Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: arctic monkeys

Talking arctic monkeys

i wanna see them get added. i know they played in 2007 and their album wasn't that great but still they shouldn't be left out.

also, mos def would be a great add.

Default Re: arctic monkeys

12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

gayest band-name ever
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by Firezilla1 View Post
    i wanna see them get added. i know they played in 2007 and their album wasn't that great but still they shouldn't be left out.

also, mos def would be a great add.
    What do you mean the album wasn't that great? Kicked just as much ass as "Whatever People...". Caught them on tour for Humbug at the Palladium, excellent show. Would love to see them added but not a probability.

As for Mos Def, I believe he's on several songs on Gorillaz new record and perhaps he might make an appearance.

Banned

GOOD GOD
    HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO FUCKING READ?!

we have a fucking forum for your crappy pointless threads about who you want to see added
    USE THAT FUCKING FORUM

are all of you that dumb that you cant read?

I swear to god im going to cackslap a bitch.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    This from the guy who wants to see Vampire Weekend and Coheed and Cambria...you stay classy
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Their albums are Amazing and they should totally be at Coachella this year. They were so awesome at the Hollywood Palladium!!!
    Modest Mouse, YYY, The XX, Postal Service, Blur, Franz Ferdinand, James Blake, Grimes, Wild Belle, Yeasayer, Wild Nothing, Tame Impala, Jake Bugg, Jessie Ware, The Selecter, The Faint, Tegan & Sara, The 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, OMD, Vampire Weekend, New Order, The Evens, Robert DeLong, Savages, Parov Stelar Band

Coachella: 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 2010
    Outside Lands: 08, 2010, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    What do you mean the album wasn't that great? Kicked just as much ass as "Whatever People...". Caught them on tour for Humbug at the Palladium, excellent show. Would love to see them added but not a probability.

As for Mos Def, I believe he's on several songs on Gorillaz new record and perhaps he might make an appearance.
    i was at that show too and i hated all the humbug songs cept for crying lightning and dangerous animals.

They've gone downhill live so much. Trust me guys, if you want to remember the good times don't try and see them again. New album is atrocious as well

old school

Humbug was such an awesome record. I love AM but I've seen them like 4 times so I could take em or leave em at this point.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Humbug is one of the worst album I heard last year, was so dissapointing. Atleast they play 505 live now though <3

How can you say they've gone downhill? Because they're trying new things and expanding their sound? And you enjoyed hearing 505 but hate Humbug? 505 is a total precursor to the type of direction Humbug moves toward.

I think AM are bold for daring to mellow their sound in an age where fans loathe a band for changing style. The new mood works for them and sounds awesome. Humbug is definitely a step in the right direction.

Because 505 was a beautiful emotion driven song and Humbug is just the record of a guy who discovered drugs and thought he could go psychadelic. It wasn't a bad idea but it was poorly executed. It's not heavy enough, there aren't enough instruments involved, the songs go nowhere and he sounds like he's not arsed. Plus, I can't tell you how bad they were headlining Leeds/Reading this year

old school

A couple reasons why I loved Humbug:

"Secret Door" has a really cool song structure goes Chorus/Verse/Bridge/Verse/Bridge/Chorus ...I mean who does that?

That's why I love this album, AM did a lot to reinvent themselves in terms of songrwiting on this record as well as change their sound, unlike many other bands who simply recycle what worked for them the first time around.

Also, this song has epic drumming, and of course, wicked lyricism:
    Last edited by FoxeyLady; 02-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

bleh

Other than Bowie, AM tops my list of who i would want to see at Coachella. Their new sound is good but the old stuff is legendary.

Mos Def will be there imo. They wont add him to the poster because i dont think he will have his own stage time, but will come onstage multiple times....Gorillaz, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, maybe De La Soul. Now if he and Talib were to come out for a little Black Star, oh shit.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    This from the guy who wants to see Vampire Weekend and Coheed and Cambria...you stay classy
    Hey...

...shut up.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Humbug is great album!!! Would love to see them live!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    A couple reasons why I loved Humbug:

"Secret Door" has a really cool song structure goes Chorus/Verse/Bridge/Verse/Bridge/Chorus ...I mean who does that?

That's why I love this album, AM did a lot to reinvent themselves in terms of songrwiting on this record as well as change their sound, unlike many other bands who simply recycle what worked for them the first time around.

Also, this song has epic drumming, and of course, wicked lyricism:
    You obviously understand.

I would die to see them.
    End of story. Hate it or love it I could care less. They are awesome.

They've just announced a US tour for April

YES!!!

3 FL SHOWS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Finishing in Arizona the day before Coachella. Got to be playing?
    Are there normally late announcements?

I think the chances of them getting added are higher than they were before
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

They'd have to be atleast 90% since they're playing about as close as you can the day before!

old school

Wow, looks like they'll be added to Friday. Them Crooked Vultures into Arctic Monkeys would be pretty cool, with Josh Homme producing their album and all.

For 2011

Yeah, I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it looks like a huge possibility right now. If they got added, I think my level of satisfaction would be enormous.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    Wow, looks like they'll be added to Friday. Them Crooked Vultures into Arctic Monkeys would be pretty cool, with Josh Homme producing their album and all.
    boo. DO NOT WANT. Unless they play outdoor theater during LCD, which I wouldn't mind.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

old school

I don't really care. I'd only see them if there was nothing else going on. But I have a feeling there will be plenty to see on friday.

For 2011

And their touring w/ Sleepy Sun!!!!!

COACHELLA PLEASE!!!!!!

Lineup pool isnt over yet, thats a possible two more points!
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -