Hey ladies and gents,

Just something I was rollin around in my head. Many times when you go to a show of a band whose CD you really like and listen to all the time, you get exactly what you expected and nothing more. You stand there, bob your head a little, maybe dance a little and watch the band. Although it's always better than sitting at home and talking on internet forums about the band, it's still predictable and sometimes a little boring.

Then there are times when you go to a show because a friend drags you along, even though you've never heard of them. To your surprise, you encounter a very interesting stage show or performance and start to get into the mood. You don't know the words or the tunes, but you feel like dancing and so does everyone else.

When deciding which shows to see at Coachella, given the vast diversity of the performers, I think I'm going to try to lean towards the latter this year. For example, last year I saw a few great bands whose CD's I love (YYY, Tool, Clap Your Hands, My Morning Jacket, Eagles of Death Metal, Bloc Party) and it wasn't that fun. It sounded good, but it wasn't an amazing experience or anything.

On the other hand, I had some unforgettable experiences seeing performances that I wasn't (at the time) very familiar with, and that were more on the edgy side of things. (Mogwai, Daft Punk, Animal Collective, Gnarls Barkley, Mylo, Sigur Ros, Wolfmother)

Since last year, of course, I really got into these acts and listen to their CD's all the time now.

So, I ask you guys, who are the acts this year that will provide the unexpected, amazing live experiences that most of us wouldn't predict?

So far, I'm eyeing Faithless, Gogol Bordello, Bjork, !!!, LCD Soundsystem, Girl Talk, Explosions in the Sky, Klaxons and Anathallo as some potential stand-out performances.

I'll still be there for Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, GBQ, Tapes n Tapes, etc. if I can...but I'm looking forward to the more unique live experiences this year.