Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Idol '07 Thread

Default American Idol '07 Thread

Fuck off if you don't like it. No one's interested in hearing negative shit.
    Hipster backlash is for losers.
    I love good voices no matter where they come from.

So - these are my ponies:

Melinda Doolittle.

AJ Tabaldo.

Backups being Jordin Sparks and Chris Sligh.

Word up, bitches.

Default Re: American Idol '07 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

That's cute.
    Donny, you're out of your lame, mainstream element.

This season appears to be one of the "it's obvious who's going to win" seasons (like the Fantasia season). i thought Melinda was awesome, but damn! Lakissa! That was impressive.

The guys sucked.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

I like Chris Sligh, if for no other reason than he's Jack Osborne with a Wolfmother 'fro!

However, if the winner is not one of the 3 black divas, then the premise is flawed and reality TV is obviously all an illusion...!
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post

However, if the winner is not one of the 3 black divas, then the premise is flawed and reality TV is obviously all an illusion...!

Haha. Love it.

Lakisha's already peaked, if you ask me. Melinda's gonna bring the consistency and win this thing.

This is a repeat of Season 3, for sure, though. All the guys are pointless. And the best singers are all black girls. They will all fight over the same demographic so they won't all make it to the end, but one of them should end up winning.

melinda.

and this is the most boring season i've ever watched. this actually makes last season seem fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

American Idol is bullshit, what a load of fame-obsessed freaks.
    I love my fans!

Ryan Secrest is scripted.

o rly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniehoo View Post
    Fuck off if you don't like it. No one's interested in hearing negative shit.
    Hipster backlash is for losers.
    I love good voices no matter where they come from.
    I don't like the style of singing that judges tend to favor on these talent shows. I mean really, would Thom Yorke, would Bjork win one of these contests? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

this competition isn't for them. this competition is for the celine dions and the mariah careys and the josh grobans of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    this competition isn't for them. this competition is for the celine dions and the mariah careys and the josh grobans of the world.
    Exactly. That's why I don't watch.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Oh, like "You Raise Me Up" isn't on repeat in your car, zzz. C'mon now. No need to lie.
    -----------------------

I don't know what that is, Zach. I will admit that if a Kelly Clarkson is on the radio, I might leave it on that station and hum a bit. Then I'll switch the channel and hang my head in shame.

Did you write this thread to be funny or do you actually watch American Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't like the style of singing that judges tend to favor on these talent shows. I mean really, would Thom Yorke, would Bjork win one of these contests? I think not.
    dont you love madonna?

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    dont you love madonna?
    No, I don't. I like a couple of her songs though. I tried watching her at Coachella, but it was just too boring to stay there longer than a couple songs.

My sister, however, is a HUGE madonna fan and regrets not getting to see her tour last year.

No, I don't. I like a couple of her songs though. I tried watching her at Coachella, but it was just too boring to stay there longer than a couple songs.

My sister, however, is a HUGE madonna fan and regrets not getting to see her tour last year.
    no sale. i saw you gushing with your smileys earlier.

Yeah, I adore the Orbital remix of Bedtime Story which apparently Bjork wrote. So fuckin sue me.

im not going to sue you. im not going to make you feel bad anymore either. or your "sister".

You never know. If there was some body out there that entered that had the talent, charisma, and soul of Bjork and Thom Yorke, no way could the show pass up on that. The show has built the huge audience for a variety of reasons. Suprise is one of them. You may think this is a weird example if you don't watch the show and think of it only with hindsight, but the Clay Aiken thing totally came out of left field. Every week i would trip out that this strange, geeky guy had this HUGE voice coming out of him. When i would talk to other Idol watchers about him, that same suprise (and joy of being suprised) would come up. So if some kid out there with a huge Radiohead jones that could sing like a muther fucker (not just good, but great) auditioned and made it to the top 24, i think they could go as far as winning the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    You never know. If there was some body out there that entered that had the talent, charisma, and soul of Bjork and Thom Yorke, no way could the show pass up on that. The show has built the huge audience for a variety of reasons. Suprise is one of them. You may think this is a weird example if you don't watch the show and think of it only with hindsight, but the Clay Aiken thing totally came out of left field. Every week i would trip out that this strange, geeky guy had this HUGE voice coming out of him. When i would talk to other Idol watchers about him, that same suprise (and joy of being suprised) would come up. So if some kid out there with a huge Radiohead jones that could sing like a muther fucker (not just good, but great) auditioned and made it to the top 24, i think they could go as far as winning the whole thing.
    Yeah, but by winning that shitty contest, that person would immediately lose credibility, not have a decent back-up band and be a totally fabricated popstar. And they probably wouldn't get to write their own songs. It's just not organic to me.

Yeah, but by winning that shitty contest, that person would immediately lose credibility, not have a decent back-up band and be a totally fabricated popstar. And they probably wouldn't get to write their own songs. It's just not organic to me.
    If that happened, then Clive Davis would all the sudden have turned into a complete moron. If someone like this alternative singing messiah happened and won, i doubt they would get Jennifer Warren to write songs for the cd. The beauty of a potential winner like this is their appeal would be based in their "realness". The audience would fall in love with that and for the Idol machine to try and change that after they won is just bad business (and i don't think anyone has accused them of not being able to make gobs of $$$$).

It probably would be better for the messiah to "lose" like Chris Daughtry did. Losing was way better for him than winning. By coming in third he maintained "cred" (i'm not a fan...he's too much of a pro) and built more love with his fan base by them getting angry at the machine for robbing him. If he won, it wouldn't have been half the story it ended up being.
    But if Messiah Thom Bjork won, i'm sure they would make a decent cd to reflect what's apealing about her ot him to the people they want to buy the merchandise.

And non organic can be good. Lots of things can be good.

i know there's a pony in here somewhere.

Oh, so THAT'S who that Chris Daughtry guy is. My New Times was touting him like he was someone I was supposed to know about. Tev.

Oh, so THAT'S who that Chris Daughtry guy is. My New Times was touting him like he was someone I was supposed to know about. Tev.
    You know what? i think given the right circumstances, you (amyzzz) could actually get hooked into the show. Over the years, many haters have entered the debate, only to watch a little here (those bad singers are funny) and a little there (wow! She/he can fucking sing) and next thing you know, they're watching Season 1 on Idol Rewind. Beware amyzzz! (it's one of the best tv's shows in history).

Sorry, but I don't actually watch TV.

Sorry, but I don't actually watch TV.
    There's some good stuff on that box. Just as valuable and/or entertaining as any other information or entertainment medium. If you do break down and watch some day, i'm sure you will find pletny to enrich how you pass and grow from the time.

Have you ever watched Idol to the point where you can credibly diss it? i think it's required to see, hear, or read something before you can give a positive or negative review; but that's a big "duh". i've never seen a show like "2 and a Half Men". i suspect it might not be good (friends tell me different), but i can't come out and say it sucks without actually seeing it.

I'm trying to save money by not buying cable. And I don't know how to hook up or get the rabbit ears/antennae thing to make the TV get regular broadcast TV. I figure I'm better off anyway.

I have watched American Idol in the past, and the fucking judges are so annoying that I really couldn't bear to watch it. And again, I don't like the singing style they go for.

I'm actually really sorry I hijacked your thread, Jennie. Please don't be super angry with me! :/