Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Coachella sell out, and if it will when do you expect it to sell out?

Default Will Coachella sell out, and if it will when do you expect it to sell out?

I already got my tickets, but my friend hasnt and he wanted to know if the festival will sell out, and if it usually does when do you expect it to happen. Thanks.

Default Re: Will Coachella sell out, and if it will when do you expect it to sell out?

I really hope not. At least not until two weeks from now or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Default Re: Will Coachella sell out, and if it will when do you expect it to sell out?

Two weeks from now?? Damn my friend can't till end of march. Will gv send out some sort of "supplies low" message so we know when it's close?

I expect car-camperchella to sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbean View Post
    Two weeks from now?? Damn my friend can't till end of march. Will gv send out some sort of "supplies low" message so we know when it's close?
    I think I read on here that psychic friend will say something about tickets almost being selling out. Not trying to jinx this if that's the case
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I think I read on here that psychic friend will say something about tickets almost being selling out. Not trying to jinx this if that's the case
    She hinted in another thread NOT to wait for camping tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    That's exactly why I bought my ticket even though I'm not 100% on if I'm going to the festival. All I have to do now is win the lottery so I can buy my festival ticket.

I keed, I keed.

Lurker

i know they've said "sold out" in years previous and still been selling single day passes at the box office when they open in the morning of. but i have had much success buying passes from last minute ditchers on craigslist for pretty much face value... just gotta keep the faith! also a good idea to check out ebay mid-march. last year i got a killer deal. DO think car camping will selll out tho, which is why i have bought my camping pass already.

old school

tickets won't sell out for the festival this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    tickets won't sell out for the festival this year..
    My thoughts too.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I couldn't say if it's going to sell out. I've seen no sales stats but more of my friends than ever before want to go this year.

I think with the economy and the lack of a headliner that would bring people in droves mean its not going to sell out. At least not anytime soon. Plus, no single day tickets means people can't cherry-pick days like the past. I think back to when Rage and Madonna played, those days sold out pretty quickly after the announcement.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

jigjig

I hope car camping doesn't sell out, I'm being dumb and waiting to buy my ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    oh hmm.. okay well fortunately for me, I've already got housing arrangements. I'll just keep a look out then for notices i suppose..

tough call. It has potential to, but I doubt it actually will. Main reason it won't is the economy. Sure people are splurging on some entertainment (e.g., movies) but $300 + travel, hotel, food, etc. is a lot for 3 days.

I think if they were to later offer single day tickets, a day, or two .. or three .. might sell out. I know a number of people who would go just for Jay-Z, but don't want to pay $300. All of the headliners, whether you agree with them or not, have a pretty large and extremely dedicated fan base that could move a lot of ticket sales.

NOPE wont happen.Especially with the three days thing and having to buy all three days?? Dont think so.

is it possible to sell our coachella tickets just in case we end up not going???? sell it on ebay or something?

Quote Originally Posted by sansation View Post
    is it possible to sell our coachella tickets just in case we end up not going???? sell it on ebay or something?
    i have seen them on ebay and craigslist, although i myself have never purchased coachella tickets from these sites i don't see why you couldn't if you wanted to get rid of them

It will sell out this year, everyone says the headliners aren't as good as previous years because we don't have some over rated douche like Sir Paul. I think this years headliners are great and have more appeal to the younger crowd that is more likely to scrounge up the money to see current acts rather than the music their parents listen to. Don't be surprised when it sells out by the 1st or 2nd week of april.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 02-04-2010 at 12:19 PM.

in five minutes

hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    It will sell out this year, everyone says the headliners aren't as good as previous years because we don't have some over rated douche like Sir Paul. I think this years headliners are great and have more appeal to the younger crowd that is more likely to scrounge up the money to see current acts rather than the music their parents listen to. Don't be surprised when it sells out by the 1st or 2nd week of april.
    Hmmm, yes the only reason I went last year because the headliners were endorsed by my parents. This year I won't get any pocket money from them for beer...as they don't consider Jay-Z a highly enough rated douche. I will have to scrounge.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    This. I know sooo many more kids my age (20) who want to go this year more than the past 2 years. People underestimate the strength of these headliners because there's no old person. Just means less old people, which I'm totally ok with. But yeah I think it will sell out sometime in early April.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

hopefully not too soon. i purchased my plane ticket already but not my festival ticket. i don't want a random trip to california if i can't get into coachella. not that california isnt great and all but that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    T People underestimate the strength of these headliners because there's no old person. Just means less old people, which I'm totally ok with. But yeah I think it will sell out sometime in early April.
    Is 40 old? If so, then most of the headliners this year are full of old people.
    Watch out, they bite.

Quote Originally Posted by alicide View Post
    Is 40 old? If so, then most of the headliners this year are full of old people.
    Watch out, they bite.
    No joke and they usually have rabies
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by alicide View Post
    Hmmm, yes the only reason I went last year because the headliners were endorsed by my parents. This year I won't get any pocket money from them for beer...as they don't consider Jay-Z a highly enough rated douche. I will have to scrounge.

I said the music peoples parents listen to, never said anything about anyone going with their parents.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Wait...if car camping sells out, what the fuck are people supposed to do, get a hotel? Shit
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Wait...if car camping sells out, what the fuck are people supposed to do, get a hotel? Shit
    Good luck getting a decent room... I reserved my room when they announced stagecoach...

I don't know if it will sell out, but apparently tickets are selling rather well, which is understandable considering how epic the lineup is. Shit, I better buy a camping ticket since I can't find a reasonable place to stay off-site.
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

I don't think it will sell out.

It will sell well, like it does every year.

This thread is silly.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011