Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Festival with Bowie, U2, INXS

Default Re: US Festival with Bowie, U2, INXS

I caught the 90 minute concert footage release (the thing that only covers the New Wave day, and only shows "Should I Stay or Should I Go?") on a cable channel over Memorial Day weekend this year. My biggest discovery: The Divinyls. The band that I knew as the "I Touch Myself" group from circa '91 was an absolutely live wrecking crew circa '83.

old school

Bowie's first North American concert in nearly 5 years. He had a couple big pop hits and mainstream culture was just discovering him.

I've met people who attended that said you could walk up near the stage for the headliners because so many other people were so tired form the heat and didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    this. FUCK VAN HALEN.

And Bowie got $1,000,000 BACK THEN??? DAMN!!!
    Probably not even his biggest paycheck that tour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Moonlight_Tour

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Some reason Glen Helen doesn't seem that big . I wish Glen Helen revamp it's self.I dont know what the main reason but ever since I've gone to smoke out it lost a little magic it once had for me a couple years before.Maybe it was because smoke out was that crappy.

US festival is one of the best things that came out of the 909
    It was still 714 then

old school

Never seen a single frame of the Bowie footage. There's surprsingly little pro-shot footage form the 1983 Serious Moonlight tour beyond the home video DVD and snippets shown on TV that total 15 minutes. The VHS/DVD is missing 30 minutes of the show.

the coastal town that they forgot to close down

thanks, poster from two years ago -- i will go cry to the dvd now. won two tickets but mom wouldn't let me go -- i was ten.

then i got grounded the night before the rose bowl depeche mode show. not over it yet.

I went on the Saturday and Monday. I sat onstage for Bowie's set with an EMT pass. Him, U2, Oingo Boingo, English Beat, Pretenders and Stray Cats were the highlights, IMO.
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.