Thread: it's my very first time going to coachella, a couple of questions?

Default it's my very first time going to coachella, a couple of questions?

what is it like overall?!
    how does everything work, are there multiple performances at the same time? if so, is there a schedule i can see so i know when the bands i want to see are preforming? where does everyone preform?
    and whats with all these stories about people slipping needles and masturbating in these "tents" (what are the tents?) are they true?

and most importantly any tips, tricks, advice?

thank you so much!!

Default Re: it's my very first time going to coachella, a couple of questions?

just go and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lovescontageous View Post
    and whats with all these stories about people slipping needles and masturbating in these "tents" (what are the tents?) are they true?
    It's all true. And watch out for pissing in the Sahara.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I'm calling alias.

Also, nearly everyone preforms before they arrive.

old school

best thread of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I've also been told repeatedly to watch out for aidz needlz. (Wear steel toed boots and latex gloves at all times)
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

how does everything work, are there multiple performances at the same time? if so, is there a schedule i can see so i know when the bands i want to see are preforming? where does everyone preform?

thank you so much!!
    There are 5 stages: Coachella Stage, Outdoor Theatre, Gobi Tent, Mojave Tent, and Sahara Tent. All the stages host all the various acts on the line up, except the Sahara Tent which is an electronic music themed Tent.

There will be bands playing on all 5 stages at the same time. This creates conflicts. There is a very good chance 2 or more artists you want to see will play at the same time. The schedule is usually released 2 or 3 days before the festival starts, so don't expect to see the schedule before April 13th or 14th. Just become familiar with the line up in the meantime.

And yes. Watch out for AIDZ needlez.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

read the FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

fuckin' alias quotient

thank you so much!!
    When you get here you will see that everyone is mostly friendly and will help out with anything you need. Come prepared. Drinks lots of water. Think about sunburns. And dont forget to eat. You will need your energy. Everything else falls into place!

thank you so much!!
    Their really are no tips or tricks to Coachella (warning this is going to be long!!!).. You just have to experience it for yourself.. I've attended Coachella 4 times.. 2 times with friends/girlfriend and 2 times all byz myzelf.. The 2 times I attended by myself were hands down my best experiences!

In 2001, I camped out in my rental car at some god forsaken lake (Lake Pachula???) and partied with people that were also attending the festival the next day.. We drank beer around a camp fire all night, listening to Kruder&Dorfmeister until the wee hours of the morning.. Later that day I remember waiting in line to get into the festival and hearing Planet of the Drums from about 2 miles away. I think they ending up frying some of their equipment they had the soundsystem up so loud... But it was very exciting hearing the music as we all waited in line..

After watching Planetofthedrums for about 20 minutes, I ventured into some random tent and witnessed MC Supernatural WOW the crowd with his flow technique & rap skills.. For his last song, he picked three people in the audience, asking each person to yell one word into the microphone as he was rapping.. He used whatever word was yelled into the microphone within a split second and rhyme that word together with other words, weaving a story the entire time.. The three words were: President Eisenhower, astrophysicist and botulism.. He even made fun of the girl in the audience for yelling President Eisenhower..

Later I danced my ass off to Adam Freeland, and got to hear an awesome remix of Down the Rabbit Hole (Scratch D & H Bomb) "take the blue pill, take the white pill" from the movie the Matrix

I then relaxed in the shade at one of the beer gardens, meeting new people and watching Iggy Pop play an awesome set from far away..

But what sealed the deal was watching St. Germain play a live set during dusk.. They had a live band with 2 drummers and sounded utterly amazing playing live instruments over samples and loops.. This was the first time I had ever heard electronic music meshed with live instruments and it completely blew me away.. One of the best sets I've ever witnessed in all of my concert experiences. And because they came on late and I met this guy from California who was probably one of the nicest persons I have ever had the opportunity to meet (I don't remember his name which is a pity). He introduced me to all of these random friends, like I had known him all my life..

Finally, I got to see my favorite German dj duo Kruder & Dormeister spin records and mix live video.. I left Coachella around midnight, drove back to L.A. International, hopped on my flight back to Salt Lake City around 5:00 AM and vowed that I would try to return every year, the experience was so amazing..

Now whenever I am lucky enough to attend Coachella, I always make it a point to take a small stroll around the polo grounds at dusk. Watching the sun set, I take a deep breath, feel the lush polo grass under my bare feet, look at everyone smiling and having the time of their life and I thank my lucky stars that I get to attend another year, at one of the best music festivals in the world.. Attend and I promise you will never regret the experience..
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    Their really are no tips or tricks to Coachella (warning this is going to be long!!!).. You just have to experience it for yourself.. I've attended Coachella 4 times.. 2 times with friends/girlfriend and 2 times all byz myzelf.. The 2 times I attended by myself were hands down my best experiences!

In 2001, I camped out in my rental car at some god forsaken lake (Lake Pachula???) and partied with people that were also attending the festival the next day.. We drank beer around a camp fire all night, listening to Kruder&Dorfmeister until the wee hours of the morning.. Later that day I remember waiting in line to get into the festival and hearing Planet of the Drums from about 2 miles away. I think they ending up frying some of their equipment they had the soundsystem up so loud... But it was very exciting hearing the music as we all waited in line..

After watching Planetofthedrums for about 20 minutes, I ventured into some random tent and witnessed MC Supernatural WOW the crowd with his flow technique & rap skills.. For his last song, he picked three people in the audience, asking each person to yell one word into the microphone as he was rapping.. He used whatever word was yelled into the microphone within a split second and rhyme that word together with other words, weaving a story the entire time.. The three words were: President Eisenhower, astrophysicist and botulism.. He even made fun of the girl in the audience for yelling President Eisenhower..

Later I danced my ass off to Adam Freeland, and got to hear an awesome remix of Down the Rabbit Hole (Scratch D & H Bomb) "take the blue pill, take the white pill" from the movie the Matrix

I then relaxed in the shade at one of the beer gardens, meeting new people and watching Iggy Pop play an awesome set from far away..

But what sealed the deal was watching St. Germain play a live set during dusk.. They had a live band with 2 drummers and sounded utterly amazing playing live instruments over samples and loops.. This was the first time I had ever heard electronic music meshed with live instruments and it completely blew me away.. One of the best sets I've ever witnessed in all of my concert experiences. And because they came on late and I met this guy from California who was probably one of the nicest persons I have ever had the opportunity to meet (I don't remember his name which is a pity). He introduced me to all of these random friends, like I had known him all my life..

Finally, I got to see my favorite German dj duo Kruder & Dormeister spin records and mix live video.. I left Coachella around midnight, drove back to L.A. International, hopped on my flight back to Salt Lake City around 5:00 AM and vowed that I would try to return every year, the experience was so amazing..

Now whenever I am lucky enough to attend Coachella, I always make it a point to take a small stroll around the polo grounds at dusk. Watching the sun set, I take a deep breath, feel the lush polo grass under my bare feet, look at everyone smiling and having the time of their life and I thank my lucky stars that I get to attend another year, at one of the best music festivals in the world.. Attend and I promise you will never regret the experience..
    *tear* that was beautiful

thank you so much!!
    The masturbating is the most real of all.

Seriously though it's a very fun festival and everyone is really friendly. You'll miss some bands you want to see but that's ok. You'll see so many artists and have so much fun you just won't care. You get a schedule when you get there. It's like a present.