Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More to be added

Default Re: More to be added

a big electronica act like: Underworld, Aphex Twin, or Boards of Canada,.. and Portishead needs to be there as well.

I'm still going with the Knife as a necessary eletronic music addition.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    ry.

how can you judge a whole performance from three songs?

you must have caught them on a bad night because every time i've seen them they were beyond stellar. i've been to hundreds of rock shows, and the pumpkins are very very high on the list. billy corgan is an excellent live musician, even with zwan he was beyond impressive.

they will not be playing, so don't worry about it.
    I have seen them a few times and they are TERRIBLE LIVE, he's a good musician but his voice is one of the all time worst! Done and done!
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by pinguinotonto View Post
    a big electronica act like: Underworld, Aphex Twin, or Boards of Canada,.. and Portishead needs to be there as well.
    Either UW or Aphex and I'd call it a day!
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Trance is ok for a festival in MIAMI, but this is Coachella, people want more civilized electronica.

saturday looks like by far the strongest day for me...but none of us can judge that since everyone is into different music..

Wise words from a dinosaur.

I saw Asobi Seksu open for the Wrens and they were OK, but I am not getting the mad love this board has for them. Help me, what am I not getting?

I would love to see an awesome "headlining" act added just to shut up all the haters and divert attention from the fact RHCP are playing. I am stoked with the smaller bands, but if there's room I wouldn't mind me some Thermals & Talkdemonic.

Banned

if it stays like this, then each day will only be an 8 hour day vs the previous 12 hour days. i hope they add more acts to the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by josephv909 View Post
    if it stays like this, then each day will only be an 8 hour day vs the previous 12 hour days. i hope they add more acts to the bill.
    i disagree. more acts will mean shorter sets, more conflicts, and a lot more running around the polo field.

if they keep it to under 40 acts per day, the whole experience will be that much better. in previous years, i often had to chose between different acts, or between an act and going to the restroom to piss so that my bladder wouldn't explode. not to mention wasting a good half hour just to go get a beer and some food. if everything is spaced out more, the entire experience will be less stressful. pacing is the key.

definitely the Knife..they deserve an invite to Coachella after the year they've had

cornelius is easily the best electronica artist on the bill

i second thermals and talkdemonic. GV, do as we bid ye.

ry.

how can you judge a whole performance from three songs?

you must have caught them on a bad night because every time i've seen them they were beyond stellar. i've been to hundreds of rock shows, and the pumpkins are very very high on the list. billy corgan is an excellent live musician, even with zwan he was beyond impressive.

they will not be playing, so don't worry about it.

Thank god and praise Allah. He is tone deaf.

The large surge of people rushing to see rage against the machine amongst the already absolutely huge lineup will make this festival sell out in record time. This will cause the promoters to get apathetic, and there will probably be very little activity on the lineup from there.

I hope I'm wrong, but rage will draw people from all parts of the world, not just the country!

Thumbs up Re: More to be added

Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowgirl View Post
    The Knife, The Faint and Muse wouldn't be so bad either.
    Muse SHOULD be on the line up... night 3 please! The Faint would also be awesome - just saw them recently and they ROCKED.

Every Pulp fan on this continent is going to have to come see Jarvis Cocker. Who knows when he'll play America again. 9 more years? Never?

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    all i need is for them to add Man Man and then i am one happy camper.
    That'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticMe View Post
    There are only about 107 bands there, and on average there are about 80 or so bands a day at Coachella....do the math.

What the hell happened to The Police and QOTSA? Would they really have the presale password "roxanne" if they weren't coming?

I'm really hoping for more here, frankly because, I hate to say it, there is a lot of crap. Not to say there aren't a lot of great bands coming, but Nickel Creek? Damian Rice? Regina? Kings of Leon? Did the promoters of Lilith Fair or NME take part in this?
    Kings of Leon will rock your soul

Lurker

I agree with the poster. There aren't nearly enough acts...good acts. Normally I like 15 out of the 90 bands playing each day. I like a total of 5 bands that aren't headliners out of all three days this year. Bjork is the only headliner I really even care about though. I saw her when she played last time so I'm not that thrilled. Portishead would be an AMAZING addition.
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.

I'm really hoping for more here, frankly because, I hate to say it, there is a lot of crap. Not to say there aren't a lot of great bands coming, but Nickel Creek? Damian Rice? Regina? Kings of Leon? Did the promoters of Lilith Fair or NME take part in this?

thank god someone said it.

nickel creek been there before, right?
    fiona apple should be there instead of regina.
    a lot worse than damien rice have been there.
    kings of leon are rocking.

I am NOT Scott Tenneman.

P.S. I posted this thread after KROQ announced some of the lineup earlier....then the Jesus and Mary Chain happened.

But seriously, why the James Blunts and Howie Days every year? Who goes to these sets?
    I know Damian and Regina are better, but at 105 degrees I don't want to hear "he breaks my hea-a-ar-ar-ar-ar-art".....maybe in an air conditioned theater with seats. Unless they play in the evening...I'd rather hear acts not played on the local radio station "now on shuffle"
    heres an idea...if you dont like the band dont watch them....ahhhh OMG! thats such a far fetched idea.

Portishead and Aphex Twin should add to headline Sahara.

Red face Re: More to be added

I'm still going with the Knife as a necessary eletronic music addition.
    i agree

the Knife would be the best late addition ever.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

I WANT THE POLICE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The Police
    Muse
    The Knife
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    R.E.M.
    Underworld
    Aphex Twin
    Modest Mouse
    Daft Punk
    Portishead
    Neutral Milk Hotel
    The Smiths

additions will make Coachella contender for best of '07 festival! (Glastonbury rocks!!!)

Come on, GV! Try harder!

Quote Originally Posted by AEversW View Post
    heres an idea...if you dont like the band dont watch them....ahhhh OMG! thats such a far fetched idea.
    Oh my god really? You're are so brilliant. That is not the point! This will be my 3rd Coachella and, maybe this is because my first year was the best lineup in the history of any festival ever (2004) that everything else seems sub par, but c'mon now. This reads like the front cover of NME. Usually I have at least 10 bands a day to run around to see, and this year I barely have 3 on Sunday (and that's counting Rage, who I don't particularly care for, but will see out of rarity). There aren't enough bands per day. The magic of Coachella is that you get a mous bouche of a ton of great acts, maybe settling down for an entire helping by nightfall.

I'm not saying the whole thing sucks, but I'm a bit surprised they went for Travis and Kaiser Chiefs instead of Man Man, Knife or Beirut. Sunset Rubdown or Thermals or Annuals. ANYTHING more cutting edge that Nickel Creek.

And, Kings of Leon will rock me allright.....into a coma.

Nickel Creek = this year's James Blunt
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a