Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3600

Thread: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Default Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Quote Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
    Yes thank you for reminding me I submitted late. But it's posted regardless.
    Besides only 1977 has won... so relax and have some tea.
    Late or not, your poster is just terrible. There are so many mistakes it's really impossible to narrow it down to just a few.

Sonic Youth on the last line, with Jeff Buckley two lines above? What exactly are you smoking?

Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains both on the FOURTH line, while each band had three separate multi-platinum records? Somehow I'm thinking the twenty million albums sold between them would merit something greater than slumming below Hank Marvin and (dare I say it) Faith No More, who I love, but would never headline over Pearl Jam at any point after 1992.

There's virtually nothing redeeming about that poster, from its uninspiring art and text to its crap lineup, and especially its late entry. This is what they call "keeping it real".

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    If we have Iglu & Hartly now, I suppose they could have Smash Mouth whenever. Neither are preferable.
    HAHAHAHA. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    the comment wasn't directed at you. i have no idea who you are. i don't care WHICH multiple submitter gets shut out, as long as at least one does.
    that hurts crazzz
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    that hurts crazzz
    my comment wasn't directed at you either. obviously you are gonna get a ticket.

Ha, I was just playing.

I hope I get something.

Some good stuff got made, nice to see.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
    I clarified it last night... It's John Mellencamp's side project.. It's not my fav but I figured they book weird acts all the time... lol
    thanks for clarifying for me...it was such an obscure reference that wikipedia and allmusic told nothing about it and when googling it, there are more connections to pearl doggy charm earrings than that of the cougar. not a bad reference after all though as obscure as it may be

I'm still liking tomleach's poster for 78...

alright, let's see some winners.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    Brian Eno & John Cale headlining!?! You realize 99% of this country's population have no idea who either of them are, don't you?
    99% of the population haven't heard of The Velvet Underground or Roxy Music? I admit that Eno & Cale isn't the most mainstream choice, but for me that's part of Coachella's charm - it's a festival who's lineups are for music fans. Music fans who read NME or SPIN or the Village Voice would have known Eno & Cale's album - it ranked in all three magazine's top twenty lists for the end of 1990. Plus the real Coachella has booked a headliner or two whose fame came from being apart of another band, so it's not that extraordinary a concept.

And AC/DC in 1991?
    I don't see what's so odd about AC/DC in '91? Coachella would have kicked off the band's tour of the North America and been the one big open-air gig in North America that was equal to their open-air European show at Castle Donington later that year. If anything, it's the opposite of Eno & Cale - the mainstream headliner of the festival and an act to appease casual music fans who choose Coachella as their one big concert to go to for the year.

Not to mention C+C Music Factory, Amy Grant and Edie Brickell!
    All artists with success in 1990 and 1991 (admittedly for Brickell, success that was fading). The cool thing about a multi-stage festival is that if you don't like what is on one stage, you can go to another.

I went for what I felt was a realistic lineup for the time - I didn't want to "crystal ball it" too much.
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

I don't think there's anything wrong with Goo Goo Dolls, Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, etc. at Coachella. All on the same poster, though? No way.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

the.suspense.is.killing.me.
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    I was gonna avoid this thread today, but no dice
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

My wife and I are really, really looking forward to Coachella, whether we win or not.

But there will absolutely be poster T-shirts when the time comes. It will be a fantastic weekend!

COME ON 69!! BRING IT HOME!
    BRING IT HOME TO DADDY!!!

I like that enthusiasm for 69!
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Psicosis View Post
    99% of the population haven't heard of The Velvet Underground or Roxy Music? I admit that Eno & Cale isn't the most mainstream choice, but for me that's part of Coachella's charm - it's a festival who's lineups are for music fans. Music fans who read NME or SPIN or the Village Voice would have known Eno & Cale's album - it ranked in all three magazine's top twenty lists for the end of 1990. Plus the real Coachella has booked a headliner or two whose fame came from being apart of another band, so it's not that extraordinary a concept.

I don't see what's so odd about AC/DC in '91? Coachella would have kicked off the band's tour of the North America and been the one big open-air gig in North America that was equal to their open-air European show at Castle Donington later that year. If anything, it's the opposite of Eno & Cale - the mainstream headliner of the festival and an act to appease casual music fans who choose Coachella as their one big concert to go to for the year.

All artists with success in 1990 and 1991 (admittedly for Brickell, success that was fading). The cool thing about a multi-stage festival is that if you don't like what is on one stage, you can go to another.

I went for what I felt was a realistic lineup for the time - I didn't want to "crystal ball it" too much.
    Did I say Eno-Cale was a bad idea? I think its a fuckin great idea, but headlining? Honestly?

Miles Davis would've headlined over them. Which reminds me, I know I posted my entry last minute, but I sent my lineup to C DUB YA back on Feb 1, just before he posted his 1990 entry, so he can vouch for my authenticity. I was actually looking at Quincy Jones when I found out they recorded Miles & Quincy at Montreaux in '91, and added them immediately. I didn't have a design then anyway, so I couldn't post. Just so you know I didn't steal Davis or any of your other bands.

I've also stated that AC/DC is worthy as a headliner in '91, but they're a reach, and you already have a super-obscure headliner on the other night of a 2-day festival.

I like your poster, I like (most of) your bands, hell I think everyone who entered should at least get a T shirt, or a bottle of water or something. And I know I "crystal ball"ed it some with my entry. You think Pumpkins, Pavement and Verve as the last band each day was an accident? The first thing I thought when I saw the contest was, "I think I'll put On a Friday on a Sunday."

Even if you take them away, though, I've still got interesting shit like Miles/Quincy, Can (who reunited in '91 to record a new song for a Wim Wenders film), and the Highwaymen. I doubt anyone's even bothered to check out the Belleville Three, Hexagon Sun, the Nightblooms, Lemon Interupt or R.L. Burnside.

Is my poster probable? Fuck no. Its barely conceivable.
    Would you sell everything and everyone to see it if it was real? Yes, please.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    same.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Dorkfish, on your list you have Autopsy Turvey's 1997 entry listed as mine. The original post was #2292 on page 77. It's my cousin's entry, I commented on it later.

Thanks
    Last edited by the goat; 03-03-2010 at 08:16 PM.

How pathetic are all of you that are being disrespectful and talking shit to one another. This is a contest to make a Coachella poster in retrospect. None of these lineups existed , so there for no body is right or wrong in the line ups they chose. Take my line up for example: I did it according to what I felt would be a fucking good concert in my opinion. So stop all your immature bickering, and get pumped for Coachella.

ps. monklish, you have to be the biggest low-life, pitiful loser ever. Knowing every minor detail about every band and having an ego so massive that gives this latest earthquake in Chile a run for its money; doesn't make you "cool" or better than anyone else. shithead.
    -The question is am I my brother and sister's keeper?
    -The answer is more than that.
    -I am my brother and my sister.
    -I am a person trapped in a building which has collapsed in Haiti.
    -I am a father who cannot get to his children in Haiti.
    -I am a mother who is injured holding her injured baby with no aid.
    -I am not ashamed to say i need your help and I am grateful to say thank you.

Dr. Maya Angelou
    http://savehaitisaturday.com/

Fuck you and fuck Haiti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Save_Haiti View Post
    How pathetic are all of you that are being disrespectful and talking shit to one another. This is a contest to make a Coachella poster in retrospect. None of these lineups existed , so there for no body is right or wrong in the line ups they chose. Take my line up for example: I did it according to what I felt would be a fucking good concert in my opinion. So stop all your immature bickering, and get pumped for Coachella.

ps. monklish, you have to be the biggest low-life, pitiful loser ever. Knowing every minor detail about every band and having an ego so massive that gives this latest earthquake in Chile a run for its money; doesn't make you "cool" or better than anyone else. shithead.
    welcome to the internet.

this is widely known as a rough room.

best not to talk to monklish, you are better off ignoring him as soon as possible, but if you're bent out of shape on just your 8th post, you probably won't last long in here anyways.

nice knowing ya
    The Glitter Freeze

Fuck you and fuck Haiti.
    It's a tragedy you can't sig yourself.

Since when can you not sig yourself?
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Touche

Quote Originally Posted by Save_Haiti View Post

Well some are more right than others, that's the point of the contest. The person who wins isn't the person who put The Who, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones as headliners, I guarantee you.

And Monklish doesn't know every minor detail about every band, he just pretends he does. He's a wikipedia whore.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Did I say Eno-Cale was a bad idea? I think its a fuckin great idea, but headlining? Honestly? I've also stated that AC/DC is worthy as a headliner in '91, but they're a reach, and you already have a super-obscure headliner on the other night of a 2-day festival.
    I think we will have to agree to disagree. Eno and Cale both had extensive careers as part of their bands and on their own. Hardly obscure in my opinion. Just as Waters and McCartney did, a headlining performance would of had them play songs from their back catalogue in addition to their recent album.

Miles Davis would've headlined over them.
    Maybe, but he probably would have headlined over Jane's Addiction as well. I had Davis as a sub as I had him closing the Mojave.

Which reminds me, I know I posted my entry last minute, but I sent my lineup to C DUB YA back on Feb 1, just before he posted his 1990 entry, so he can vouch for my authenticity. I was actually looking at Quincy Jones when I found out they recorded Miles & Quincy at Montreaux in '91, and added them immediately. I didn't have a design then anyway, so I couldn't post. Just so you know I didn't steal Davis or any of your other bands.
    No harm done, it's hard to avoid overlap. That's why I found it odd for people to suggest leaving it to the last minute to avoid stealing bands - surely first in would be best dressed.
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

the Highwaymen.
    Ha I had no idea those guys ever performed together until this contest, so I had to put them on. What year is your poster, 91?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

No harm done, it's hard to avoid overlap. That's why I found it odd for people to suggest leaving it to the last minute to avoid stealing bands - surely first in would be best dressed.
    Yeah I actually thought stealing bands would make me look worse. That's why I was bummed when a couple of 97 posters came out in a row with a bunch of bands I had planned. I took Radiohead off because everyone else in 97 already had them.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Miles Davis would not have headlined over anyone.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Eno and Cale both had extensive careers as part of their bands and on their own. Hardly obscure in my opinion. Just as Waters and McCartney did, a headlining performance would of had them play songs from their back catalogue in addition to their recent album.

Maybe, but he probably would have headlined over Jane's Addiction as well. I had Davis as a sub as I had him closing the Mojave.

I don't know how many different ways I can say this: Eno-Cale is a great choice, just not as a headliner. Did you just put them next to Waters and McCartney? Reminds of the Wire episode where Bunk walks in wearing a high school lacrosse sweater. "I didn't know black people played lacrosse." Bunk replies, "What? Jim Brown was All-American at Syracuse." Lester Freamon, "You did not just put yourself next to Jim Brown."

psycho, yeah its 91.

Again, I sent C DUB YA my lineup on Feb 1. I will also swear to whatever God or gods you claim that I did not plagiarize anyone. Beyond that, not sure what you want.

Miles Davis is not a Coachella headliner, I was just making the point that neither are Eno-Cale.

Thumbs up Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Fuck you and fuck Haiti.
    normally I would be insulted by such idiotic and childish remark, however I deeply feel terrible for a man that takes a picture of himself wearing a fedora(?) and makes it his avatar, and then proceeds to talk shit to just about everyone on an online forum.
    -The question is am I my brother and sister's keeper?
    -The answer is more than that.
    -I am my brother and my sister.
    -I am a person trapped in a building which has collapsed in Haiti.
    -I am a father who cannot get to his children in Haiti.
    -I am a mother who is injured holding her injured baby with no aid.
    -I am not ashamed to say i need your help and I am grateful to say thank you.

Dr. Maya Angelou
    http://savehaitisaturday.com/