Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More to be added

Default Re: More to be added

Quote Originally Posted by starrdogg View Post
    Whoa whoa, Coachella's never had 80 bands a day, it's usually somewhere between 40 and 50. I'm with scoop49er in thinking that it'll be around 120, maybe upwards of 130. Pitchfork kinda confirmed this suspicion by dubbing what has been released thus far as the "preliminary" lineup. The Police? Smashing Pumpkins? Not gonna happen. But I could see bands as big as Modest Mouse or QOTSA still get announced. And I don't think we've heard the last of the Gwen Stefani chatter. Remember, Kanye, Daft Punk and Madonna were all added later last year.
    Gwen is out of the picture, she is playing in L.A. on April 27th at Gibson Amp. then arizona the next day. We are safe...........

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Nickel Creek = this year's James Blunt
    The Feeling could be that also since they are light Brit pop..
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-22-2007 at 09:46 PM.

"...I'm not saying the whole thing sucks, but I'm a bit surprised they went for Travis and Kaiser Chiefs instead of Man Man, Knife or Beirut..."

YES!! ALL three bands i searched for when i saw the poster. alas.

i like the reunions and all, but i usually end up loving the new bands.
    i expected more swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_138 View Post
    There aren't nearly enough acts...good acts. Normally I like 15 out of the 90 bands playing each day. I like a total of 5 bands that aren't headliners out of all three days this year.
    To me, that just means you don't know enough of the other artists. Maybe you do, in which case you must have very limited taste, and I'm sorry. There are over 40 acts I'm excited for this year. More than the last two years combined. And I haven't even started listening to the 40+ I've never heard.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by amdux View Post
    doves still need to be added, to make up for last year
    Seconded. They owe us. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I say more acts, more conflicts. Suck it up. It's worth it for the better view and better experience at each set.
    I say add a few more acts and there will be enough to keep everyone busy, but in the end we will know where everyone is going though.. I am all for somoe more set time. My idea of 40 a day seems to be panning out. Day 1 is getting more additions for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    more acts will mean shorter sets, more conflicts, and a lot more running around the polo field.
    Whereas fewer acts will mean more people at each set. Remember Madonna, when they didn't schedule anything else at the same time? I was there way early, and still couldn't see anything.

Bonnaroo does this, where they don't schedule conflicts for the big acts, they leave them unconflicted. Consequently, 70,000 people are all pushing to see the same show, even though half of them would probably rather be somewhere else.

I say more acts, more conflicts. Suck it up. It's worth it for the better view and better experience at each set.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Whereas fewer acts will mean more people at each set. Remember Madonna, when they didn't schedule anything else at the same time? I was there way early, and still couldn't see anything.

Bonnaroo does this, where they don't schedule conflicts for the big acts, they leave them unconflicted. Consequently, 70,000 people are all pushing to see the same show, even though half of them would probably rather be somewhere else.

Mogwai played against Madonna. And it was the second best set of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by soupbandit View Post
    HAHA as if you'd have to choose! No contest. I didn't go last year but there is no way in hell I'd see that crotchety disco bitch.

That's just it! Less acts means I'm forced to see Red Hot Chili Peppers.....and if I have to sit through tone deaf anthony kedis ONE more festival...

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticMe View Post
    HAHA as if you'd have to choose! No contest. I didn't go last year but there is no way in hell I'd see that crotchety disco bitch.

Nice spelling Gina, hahahha. I saw the crotchety woman cause I had to because of the company I was keeping... They knew I wasnt liking it but I did it anyway...

You were excited about Madonna and you know it!

You were excited about Madonna and you know it!
    No I wasnt, but I dealt with it...... At least I saw Massive Attack right after.. And Daft Punk the night before!!! : P!!

Chris....that was just plain mean.

i want the liarssssssssss

Cool Re: More to be added

Chris....that was just plain mean.
    Sorry Gina, you know I luv ya but its tough love sometimes..

That's just it! Less acts means I'm forced to see Red Hot Chili Peppers.....and if I have to sit through tone deaf anthony kedis ONE more festival...
    If the only act playing was RHCP, I would take that opportunity to get to the car and get out early.

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    I second that! Where the hell are all these bands!? It's like Goldenvoice forgot about 2006.....even though they had a festival that year. No Liars? No Hold Steady (not that I like them, but a lot of people did), no Knife, no Joanna Newsom....

Asobi Seksu and Islands had well-reviewed albums in 2006 and have never played, AND are great bands, so they totally should be added.

Wow I just suddenly remembered how much I miss those cajun turkey sausages I live off of every year. RHCP means early sausage eating, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Friday night is amazing though, too bad it's the first night.

BEIRUT!

That's the only addition I'm really campaigning for...

And I agree, as happy with the lineup as I am, GV kind of forgot about 2006. I guess they'll have all of the 2006 buzz bands play in 2008. Weird.

DITTO

How 'bout Royksopp?

Red Paintings
    Dredg
    Muse
    Dresden Dolls

Would make me a happy boy.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I met tricky last week
    He said he'll be playing.
    No joke
    outside urth cafe on melrose and something or other.

miss kittin would be cool

I hope Meadows is right...that'd be dope
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

What about BRMC.. they'll be touring with The Fratellis directly after, plus theyre releasing their new album may 1st.. and their calender is open.. also they should be on the west coast.. Is this just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by soupbandit View Post
    So did Editors and put on an incredible!!!! show.
    Had the pleasure of talking to Tom when they toured afterwards and i mentioned Coachella and his eyes got big and he said, "that night was amazing" they expected to hit the stage to noone being that Madonna was slated at the same time and came out to a full tent and blew it away! OOOOHHHH chills from past coachella experiences.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

word.

Quote Originally Posted by windscreen View Post
    So did Editors and put on an incredible!!!! show.
    Had the pleasure of talking to Tom when they toured afterwards and i mentioned Coachella and his eyes got big and he said, "that night was amazing" they expected to hit the stage to noone being that Madonna was slated at the same time and came out to a full tent and blew it away! OOOOHHHH chills from past coachella experiences.
    I don't get how people enjoy the Editors. I mean he goes as far as to rip off Ian Curtis' epilepsy, what a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    word.
    double word.