too. I fell asleep stoned and was reading the boards right before bed, I'm assuming that's why I had this dream.

The recent Daily Show episode with the interview with Kofi Annan inspired me to dream that Iran sent nukes to my area, caused the power to go out, and people were struggling to survive in a post-apocalyptic world, only my family consisted of one superstar hot long-haired woman, a nondescript man, and a baby and we fought off other crazy people who wanted to kill us and/or steal our resources. I think one group actually wanted to eat our baby. The dream stressed me out. Goddamnit Daily Show and international news.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I dreamt being at a Lakers after party last night. Kristi Yamaguchi was there and confided to me to buy as much GE stock as possible. She smelled pretty.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I was at an exhibit opening at an art museum in Rio de Janeiro with caeden and my irl friend bill. I was wearing this fabulous couture dress and heels. Slowly I stripped everything off as I walked through the exhibit and everyone thought it was performance art so they all clapped at the end. I decided to change career paths and become a full time performance artist.

I had a dream this afternoon.

I was in an old house. The house was filled with what appeared to be orchard tables. Someone had laid out the 3rd section of the wall street journal, in order. Some of the papers had little drops of a brown/green liquid on top of them. I had a white rag and was spotting the liquid off the paper. In doing this, I sometimes removed everything off the paper and sometimes the entire section was replaced with a black blotch. It was very time consuming but very tranquil and rewarding.

I then had to go to the restroom. In the back of the house was an old wooden outhouse. I went inside the outhouse and there was a large 12 inch by 4 inch by 12 foot piece of wood inside. The piece of wood was laid out over the area to sit on and extended outside of the outhouse, which was missing a ceiling. It was actually leaning on the wall of the home. Specifically, it was leaning on the edge of a sliding rectangular window. The window was opened but it was covered with a pinkish red sheet that someone hung over the window to use a curtain. The wind blowing from outside kept the sheet from leaning on the window. There was at least an 8 inch space between the sheet blowing toward the inside of the room and the window ledge.

I unzipped my pants and proceeded to pee straight up over the piece of wood and into the 2nd floor room without wetting the sheet. It felt great.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I dreamed that we had a pet rat that was about to give birth to several babies, but they were mice. I had to help with the births and they all came out alive but the runt was struggling and I was trying to rub and hold it to get it to breathe and live. Then one of my dogs grabbed it and ran off with it, and I had to assume it was eaten and gone. It was really weird.

TG, you dream about babies a lot.

FB, peeing is one of the most natural things you can do. In dreams it usually means a cleansing of some sort - a ridding of negative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    TG, you dream about babies a lot.
    I know. I never had kids and now I can't, so feel free to psychoanalyze that as you wish. Strangely I don't want to be a parent but the fact that I can't is a defining trait I guess.

Fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Last night I was queen of the werewolves. I wasn't a werewolf myself, mind, but they were definitely all fucking terrified of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I almost never can remember any dreams I have, even though i often wake up knowing that i had really vivid, super weird dreams.

However, last week I had a very long and involved dream that the Olympics were back in Los Angeles and were being completely contained within the Staples center. i was working for them, as some sort of organizer. All of the events were extremely strange versions of what actually happens, and I was running around like a madman trying coordinate them and make sure things went smoothly, cursing myself for haivng accepted the job the entire time.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Only thing I can clearly recall from my dream last night is my girlfriend multiplying to the effect of a kaleidoscope, had some other strange vibes in my dreams to the point of where I woke up. Then today, I've just had two calls with folks that I'm working with that really shit on my day.

I keep having dreams of breaking the 60 m world record. It's always the same time: 6.34. And they always involve me being congratulated by Darya Klishina, which in dream world means I speak "Russian" fairly well 2 years from now. These reoccurring dreams make plantar fasciitis that much more intolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

I keep having really friggen morbid dreams that are too morbid to discuss even on the internet.

What the F.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    I keep having dreams of breaking the 60 m world record. It's always the same time: 6.34. And they always involve me being congratulated by Darya Klishina, which in dream world means I speak "Russian" fairly well 2 years from now. These reoccurring dreams make plantar fasciitis that much more intolerable.
    Ouch on the plantar fascitis. At least your inner psyche still believes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    I keep having really friggen morbid dreams that are too morbid to discuss even on the internet.

What the F.
    Nothing is too morbid.

Does anyone else have a little notebook and pen next to their bed to write their dreams down when they wake up? I've assembled a decent little storybook after three years of doing this.

I dreamt 3 things last night.

I had visited someone’s house and used the restroom. It was sunny and the late afternoon. I came home and sat on the couch. There were 6 oily looking dots on my right hand. The last 2, closer to my arm, were half the size as the other 4. My forearm began to swell. I called my wife over and she wanted to call the paramedics. I told her no. I asked her to get my digital camera and my tripod so that we could film what was happening. She left to call the paramedics. I was not in pain, but my arm was on the floor as I was standing. I pulled my arm around the room while getting my camera and tripod. The last memory was of me on the floor with paramedics around me and I was trying to get one of them to set my camera on top of my tripod. Something must have happened to my voice because they didn’t hear me.

I was at home working on my home project of converting old negatives and slides into JPG files. Most of this was done years ago, but we’ve recently found a box full of stuff. So I am scanning one particular photo and then use this new software to edit the photo. The software is from the dream, I have no new software. This particular photo is from a visit of my relatives from another state. The photos are of my aunt, uncle, mother and father. I press some button on my computer and the photo pivots. It is still in those old 70’s colors, but now I am looking all through our living room. I see my cousin and myself to the side watching the photo being taken. I try another photo and the same happens with that one.

Fuck, I’m drawing a blank on the 3rd one. I went to pee, made another cup of tea, came back then totally forgot.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Does anyone else have a little notebook and pen next to their bed to write their dreams down when they wake up? I've assembled a decent little storybook after three years of doing this.
    Yes, but sometimes it's really hard to write in the dark.

FB, your first dream above seems very similar to your last dream posted about the newspaper. You appear calm and controlled while the behaviors, yours and those around you, are abnormal. Are your family/friends making you feel like something is wrong while you disagree? All the urinating tells me that you are trying to be as honest with yourself as possible.

Does your job involve a camera or film?

VigoTheCarpathian

give me your tears gypsy

My tears are too precious.

Last night I dreamed I was at a party at a friend's house - his basement was huge, and was decked out like a hockey arena. He had a jumbotron for a TV, flippy red seats in rows, and tons of hockey memorabilia. It seemed like a great idea until I saw he had food vendors charging for the snacks they were serving. So I went outside and tried to find the way out to my car, and a big man jumped out of the bushes and grabbed me, trying to kidnap me. Then I screamed and woke up.

How close are you to this friend?

We work in the same industry and have personal friends in common. We don't "hang out" a lot per se but we see each other around the neighborhood, and I also got him a contract at my company. We're friends and professional acquaintances I'd say.