Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHY I SHOULD UPGRADE TO VIP?

Default Re: WHY I SHOULD UPGRADE TO VIP?

yeah it definately doesnt get you closer or get you n faster...but there are no food lines, they do have couches, bathrooms are cleaner some actually flush....they have a a/c liquor lounge......one of the only upsides is that you might get to see someone famous.......i got to meet perry ferrel and his wife one year and my friend saw a drunk hasselhof and john legend....but for the most part i dont think its worth the extra cash lots of artist are walking around as it is you just have to keep your eyes open....

I'm also horrible at recognizing celebrities, my wife saw Ja Rule at McDonalds at LAX, she pointed him out and I said it wasn't him, people were getting pictures and autographs, I still have my doubts. in short VIP is a waste to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    (the beer gardens only sell Heineken products (and maybe wine.))
    Not So.

Last year I got thoroughly fucked up on margaritas from a beer garden. I tipped the server well in exchange for double the tequila in each one.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

The mixed drinks in the beer gardens, with the exception of the VIP bar, are made with soju.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

What type of other beers do they serve in V.I.P section. and can you leave the vip section with your beer?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This will be my first time at Coachella but it seems to me that it's all about the communal experience and a VIP area would kind of ruin that. I want to be among the common folk. It's like going camping and expecting air condition and clean bathrooms. Defeats the whole purpose. Let's rough it out together and enjoy the view!
    I had VIP last year. I think I spent about 10 minutes total there. Half the people in the VIP don't give a shit about any of the bands, they are just there to be there and lounge in comfort.

It's all about getting filthy dirty in the tents!
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by bluedream View Post
    What type of other beers do they serve in V.I.P section. and can you leave the vip section with your beer?
    You can't leave VIP with beer.

Does it really matter what kind of beer they serve? I mean, let's break it down:

You'll probably drink at the most 16 beers during the day. And that's an awful lot unless you are still in a fraternity or from Wisconsin (or both).

Let's also assume you eat 4 meals there. I guess I'm assuming you are both a drunkard and fatass (not intended to be a sleight).

After all of those beers, you'll be hitting the pisser at least 14 times.

I'm not going to weight any experience more than the other, so add 'em all up and you have 34 "elite" experiences to better beer, nice bathrooms, and better meals (but they really aren't that much better). I'm assuming for this exercise the food/beer prices are the same inside the VIP compared to the outside (which is HIGHLY unlikely).

Therefore $339/34 = about $10. That's $10 more a beer, $10 more a meal, $10 for each trip to the crapper. And I didn't factor in the negatives, such as being about 1/2 mile away from the Sahara/Mojave tent. Yeah, there are some fringe benefits, such as couches (who cares), feeling like "king of the world" (not really), and a nice place to chill during times you feel like kicking it (there's probably some value here, but probably negated by the downsides to being in VIP).

If you have the cash to burn, go for it. That's what it's there for. It's like paying $60 for a Hermes wood pencil (true). It's no better than a Dixon Ticonderoga #2, but if you have enough scratch to light up a wet elephant, buy away.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I would never upgrade to VIP for over 300 dollars man. I was just wondering. but thanks for taking the time to break it down for everyone (math and all).

be responsible for celebrities not showing up anymore. Inundate them with questions and use a touchy feely approach. (while their grabbing arm) "wait a minute...you didnt answer my question. You also have a little bit of hair covering your eye that I wanted to help move out of the way. Stay with me"

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

It's still about the communal aspect of it. I met lots of great people in it last year. Just as many as outside of the VIP.

It was a bummer paying all that money and then they moved the VIP area that was in and next to the Sahara tent the year before, to way out side of it. I had wanted to be close to the stage. That part really sucked. The couches, clean bathroom and better alcohol was good, but not worth the cost if you can't get close to the acts you really want to see.
    With in and outs, I'll just bring a bottle, leave it in the car and cruise out there in the late afternoon, cause the SoJo sucks!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    I had VIP last year. I think I spent about 10 minutes total there. Half the people in the VIP don't give a shit about any of the bands, they are just there to be there and lounge in comfort.

It's all about getting filthy dirty in the tents!
    and when you go to the vip area all sweaty and relaxed I felt like people look at you odd like you dont belong there, actually I dont think I do, too far from any stage for me (including the main stage).

Although I got a good spot for Hot Chip in 08 in the VIP area by the Sahara.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Are we able to upgrade to VIP once we have purchased general admission?

No.

unless you do it on the secondary market.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I bought VIP passes this year at a $200 discount, but it was very last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what