Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More to be added

Default More to be added

There are only about 107 bands there, and on average there are about 80 or so bands a day at Coachella....do the math.

What the hell happened to The Police and QOTSA? Would they really have the presale password "roxanne" if they weren't coming?

I'm really hoping for more here, frankly because, I hate to say it, there is a lot of crap. Not to say there aren't a lot of great bands coming, but Nickel Creek? Damian Rice? Regina? Kings of Leon? Did the promoters of Lilith Fair or NME take part in this?

Default Re: More to be added

Nickel Creek is playing Stagecoach the following weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticMe View Post
    There are only about 107 bands there, and on average there are about 80 or so bands a day at Coachella....do the math.

What the hell happened to The Police and QOTSA? Would they really have the presale password "roxanne" if they weren't coming?

I'm really hoping for more here, frankly because, I hate to say it, there is a lot of crap. Not to say there aren't a lot of great bands coming, but Nickel Creek? Damian Rice? Regina? Kings of Leon? Did the promoters of Lilith Fair or NME take part in this?
    over and over again they've said the roxanne thing was a joke...

are you fucking tarded... regina spektor happens to be one of the best female solo musicians, possibly ever.

as posted in another thread, I beleive the organizers were thinking of going to a more spread out schedule ... less overlaps and conflicts ... and we don't know when each day starts ...

this could be 98% done ... but who knows.

Banned

i think we will see 120 bands total. so they will add probalby 10-20 more during the next couple of months. it leaves room for a surprise. we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    over and over again they've said the roxanne thing was a joke...

are you fucking tarded... regina spektor happens to be one of the best female solo musicians, possibly ever.
    Am I "fucking 'tarded"? No. No I'm not. I also didn't say Regina was a terrible artist, neither is Damian Rice, but they are a bit light rock for Coachella. I wouldn't go so far as to say she is one of the best solo musicians ever. That is a gross overstatement.

but they are a bit light rock for Coachella.
    Apparently you haven't paid much attention to teh lineups over the past four years.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Whoa whoa, Coachella's never had 80 bands a day, it's usually somewhere between 40 and 50. I'm with scoop49er in thinking that it'll be around 120, maybe upwards of 130. Pitchfork kinda confirmed this suspicion by dubbing what has been released thus far as the "preliminary" lineup. The Police? Smashing Pumpkins? Not gonna happen. But I could see bands as big as Modest Mouse or QOTSA still get announced. And I don't think we've heard the last of the Gwen Stefani chatter. Remember, Kanye, Daft Punk and Madonna were all added later last year.

Saturday so far looks really weak to me. I hope they add some more to Saturday--or I need to get into more of those bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

all i need is for them to add Man Man and then i am one happy camper.

man man would be cool. I'd like to see Subtle or the Liars added in. And while I'm dreaming. The Knife would be awesome.

but mostly, I'd love to see the liars.

there is a seriously lack of an upper tier sunset performance for saturday (hint hint: portishead please)

Quote Originally Posted by soupbandit View Post
    there is a seriously lack of an upper tier sunset performance for saturday (hint hint: portishead please)
    agreed, wholeheartedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I'm liking Friday the mostest.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Yeah...i'm a little confused by the Decemberists being on the second line...I'm assuming more will come. Or maybe I'm just not paying attention and don't realize how popular they are.

Is this our first whiner? Welcome whiner? Enjoy your flogging.

Last year had James Blunt...Damien Rice and Regina Spektor dust that crapo honkey's ass any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

the decemberists are pretty huge. not too big on them, but they put on a damn good show. I'm more surprised about the Arctic Monkeys on the second line, am I the only person that thinks they are rehashed garbage?

I think we'll see a few more 'big' acts named... Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Kanye West, Madonna all got added in March of last year. DP and MA's sets were a great addition to the lineup... hopefully we can get a few more added in the next couple months. I just hope no Smashing Pumpkins. THE WORST live band I've ever seen, and the only band I've ever walked out on after 3 songs. Billy Corgan just plain sucks ass live.
    Last edited by scottierock; 01-22-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Lurker

my life would be complete if Portishead played this years Coachella.

The Knife, The Faint and Muse wouldn't be so bad either.

ry.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottierock View Post
    I think we'll see a few more 'big' acts named... Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Kanye West, Madonna all got added in March of last year. DP and MA's sets were a great addition to the lineup... hopefully we can get a few more added in the next couple months. I just hope no Smashing Pumpkins. THE WORST live band I've ever seen, and the only band I've ever walked out on after 3 songs. Billy Corgan just plain sucks ass live.
    how can you judge a whole performance from three songs?

you must have caught them on a bad night because every time i've seen them they were beyond stellar. i've been to hundreds of rock shows, and the pumpkins are very very high on the list. billy corgan is an excellent live musician, even with zwan he was beyond impressive.

they will not be playing, so don't worry about it.
    Last edited by sighlent; 01-22-2007 at 12:48 PM.

As of this morning, my sources are STILL telling me that the POLICE is a go.

They've not worked out Coachella details as an ABSOLUTE, but the band IS reuniting, and Coachella is on the table as an option.

Fire away, naysayers.

i say nay.

doves still need to be added, to make up for last year

that and juliana hatfield has a new album she needs to support with a performance
    Last edited by amdux; 01-22-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Shut up or I'll make you eat your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    man man would be cool. I'd like to see Subtle or the Liars added in. And while I'm dreaming. The Knife would be awesome.

THE LIARS WOULD BE RADDD!

Damien Rice will be one of the best live acts you see that weekend, just FYI. GV he needs a sunset slot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by amdux View Post
    doves still need to be added, to make up for last year
    Pretty sure that was 2005 when they canceled. Either way, I'd love Doves to be there as well.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    YES

the knife is all that i really want added, after seeing them in LA and SF i really feel a need to see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniehoo View Post
    Shut up or I'll make you eat your parents.
    I am NOT Scott Tenneman.

P.S. I posted this thread after KROQ announced some of the lineup earlier....then the Jesus and Mary Chain happened.

But seriously, why the James Blunts and Howie Days every year? Who goes to these sets?
    I know Damian and Regina are better, but at 105 degrees I don't want to hear "he breaks my hea-a-ar-ar-ar-ar-art".....maybe in an air conditioned theater with seats. Unless they play in the evening...I'd rather hear acts not played on the local radio station "now on shuffle"
    Last edited by FakePlasticMe; 01-22-2007 at 03:40 PM.